BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

It is the year 2012, the supposed date of the apocalypse when you receive an official letter from Traicao Corporation that reads as followed:

To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to our attention that you have a special gift, very uncommon among the "normal" folk. It is our pleasure to invite you to a "tournament" of sorts, where you will be pitted against many other people with similar and different talents. There will be a gratuitous reward for the winner, and the entire tournament will be broadcasted live throughout the world for people to see.

Fighting, drama, fame, gratuitous rewards....What do you say friend? Do you accept?

Sincerely,

John Diemos

CEO of Traicao Corporation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOST NOTE: You are allowed to make alliances with other players. This means you are a team, and should probably not kill each other. If you would like to make an alliance with another player, PM them asking them, as well as a CC to me so I know who has alliances with who.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You all arrive at the specified location provided in the letter: An abandoned town in the country around New York City.

John Diemos: "Welcome all of you to the Death Games! If you would just step into this conveniently located fighting arena, you can introduce yourselves."

*steps into arena*

Edited by RainThinker

• Answers 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Birgit uses her (OOC: awesomely awesome) strength to break her feet free just in time to punch at the sword at shatter it. With bloody knuckles, she lunges at Brise's throat.

Eek O.O *ducks (OOC: since she's really short XD) under her legs and leaps up again, whirling around* You could have HURT someone there...*her hands start glowing faintly*

She turned around and pointed her bloody fist at Brise for a moment in hopes of distracting her. She then pulled out her dagger and rolled at Brise's legs, shlashing at them.

Oh dear...your hands look...*shudders, then realizes that Birgit is rolling at her, and leaps over her* Hey! You missed my TURN! >.< I don't like people who don't play fair... *her hands burst into flame and she swipes at Birgit while she's on the ground*

She rolls out of the way of the flames, but the bottom part of her pants catches fire. She tears off the flaming part and hurls it at Brise as hard as she can for a distraction while she gets off the ground.

Edit: typo

Edited by music_luvr95

Yikes! O.O *swipes the material out of the way* Maybe I shouldn't be playing with fire yet...*the flames go out and her hands go back to faintly glowing* Now where'd Miss Birgit go I wonder? ^^

OOC: Yes it would x.X But that would be one short battle...and one short game for me :(

Edit: Just like you remind you that if you knock the other person out they still get to play and you don't waste your auto kill...;D

Edited by Kathleen

OOC: True, I want to make this fun...

BIC: Birgit tried to finish it, but the pain overtook her and she released the girl. She tried once again to overcome her, lunging once she recovered herself.

*Looks at her own burnt hands for a momment* Ouch... *looks up* Wow you bounce back fast O.O *swipes her hands through the air, and collects the moisture out of it, creating a water whip, and slashing at Birgit* Don't come too close...

Birgit watches as the whip slashes at her and decides to experiment. She punches with all of her force at the whip and sees that it breaks apart momentarily. She smiles and runs toward Brise, punching at the whip to avoid it as she goes.

Hey! Don't break my whip :( *cracks it again and suddenly it freezes, turning into an icy pole with a pointed edge* Now I have to break something of yours...how does an arm sound? ^^ *swings it towards her arm*

Birgit sees the ice-whip headed towards her and toughens the skin on both arms (OOC: you didn't say which ;)). She smiles with satisfaction as the whips shatters on contact and continues forward.

OOC: I can use that twice in a battle, that's one.

OOC: No problem :D I actually forget what powers I have...*goes to check*

BIC: Aw...look what a mess you made...*indicates towards the shattered ice everywhere with a wave of her hand* I hope you don't fall on that *slashes at you with her hands and a blast of icy cold wind slams agains you*

OOC: Mine are pretty simple, I don't have to remember too much.

BIC: She tries to find purchase on the arena ground but there is none. Her weight stops her from moving too fast but she is still slammed against the arena wall. She positions herself to lunge again, using the wall to push off of. The wind will be a problem, but the rage it triggers adds to her strength. She pushes off and tries again to aim for Brise's head. She knows she won't be able to end this fully, but maybe she can just end it for now...

"Forget it girl, I was made for this" She gets blown back a bit, as she wasn't expecting Brise to strengthen the force of the wind, but this gives her the chance she needs to get grounded on the floor of the arena and wait out the storm of wind. She ducks her head enough to keep the wind out of her eyes, but keeps it elevated enough to still watch the little girl's legs for any movement.

Birgit runs up to the girl as soon as the maelstrom (OOC: that's an awesome word isn't it :D) stops, pulls out her dagger and raps it on the side of Brise's head. Not enough to kill, but just enough to knock her out cold. "Game over" She says and starts to walk away.