BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

It is the year 2012, the supposed date of the apocalypse when you receive an official letter from Traicao Corporation that reads as followed:

To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to our attention that you have a special gift, very uncommon among the "normal" folk. It is our pleasure to invite you to a "tournament" of sorts, where you will be pitted against many other people with similar and different talents. There will be a gratuitous reward for the winner, and the entire tournament will be broadcasted live throughout the world for people to see.

Fighting, drama, fame, gratuitous rewards....What do you say friend? Do you accept?

Sincerely,

John Diemos

CEO of Traicao Corporation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOST NOTE: You are allowed to make alliances with other players. This means you are a team, and should probably not kill each other. If you would like to make an alliance with another player, PM them asking them, as well as a CC to me so I know who has alliances with who.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You all arrive at the specified location provided in the letter: An abandoned town in the country around New York City.

John Diemos: "Welcome all of you to the Death Games! If you would just step into this conveniently located fighting arena, you can introduce yourselves."

*steps into arena*

Edited by RainThinker

• Answers 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

OOC: Why thank you all! You've read my mind. ;) Sorry about not being on for a while...Our internet has been not worked on and off for days now. I hope this is the last time it breaks.

BIC: Diemos stands up and calls back to the contestants. "It seems this last battle has come to a tie. I will let them live this time...BUT THIS TIME ONLY! The next battle will be between (Clozo)Klinartic and (ST)Acacia.

BEGIN!"

Acacia's eyes fluttered open. She rubbed her head, wondering why she suddenly dreamt Diemos yelling at her. She jogged the short distance to the arena and scaled the rough walls, still have asleep. Pulling herself onto the top of the wall, she was surprised when she heard her name ringing through the arena. Was it her time to battle?

She blinked fully awake and jumped down to the center of the arena. Her hands ready to draw out a weapon, she searched the area for Klinartic.

Klin was sitting patiently in the arena when her name was rung out for all to hear. She watched as the everyone gathered to watch the oncoming fight and saw Acacia appear over a wall and drop down into the arena.

Studying her carefully she wandered what she would bring to the fight and what powers she herself would need to overcome the target. She was thinking of simply knocking her out for the time being, but she would see how she fighted first then make her final decision.

Stepping forward into roughly the centre of the arena, she performed a graceful Kata movement that helped to clear her mind and stood in a defensive position, waiting for her opponents first strike.

Acacia frowned as Klin moved into defense position. She was hoping that she didn't have to do the first move. Sighing, she adjusted her footing, and narrowed her eyes on her opponent. Keeping her right hand near a knife, she counted down in her head; 3...2...1. Acacia sprinted as hard as she could at Klin, spraying sand and dirt up into the air and blurring her shape. She twisted around at the last second before she collided into Klin, flipped her knife out, and stabbed at her from the side.

Klin sprung away from the dusty shape, suprised at the speed of her opponent. Darting away to the side she gasped as she experienced a pain on her upper thigh. Looking down she saw a deepish gash spurting deep red blood. Sighing she quickly ripped a part of her shirt away and pressed it to her leg, fastening it to her leg with the aid of the cord wrapped around her wrist. Snapping her head back up she searched for her opponent, pulling her spear out of the pouch slung accross her back.

OOC: sorry if i take a bit of time replying.. doing a gazillion other things XD

ooc: Sorry, I'm doing a ton of things too :blush: I'm afraid this battle's going to take longer than the others, between sneaking on and other things I have to do :(

Acacia leaped back and automatically went into defense position. She gripped a knife in one hand, keeping the other hand in front of her for balance. Now it was Klin's turn to attack, and by the looks of it, it's going to be with the dangerous-looking spear she was taking out.

Carefully calculating distances and movements, Klin began to creep forward and as she closed around half the distances between Acacia and herself, she started darting around, back and forth, side to side. As Klin came into striking distance of Acacia, her movements increased in speed and she started leaping, twirling her spear above her head. Without warning, Klin jumped high into the air and above Acacia, bringing her spear down and flicking it at the last second to hit Acacias' right shoulder with a sickening thump.

Her strike complete she quickly darted away, keeping her eyes on her opponent at all times, ready for almost anything.

OOC: my hands are numb o.o making me take forever to type xD

Acacia focused her eyes harder on her opponent as she darted back and forth. Planting her feet, she prepared for the strike as Klin's speed doubled. As the light caught the spear, Acacia knew the attack was coming and moved sideways, but was a split second too late as she felt a painfully sharp edge dig into her right shoulder. She ducked and moved back, lessening the depth of the wound. She was far enough away to have a warning if Klin decided to attack again, and used this time to check the wound. Thankfully, it wasn't too deep, but it was large enough to leave a scar. Wincing, she tore a piece of the bandage always wrapped around her wrists and used it to patch the wound temporarily.

Twirling the small knife in her left hand, she planned her next move. Acacia walked carefully to be just far enough for Klin's spear to be unable to reach her, and suddenly threw the knife at Klin. Whipping out three more knives, she threw them around Klin; one on the right, one on the left, and one on top. Just as the three knives left her hand, she ran a semi-circle around Klin and reached for her large black sword strapped to her back.

Klin saw the knives coming, and knowing no way to avoid them she curled into a ball, unfurling the spear case on her back to provide a thick leather shield. She grimaced as she heard some knives swoosh past her and yelped as one stabbed into her upper left arm. Groaning she got up, rolling her case back up quickly and slinging it back over her back. Grabbing her spear off the ground she leaned it against her leg and braced herself for the oncoming pain. Without looking, Klin grasped the knife blade embeded in her arm and pulled it out with a sharp gasp. Quickly placing her hand over the wound she reached into her mind for the healing strength she would need. Sighing, Klin pulled her hand away from the now healed wound and placed the knife in her pouch, picked up her spear and turned around in time to see Acacia coming at her with a deadly looking sword.

Klin looked to her left, ready to spring as Acacia neared, but as the other girl came, instead of leaping to her left and she hoped Acacia would think, she leaped high into the air and away to her right. Sprinting fast she jumped onto an arena wall and stood facing her opponent from a slight above.

OOC: Thats one of my heals down :P

Acacia reached for her main sword, but didn't draw it out. She was hoping that she would scare Klinartic into moving to her left so she could strike with her more agile smaller sword. To her surprise, Klin moved to her right, a very inconvenient and probably painful action, considering Acacia was pretty sure one of her knives struck her left arm. She looked at Klin again, who was now perched on the arena wall, and had to blink a few times. The wound totally disappeared. Oh great, a healer...

Acacia sighed, and used this time to grab two of her knives that were now sticking from the ground. Even though she was fully equipped, she can't risk using all her weapons at once. Glancing at Klin every few seconds, Acacia waited anxiously for her opponent to strike.

OOC: ugh im sorry, lost my muse that day and then i forgot about it >.<

Klin glared at Acacia who was obviously waiting for her to make the move. Not bothered to do anything fancy, Klin jumped off the wall onto the ground and charged at Acacia, brandishing her sharp hard spear.

ooc: No problem! :)

Acacia stared at Klin, waiting for her to do some trick as she came charging with her spear. Realizing that Klin was just being really straight-forward, Acacia slammed herself down onto the ground and narrowly dodged a deathly attack. She swung her leg at Klin's feet, trying to trip her, as she took out her sword and stabbed randomly at Klin's chest.

Edited by star_tiger

Klin suddenly saw Acacia disappear and wondered where she had gotten to, when she tripped over something slightly squishy and flew high into the air. Twisting in the air so that she would land on her feet, Klin saw Acacia with a sword stabbing at where her body would of been had she not tripped. Grasping her spear firmly as she started falling, she thrust it hard at Acacia who was just in reach by the time Klin landed.