BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

It is the year 2012, the supposed date of the apocalypse when you receive an official letter from Traicao Corporation that reads as followed:

To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to our attention that you have a special gift, very uncommon among the "normal" folk. It is our pleasure to invite you to a "tournament" of sorts, where you will be pitted against many other people with similar and different talents. There will be a gratuitous reward for the winner, and the entire tournament will be broadcasted live throughout the world for people to see.

Fighting, drama, fame, gratuitous rewards....What do you say friend? Do you accept?

Sincerely,

John Diemos

CEO of Traicao Corporation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOST NOTE: You are allowed to make alliances with other players. This means you are a team, and should probably not kill each other. If you would like to make an alliance with another player, PM them asking them, as well as a CC to me so I know who has alliances with who.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You all arrive at the specified location provided in the letter: An abandoned town in the country around New York City.

John Diemos: "Welcome all of you to the Death Games! If you would just step into this conveniently located fighting arena, you can introduce yourselves."

*steps into arena*

Edited by RainThinker

• Answers 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Erm...low? *blinks innocently* I'm not really sure ^^

"CORRECT! TWO! there is no card that could be lower! so lets make it interesting, double or nothing. IF you get this next one right i give you twenty dollars, if you lose you owe me twenty, deal? High or Low if yes."

But...I don't have twenty dollars...*looks up pitifully*

*turns to face Birgit* Oh, I almost never see that, so don't worry about me :3

Edited by Kathleen

"Look girl, it's all for the fun really, that and how can something be lower then two, aces are wild remember? so high or low?"

*facepalms and mumbles something that sounds like "why me?"*

*Giggles and turns away from Birgit back to Kevin* Erm...I don't know...*looks at her own money thoughtfully* I guess...higher...*looks hopefully at the deck*

Kevin flips over the top card and smiles with Triumph, "I am sorry, but you were unlucky and you get automatic failure; you ended up getting another two, which is neither higher or lower, so i win. When you get the chance pay me... but because i feel sorry for ya you only got to pay me five dollars." Kevin then justs sits down playing with his cards.

edit: grammar mistakes

Edited by Riranor

Oh...I was gonna use that to buy food *stomach rumbles loudly* I guess I just won't be eating again tonight...ah well, maybe tomorrow ^^ *skips off*

"If you don't want to pay me why don't you help me? I will even give you that twenty dollars."

Oh and Mr. Kevin sir? *Waves her hands and the sand around him hardens around his feet leaving him immobile* I hope I'll see you here tomorrow to try again ^^ You should know I don't enjoy being bribed :3 I'd much rather meet nicer people...but good luck ^^

OOC:Well it's 2 am here :D I'm off to bed...wish me happy birthday everyone ;D And see you here tomorrow...er...later today xD

<(^-^)>

Edited by Kathleen

Birgit listens to Kevin and wonders if he's forgotten their last conversation. "Whatever" she thinks. "I knew something like this was going to happen sooner or later"

Oh and Mr. Kevin sir? *Waves her hands and the sand around him hardens around his feet leaving him immobile* I hope I'll see you here tomorrow to try again ^^ *Heads off to explore*

Kevin sighs, "kids..." His cards then spin around and stab into his sleeves lifting him out

Edited by Riranor

Oversized Ogre Cooties

I hate being in a different time zone than everyone... I'm asleep when you guys do all the action and stuff..

BIC:

Ashton walked into the room, looking around cautiously. His jet black hair flickered in front of his eyes briefly, obscuring his vision, but he brushed it back and gazed at his surroundings. Many of the people inside the room were fast asleep, slumped against walls or curled up on the floor. "I guess nothing's happening any time soon," he thought to himself, sitting down on the ground.

Klin watched the new man walk in, pretending to be asleep. This new man looked interesting, much unlike the one before him who reminded Klin eerily of death and bones...

Acacia sat on the top of the stadium wall, in an oak tree's shadow. Her legs were a bit stiff from sitting there so long, and she decided that she'll make her presence known. She leapt gracefully down, but ended up landing on a man with jet black hair.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you, my, you blend in with the sand, are you hurt?, oh, please forgive me, I'm so sorry...," Acacia rambled off, while taking in every detail of the stranger.

OOC: I'm only 10 years old in this... so I'm not really a "man"

BIC:

"I'm not hurt," Ashton replied, leaning back and absorbing Acacia's appearance. Her violet-colored hair and rune-patterned skin seemed incredibly strange compared to his seemingly ordinary appearance.

Then, he grinned slightly. His fingers flexed. "I am kinda annoyed, though. Wanna fight?"