BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

A pair of fools went west one day

To try and find what got away

Along their way, trouble they found

A man who hates annoying sounds

There's more to it I'll post later if needed but I think this will be enough. I want to just get this one out there before I go home for the day.

19 answers to this question

a couple on vaction trying to find the love they lost and found that he still hates the sound of her voice...

maybe...

Hahaha, that is an awesome answer! Unfortunately not the one I was looking for though.

:offtopic::help: Yeah, same here, using Firefox 3.5.1 in XP PC - but even when I typed it in it showed up as the text, not a spoiler box, so went back & edited/erased it. The button is still gone. Figured it was either probably just a computer glitch (since that's normally what it is, rather than a bug), but maybe the newest version isn't *quite* compatible in some way. Hopefully it'll get ironed out soon! :)

that depends, are you reading this?

Grrr ... I don't *think* I missed something in the code?? (my husband's the enginerd, not me!)

OK, just so *everyone* doesn't bug our wonderful admins, I did PM rookie about the spoiler thingy. So the 'powers that be' should be aware!

Edited by tiger_lily111

:offtopic::help: Yeah, same here, using Firefox 3.5.1 in XP PC - but even when I typed it in it showed up as the text, not a spoiler box, so went back & edited/erased it. The button is still gone. Figured it was either probably just a computer glitch (since that's normally what it is, rather than a bug), but maybe the newest version isn't *quite* compatible in some way. Hopefully it'll get ironed out soon! :)

Grrr ... I don't *think* I missed something in the code?? (my husband's the enginerd, not me!)

OK, just so *everyone* doesn't bug our wonderful admins, I did PM rookie about the spoiler thingy. So the 'powers that be' should be aware!

I just removed the {='Will it work here?'} and the spoiler works. Not sure why the spoiler title isn't working. I looked at old posts and it certainly looks like you used it exactly as they were. But, if anyone wants to post and use spoilers, you can do it just by typing (ignore the underscore, just using it to keep the text visible)

[_spoiler]enter your hidden text here

That will produce a normal spoiler but you won't be able to have the visible spoiler text.

Wood, sorry to hijack your good riddle. Just figured that everyone will be reading the new posts and there may be some people who won't know how to manually create the spoilers.

You may be on the right track, but you're not quite there.

Is it (gods I hope not)...

One of the 'Harold and Kumar' movies? I don't know if they go west for anything..

Could it be Dumb & Dumber

And a quick off-topic question. Did anyone else lose the spoiler button for replies? I'm using FireFox and lost it on both my Mac and my PC.

Awesome job, that's it. I had more lines to add but felt it gave it away.

Also, no problem with the threadjack. I too have been having problems with the spoilers.

Hey Wood.

Laurel and Hardy......Way Out West?

One of my all time favourites.

I love your answer, but I don't quite remember that one so I don't know how well it fits. Either way, it's not what I was looking for but you are definitely in the ballpark.