BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

It is the year 2012, the supposed date of the apocalypse when you receive an official letter from Traicao Corporation that reads as followed:

To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to our attention that you have a special gift, very uncommon among the "normal" folk. It is our pleasure to invite you to a "tournament" of sorts, where you will be pitted against many other people with similar and different talents. There will be a gratuitous reward for the winner, and the entire tournament will be broadcasted live throughout the world for people to see.

Fighting, drama, fame, gratuitous rewards....What do you say friend? Do you accept?

Sincerely,

John Diemos

CEO of Traicao Corporation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOST NOTE: You are allowed to make alliances with other players. This means you are a team, and should probably not kill each other. If you would like to make an alliance with another player, PM them asking them, as well as a CC to me so I know who has alliances with who.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You all arrive at the specified location provided in the letter: An abandoned town in the country around New York City.

John Diemos: "Welcome all of you to the Death Games! If you would just step into this conveniently located fighting arena, you can introduce yourselves."

*steps into arena*

Edited by RainThinker

• Answers 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Acacia looked up, following Klin's movements. Suddenly seeing her withdraw her spear, Acacia flipped over and drew her legs towards her in a desperate attempt to avoid the pointy spearhead. The distance between her and Klin was too short though, and the spear just skimmed the side of her right leg. Taking the few seconds for Klin to reposition, Acacia leapt onto her feet and took out two daggers. She threw them at Klin as she was still dropping, and then rolled over to avoid any other spontaneous attacks. Pain streaked up her leg as she moved, and realizing she couldn't fight like this, she put her hand on top of the large wound on her leg. Going through her memories of when Klin healed her injury, she let her instinctive power flow down her arm and in seconds, the wound was gone.

ooc: Used my copy ability; 1 heal down.

Klin screamed as a dagger pierced her her lower torso and blood started leaking onto her clothes. She didnt even notice a second dagger lightly graze the top of her scalp as she crumpled to the ground. Groaning, she curled into a ball, wrapping herself in spear case that she managed to shakily wrap around herself. Closing her eyes shut tight, she reached for her mind to heal the vicous wound. She found the mental link needed for the healing and quickly wrench the blade out, healing the wound instantly. Twisting out of the ball, Klin stood up slowly, wrapping the spear case quickly and tucking it into her belt-like cord wrapped multiple times around her waist. Feeling something sticky moving down the side of her ace, she lifted her hand to her head and when she pulled it away she saw thick blood smeared on her palm. Grimicing, Klin realised she would have to put up with this small wound as her mind was exhuasted and would not be able to heal another wound until she rested. She quickly wiped as much blood off her face as possible and grasping her spear again, retreated a couple of metres away from Acacia to steady herself for the next attack as well as taking time to asses her opponent.

OOC: No heals left! D:

Acacia focused her eyes on Klin as she healed the injuries again. She took in the tired look on Klin, thinking that the battle is almost over. She took a few steps back, and withdrew four knives in her left hand while gripping the small sword in her right. Suddenly, she sprinted right at Klin, and a second before colliding, Acacia let loose the knives at her. She flipped over Klin, landing behind her and slicing at Klin's neck in a smooth stroke.

Through tired eyes Klinartic saw her opponent Acacia coming fast at her and Klin knew she would not be able to stop much of the oncoming attack. She stood frozen and watched her getting closer. Acacia had almost reached Klin when suddenly Klin heard a voice calling softly in her head to retreat and let her body takeover. Klin jumped, startled by the voice, but decided to obey it even though she thought she was going crazy. Drawing her mind into itself with her remaining mental power, Klin felt her body un-freeze and move her spear in front of her body. Acacia jumped over Klin at the last second, but Klin's body was busy blocking the four knives shooting at her. As she twirled her spear and successfully blocked all the knives, Klin suddenly felt a white hot pain on the back of her neck and crumpled to the ground in agony. Scenes from her early childhood up to the current time flashed in her mind just like they said happened as you died. Klin's mind was screaming as thick blood flowed down her body and was beginning to gather in a pool on the ground. Her vision began to fade to blackness, she was struggling to breathe and she was also losing feeling in her arms and legs. With an agonising cry that sounded un-human that was screamed from her mouth as well as her mind, she lost control of her body and mind. Klin's body began the proccess of shutting down and her mind drew deep into the deeps, awaiting death.

OOC: I.e.. you either finish me off or leave me and I shall live as long as I get medical attention fast! :o

ooc: I love that post, Clozo! I'm not sure whether RT will let me do this, but I shall try!

Acacia fell to her knees after the final attack, breathing heavily. Attacking repeatedly with full force drained a large chunk of her energy, and it took all her determination not to collapse into an unconscious sleep. An agonizing scream echoed through her, sending jolts down her limbs and momentarily bringing her back to the real world. Remembering Klin, she looked up and saw the steadily largening pool of blood around Klin. As she stared at her opponent writhing in agony, her mind made a decision without her even realizing it. Acacia crawled over to Klin's side, and concentrated her last shred of magic into healing the neck wound. The seconds stretched by, and ever so slowly, the wound dissapeared.

"Great enemies don't deserve to die like this," Acacia murmured before blacking out and falling onto the hard ground.

Diemos stared in disgust at the two unconscious contestants. "Take them off the field!" Two attendants rush out, and pick up the bodies and return them to the stands. "Now...I've got bored of watching you weaklings fight each other. Time for a friend of mine to show you what REAL ENTERTAINMENT IS!"

A tall man with grey eyes strides into the middle of the arena. Everything about him seems to scream "earth" from his stone grey trench coat, to his spiked grey and brown hair.

Deimos speaks again: "This is my associate, Khaz. Khaz here is a Master Geomancer...Your task is to defeat him, no matter the cost."

OOC: Ugh...this took such a long time to do...I need to thank Riranor for helping to create Khaz, as my creativity has been failing for the past few days. Anyways, this is the first boss fight. It is all of you against the boss, to the death. You may choose to fight with the boss, but I wouldn't recommend it.

ooc: Sorry for the mega-uber-sized post :blush:

Acacia woke up to see a white ceiling. She stared at it, not even remembering the last time she actually slept in a room. She rolled over and groaned when she landed on a broken bone in her right arm. What the heck...?

Suddenly, it all flooded back to her. "Oh right, the battle...," she murmured under her breath. Acacia got up slowly, wincing again at a wound on her left leg. Ah jeezus, it's been a good decade since she's fought this hard.

"No, no, no! Don't you dare get up!" screamed a nurse who just entered, waving her arms in the air. Acacia got up and shoved her against the wall.

"Where am I?" Acacia glared at the nurse, who started trembling.

"The Death Games hospital, sponsored by Traicou Corporation," she stuttered out.

Acacia let her go and marched out, and using the last 2 heals that she stole from Klin, she healed her major wounds. The others would just have to wait.

"Those impolite, violent competitors...I don't get paid enough to do this," she heard the nurse murmur before Acacia slammed the door behind her.

Acacia walked around the deserted town for a good hour before finding the arena. Flipping herself over the wall, she saw Diemos and another unfamiliar guy in the middle, with a couple competitors around him. She walked towards the group, staring at the strange guy besides Diemos. Every cell of him was radiating magic, and not the good kind either. She frowned, wondering what a guy like him is doing in a place like this. Surely he's not here to enjoy a cup of tea...

"Hey, dude, what's going on?" she asked quietly, nudging one of the competitors.

Kevin was the one nudged buy Acacia, luckily for her he wasn't in the mood to make sly, confusing comments or jokes. He turned his head toward her, his hand up in his hair with a stressed look on his face, "Apparently we got to fight this guy and i am really not in the mood too fight." Kevin yawns finishing his sentence, looking back at Khaz, "Hey Diemos, any chance i can take the day off?"

edit: typo

Edited by Riranor

ooc: :lol: Why do I have the sudden urge to push Kevin into the hole of doom? :P

bic: Acacia looked from Kevin to Khaz. She arched an eyebrow as she, once again, got hit by his menancing power. She returned her gaze back at Kevin.

"Hey, I just got out of the hospital. I believe I deserve a day off more than you do. And here I was hoping that I could enjoy a relaxing battle on the sidelines." Sighing, she sat down on the hard ground and stretched her legs out in front of her. "Send some other squirt for the earth guy to crush to oblivion."

OOC: you know you love him :P

BIC: "I really don't care if you think i deserve one or not, i am just not in the mood too fight. Ifi come across as rude or obnoxious then good, because i don't care what you think. Back to my question... Can i take the day off Diemos?"

"Kevin, there isn't a single word in my extended vocabulary that can be used to convey the "no"-ness of my answer. So I'm going to make up for it in volume."

Diemos takes a deep breath, and yells in Kevin's face:

"NO!!!"

Now slightly out of breath and red in the face, Diemos continues to yell at Kevin, "You came specifically to this tournament to FIGHT, and now you say you're..." (Now imitating Kevin) "NOT IN THE MOOD!! If you're too afraid to fight now, then I suggest you GET THE HECK OUT OF MY TOURNAMENT!!"

He then turns and walks away back to the stands.

OOC: Hehe, Diemos is really funny when he's angry. :lol:

Edited by RainThinker

ooc: :lol: Diemos pwns :P

Acacia laughed so hard that she thought she was going to faint from lack of breath. After finally reducing to minor giggling, she glanced at Kevin and waited for some smart comment that was bound to come out of his mouth.

"heh... heh... hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha," Kevin burst into laughter when Diemos was done speaking, he took a breath in too stop and started speaking. "Well now, you are trying too pull a play on words too get me to fight for pride by saying i am afraid. smart Diemos... very smart. At teh same time it's a child's game, but then again... i do like games. I will make this as quick as possible just so i can get some sleep," Kevin whipped out a deck of cards, his facial expression going from care free too serious. The cards levitated around him and flew at Khaz with a furious speed. "this reward in the end better be worth it Diemos," Kevin spoke as the cards flew through air at the powerful target.

Brise shook her head and sat up, smiling.

"Well that was fun Griffin!" she beamed to the space next to her and stood up, "Oh look! A new playmate :D" She bolted down the stairs and lept back into the stadium to join the crowd.

"Can I play? Please!"

ooc: :lol: Silly Brise... 'cause I'm not questioning her sanity ;)

bic: Acacia looked behind her and saw Brise, a fun innocent-looking girl. Smiling, she ran at her and tackled her to the ground.

"Aww...you're so cute, yes you are!" she rambled off, still hugging Brise. "I haven't talked to girls for a while...well, except when I'm trying to kill them. Would you be my friend?"

Acacia looked up, giving her the puppy eyes. She figured that later on this game, she'll need to have some allies. The girl, despite her appearance, seemed fairly strong, and would probably stick around for a while. Plus, she's interesting.

"We could gang up on that random guy there...," she whispered, glancing at Kevin. "He's weird. I don't like him."

Khaz watches the card fly towards him at an enormous speed, and doesn't even flinch. Moments before the card makes contant, the ground in front of Khaz flexes, and flys upwards to block the card, then drops back to its normal position. "Pathetic...I thought you would be more creative with your abilities, but it seems I was mistaken..."