__
Yet hardly a crime

To help obfuscate inspection.

Edited by plainglazed

• Answers 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

been staring at this one for awhile now, and the most tangible thing i can come up with is hindsight

at first i was thinking of a writer using a fake name...can't remember the exact word for that, but then i thought there might be some smoke and mirrors in play, and that led me to the id/ego concept, although not sure if it fits all...

now i am thinking either intro- or retrospection, which is leading me to hindsight, and i've come full circle...

gonna sleep on this one and hope i get another crack at it soon... good riddle and good night PG!

Good morning dD. Hope you had a good nights sleep and are fully rested and ready to riddle. Hope you get another shot at this one as your thoughts above are good ones but not the answer.

The word you want is pseudonym. Seems to fit, I don't know

There are so many things that could fit the second verse (from frauds to silence to bad memory), but the first verse loses me...

When you say "end up the same as is pleasin'" do you mean "end up in an abbreviated form"? You probably only did it for the rhyming scheme. Does it just mean "end up pleasin'"? (I wonder if either of these could be answered without resulting in a big hint) "He's not ONLY the first, but ALSO the same..." or was there somebody tied with him in first? (this reminds me of a time I couldn't do a math problem because I couldn't figure out what the question was asking for - I thought it was a different sentence structure than it really was - and I was the only one to do the mistake. Oh, and the funny part was I was the only white boy among a bunch of Asians half of whom English is a second language. Heh)

Best guess so far: excuses. Poor excuses are common, they can have reason or none, next three lines I can't make sense of with anything, then the last five make sense also.

Mute? Sarcasm?

To steal a guess to my Prices riddle, synonyms or homonyms?

I think I already guessed "anonymity" but I'll guess it again.

Hm... maybe cough or sneeze? Fits the title, and you might cough or sneeze to cover up an emotion, a facial expression. Or the mocking *cough* insult! *cough*.

Instinct? Tint?

Shady? Physical shade fits second verse, devious shadiness might fit first.

Metaphor/simile?

Rhetoric or figure of speech?

Follower?

Excellent ramble Lordbeans. No, seriously. Your right about the second verse and so many things being able to fit (there is one little tricky non-POW part that is more specific and of course I would say my answer will fit this verse best. Oh brother, have already said this is a straightforward WAI-no POWs, seriously). I think that verse will be more for corroberation so continue concentrating on the first. The last line of which you have almost totally parsed. The abbrevialted form of pleasing is just for the rhyme in this case. Back to the second verse though, when I say "You" MrsP picked up on something in her post #65. Your guesses by the way, none are it. Getting there tho...

Oh, and please, the title is irrelavent. Sorry.

Corroboration?

Think you are working off of the MrsP pick-up in post #65 I referrred to above. Very good guess but not it.

Edited by plainglazed

I tried to post a guess before, but then I got kicked off and couldn't get back on for thirty minutes! Ahh, well, Good morning!

an ANSWER...like the one to this fabulous riddle of yours??

Not it but not far off...

When did we come back on line?

Hmm...Ok.

Oh was there a problem for a while? I posted my comment as soon as I was able to get on. So around 9:30 (my time - don't know yours)

I'm Lord Beans, and he's me. Was just keeping it semi-secret until I got unblocked from the forum (I was blocked for having links in my sig)

Diversion?

Verse, check, Pleasin, check, easily detected way of avoiding inspection, check!

I'm Lord Beans, and he's me. Was just keeping it semi-secret until I got unblocked from the forum (I was blocked for having links in my sig)

Diversion?

Verse, check, Pleasin, check, easily detected way of avoiding inspection, check!

I can see where a lot of the riddle fits your answer, check. Not only the first ___ ? __ and some of the rest would be a stretch. The easy (correct) answer fits easily, check.

Edit: Good to know about the links in signatures. Would have thought you would just be asked to remove them. Yikes.

Edited by plainglazed

Probably not...

Explanation?

:offtopic: By the way, I said good morning 2 posts ago and didn't get one in return :dry:;) Guess it's almost afternoon though now..

Was going to leave a sarcastic comment about you ignoring my comment, but then realized you were over solving my riddle. So that wouldn't be too nice ;) Thought you may have missed it though if we were posting at the same time.

Edit: Now I see we weren't posting at the same time, maybe I was being ignored -_- Sorry I am over posting now, being quite annoying, I'm sure.

Edited by MrsP

I can see where a lot of the riddle fits your answer, check. Not only the first ___ ? __ and some of the rest would be a stretch. The easy (correct) answer fits easily, check.

Edit: Good to know about the links in signatures. Would have thought you would just be asked to remove them. Yikes.

They (whoever they is... cue evil music) just removed it the first time, but as you can see in my sig, I misunderstood them the first time.

Aversion? lol

Maybe sucking up... flatter?

Cheater?

Which do you think will be solved first, this one, or my Doctor Eye? I'd also include MrsP's Come So Far, but you nailed that one =P

Edited by DarthNoob

Was going to leave a sarcastic comment about you ignoring my comment, but then realized you were over solving my riddle. So that wouldn't be too nice ;) Thought you may have missed it though if we were posting at the same time.

Edit: Now I see we weren't posting at the same time, maybe I was being ignored -_- Sorry I am over posting now, being quite annoying, I'm sure.

After all that, was there a guess in there somewhere? Oh, I see it now, not that, sorry. Realized I missed your salutation so was waiting for um, yeah, the afternoon to come around, unha.

They (whoever they is... cue evil music) just removed it the first time, but as you can see in my sig, I misunderstood them the first time.

Aversion? lol

Maybe sucking up... flatter?

Cheater?

Which do you think will be solved first, this one, or my Doctor Eye? I'd also include MrsP's Come So Far, but you nailed that one =P

nope, sorry. am headed over to Dr Eye for a guess. still dont have it tho, just fishing.

Hey PG. Here goes another insane one.....

The letter X ? or Letter/Number 0 ?

Was about to throw in a quick response but then thought I better check against the riddle. Still cant locate those guesses. Not it.

Was so sure y'all were honing in and all that boasting on my part has started to get me worried. Am thinking of something I can say as a hint without too much exposition. May go back and compile relavent comments I've made and add clarification. Thank you for your patience. Got to still think you will not be disappointed.