BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

It is the year 2012, the supposed date of the apocalypse when you receive an official letter from Traicao Corporation that reads as followed:

To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to our attention that you have a special gift, very uncommon among the "normal" folk. It is our pleasure to invite you to a "tournament" of sorts, where you will be pitted against many other people with similar and different talents. There will be a gratuitous reward for the winner, and the entire tournament will be broadcasted live throughout the world for people to see.

Fighting, drama, fame, gratuitous rewards....What do you say friend? Do you accept?

Sincerely,

John Diemos

CEO of Traicao Corporation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOST NOTE: You are allowed to make alliances with other players. This means you are a team, and should probably not kill each other. If you would like to make an alliance with another player, PM them asking them, as well as a CC to me so I know who has alliances with who.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You all arrive at the specified location provided in the letter: An abandoned town in the country around New York City.

John Diemos: "Welcome all of you to the Death Games! If you would just step into this conveniently located fighting arena, you can introduce yourselves."

*steps into arena*

Edited by RainThinker

• Answers 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The coin lands in Kevin's hand and he smiles, "Looks like i won." The coin flies up into the sky and brakes into a storm of lights that rain down on Randro piercing through bone and skin. "It is now over," Kevin takes a single card and throws it at Randro, his body stilled being ripped apart by the lights, in an instant blood splattered to the ground as his throat was slit.

"Oh, that's really pleasant," Ashton said sarcastically, raising his hand. The skin on his palm bubbled and hissed like acid, then shot outwards and elongated into a steel rectangle. He held it in front of him to block the torrent of blood and bone.

"Alright, who's next?" he called out, looking around for the remaining contestants. The skin around his eyes sizzled and morphed into a set of heat-seeking goggles that snapped securely around his two black irises. Suddenly, red blobs appeared in front of him, each one representing a source of heat. He recognized a few: Kevin, a storm of skin fragments falling around him; Birgit, completely still; and Brise, her short form much more noticable than everyone else's.

Birgit waited (not too patiently) for the John Diemos to return. She surveyed her other competitors, trying to analyze what might be their weaknesses.

OOC: I think the fact that his skin was torn from his body is AWESOME!!! I find it gross and really freaking sweet because it's gross. . . I'm weird like that.

"Congratulations Kevin, on your victory. Now, on to the next battle: It will be between Lucas(RMZ) and Ashton(FIF). It will to the death, or until one person forfeits. In which case I will decide the fate of the loser." Deimos turns to the two, "Well, what are you two waiting for?"

Acacia nearly fell off the oak tree she was, a few seconds ago, pleasantly napping in, as she heard the host's voice ringing loudly through the arena. Dangling from a tree branch, she looked down to see masses of blood sprayed across the floor and pieces of flesh scattered around. As morbid as everything looked, she couldn't help holding a giggle.

"Guess nobody envies that poor fella," she murmured as she swung herself down to land gracefully on the arena wall. She narrowed her eyes and scanned the area, trying to find either Kevin or Randro. Her light green eyes finally fell on Kevin, and her left hand twitched near the dagger hanging from her belt. Acacia sighed angrily. She was hoping that that little trickster would die. Fat luck.

Moving her eyes away from the little snickering demon and trying to ignore the desire to kill Kevin right now, she trained her focus onto the present battle. Ashton looked prepared to kill, which wasn't a warm fuzzy look, but Lucas was nowhere to be seen. Acacia frowned. She was hoping to see Ashton in action, whom she was taking a minor interest in. He had a unique personality, not to mention a talent in fighting. She still had her fingers crossed that she gets the chance to fight him one-on-one soon.

"Do I win by default?" Ashton asked, sitting down on the ground. "Or do we wait? Or should I fight someone else?"

ooc: I think we should have a time limit, like wait 48 hours from the time RT declared the two opponents, and if 1 or 2 don't show, the names switch up. It really isn't fair that there's people here who are just itching to kill someone, but are stuck waiting for an inactive person.

ooc: I think we should have a time limit, like wait 48 hours from the time RT declared the two opponents, and if 1 or 2 don't show, the names switch up. It really isn't fair that there's people here who are just itching to kill someone, but are stuck waiting for an inactive person.

OOC: YEAH! i want to rip another body to little gory bits!

OOC: Anybody want to revive me? Going once, going twice.................?????

Can somebody please revive me? I am geting really bored because it's not much fun going against one if the most experienced players first and then dieing because of a cheap autokill

Edited by randro

OOC: Sorry Randro, I don't have a revive ability

BIC: Ashton ground his teeth furiously. "Listen," he called out to nobody in particular. "What's going to happen? Am I going to fight someone else?"

OOC: Apparently he hasn't been on since the 23rd...I have a feeling he won't be coming back x.X

BIC: Ashton ground his teeth furiously. "Listen," he called out to nobody in particular. "What's going to happen? Am I going to fight someone else?"

Well, from what Kat said, I wouldn't hold your breath for RMZ to come back. It's all up to RT, but maybe he can either draw another name for you to fight against? If RMZ does come back, the host can stick him into another battle :P

OOC: To be honest, I havent heard from RT lately either...maybe we should just take matters into our own hands? ^^

BIC: Brise blinked down at Ashton alone, looking disappointed.

"Aw...he must be upset that no one wants to play with him..." she muttered to herself. Her eyes then widened and she smiled, leaping up out of her seat and running down the stairs of the stadium.

"I'll play with you Ashton!" she smiled, as she jumped off the ledge into the arena.

ooc: Nice to see you again, TB! It feels like ages since I rp-ed with you :P But I think you came in a tad bit late; looks like Kat already jumped in and volunteered to fight FIF. So err...you guys can sort it out while I go and make dinner :)

OOC: RMZ has been replaced by TB. Twin_bro, if you are ready to fight Frozen_in_fire, the matches will continue.

Also, sorry I wasn't able to reply here for a while, I contracted a bad case of the flu, but am now better.

"Are you sure you're fine with this?" Ashton said to twin_bro, who looked completely defenseless. "Because I might..."

"Hurt you!" he finished, fishing into his pocket. He whipped out what appeared to be a ball of silk, which unfurled itself into a billowing black cape that was large enough to cover his entire body. He tossed it in front of him, obscuring himself with the black cloth for a few seconds. When it fell, Ashton was gone. What stood in his place was a massive rattlesnake, its beady black eyes focused on twin_bro.

"You're mine," it hissed, moving around hypnotically. Then, it barreled toward Brise, its fangs glistening with venom.

(I'll give you time to come up with a role and a name)

Edited by frozen_in_fire