BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ender's Game Mafia

Or the third option, which is a goodie like Peter or Graff that didn't want to die on day 1. However, like I said, there's really no reason that the baddies wouldn't have used their manipulation last night.

exactly. If the baddies used their manipulation, then all they could have done was save Eeep and create a tie, or just make certain of his death (bearing in mind the baddies dont know how many other manipulations there were). Since they didnt kill him off, I think it would be a safe assumption that he may well be a baddie

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or the third option, which is a goodie like Peter or Graff that didn't want to die on day 1. However, like I said, there's really no reason that the baddies wouldn't have used their manipulation last night.

exactly. If the baddies used their manipulation, then all they could have done was save Eeep and create a tie, or just make certain of his death (bearing in mind the baddies dont know how many other manipulations there were). Since they didnt kill him off, I think it would be a safe assumption that he may well be a baddie

I think I agree with both of you...

But it's just a possibility, hopefully we're right though.

yes you both could be right. They did do a good job of confusing all of us.

Good that none of our team died (goodies) by random lynch vote. Its been a long

day/weekend and I am sure all of us are in the game to play NOW..right? :thumbsup:

Welcome Underground Dan.

The more I think of it..I doubt that the baddies saved Eeeep. I would guess

one of us did it. If the baddies saved Eeep it would look so bad. I think they

are trying to frame him.

And I am very glad we didnt end up lynching an innocent. Seems we do a lot of that...

But since we are all seasoned players here I am not making any assumptions.

I think there are calculated mistakes being posted.

LIS I havent stopped and I am still suspicious and a bit paranoid too. Hope your trip was fun. And the long travel; to get there and back was bearable.

But I am very suspicious of lime and Eeeep since they were in the middle of the whole bruhaha.

LIS I havent stopped and I am still suspicious and a bit paranoid too. Hope your trip was fun. And the long travel; to get there and back was bearable.

But I am very suspicious of lime and Eeeep since they were in the middle of the whole bruhaha.

Eeep is keeping low,, maybe had a save in hand and was not worried, ow was Queen and would not sacrifice, they could have manipulated but failed? or saved Eeep - no conclusion there.

So far I only have GC as not kidnapping as he was blocked. And can't figure out if kidnappers can kidnap each other? That would be so funny as a host biggrin.gif

Trip was to UK we go back 19th - lots of people to catch up with here.

It's 00:20 here goodnight folks

edit quick thought - lets kidnap Eeep - maybe we discover somthing?

Edited by Lost in space

Argh why does the power have to cut out just as I'm finishing my post!!

Anyway, woop I get to join in and hi everyone. There's not been too much to read (a bit of off topic posting going on!)

We haven't learnt too much but at least no goodies have been killed although there is the 9/13 chance that someone good has the deadly swine flu descolada virus.

Looking a yesterday's lynch there are numerous ways a tie could have played out and while suspicion of Eeeep is hightened he is by no means definitely bad. This is giving the Ender very little to go on tonight and as has been mentioned with drone#1 (Spy) alive a now nightly RID kill can be carried out by the Hive Queen (as long as the spy the previous night was successful). So although us goodies have got off to a non fatal start things will heat up from here on in.

Argh why does the power have to cut out just as I'm finishing my post!!

Anyway, woop I get to join in and hi everyone. There's not been too much to read (a bit of off topic posting going on!)

We haven't learnt too much but at least no goodies have been killed although there is the 9/13 chance that someone good has the deadly swine flu descolada virus.

Looking a yesterday's lynch there are numerous ways a tie could have played out and while suspicion of Eeeep is hightened he is by no means definitely bad. This is giving the Ender very little to go on tonight and as has been mentioned with drone#1 (Spy) alive a now nightly RID kill can be carried out by the Hive Queen (as long as the spy the previous night was successful). So although us goodies have got off to a non fatal start things will heat up from here on in.

Ha Dan, thats the bird flu no swine flu no mad cow disease whats next? Lamb cough?

Ok on topic...I hope we all remember that there are members here who are on the other side of the globe, so they dont post when at least half of us do. So we didnt kill an innocent :thumbsup: But tonight I feel one of us is going down. I just have a hard time believing that the buggers would pass up a kill 2 nights in a row. This is night 3 right SD?

wow night 3 already?

Ok, I've been looking at the votes and playing out all the possibly outcomes... and there are millions!

Looks like tonight will be interesting..

Ladies and Gents - this is Night 2. We just finished Day 1 without a Lynch. Unless this is leap year of some sort? Space-time paradox?

Night 2 will end at 1pm EST tmw. Get those PMs in guys. I am really liking the pace and level of participation so far, keep it up! Only need a handful of PMs before I can write the NIGHT 2 post :)

Ok OK its night 2 if you say so. The whole weekend/BD site going down has messed with my inner clock.

Or it could be the holiday...Or it could be a space time paradox...sorry.

But I want to say something relevant and not be totally off topic.

I can say that I am perplexed as to a post earlier in the game...oh yea..

Why was Lime voting for GCs when it is rather positive he is an innocent?

Maybe the Queen changed a vote to Limey not thinking others would pile on and trying to make him look innocent? Or hoping others would, to save Eeep. Ahh this gets us nowhere. >_> Mafia paranoia kicking in..

Going to send my Night 2 action now..

Yeah I thought that as well Izzy. Paranoia is running rampant.

What couldve happened?? I hope the next few posts get us somewhere..

anywhere...time to stop and go to bed...

I dont think anymore conversation is gonna do me a lick of good.

I have done what I can and now have to wait and see how the dice

were rolled.

Maybe the Queen changed a vote to Limey not thinking others would pile on and trying to make him look innocent? Or hoping others would, to save Eeep. Ahh this gets us nowhere. >_> Mafia paranoia kicking in..

Going to send my Night 2 action now..

I missed something - the Queen has the ability to alter votes?

Anyway, lets not pester GC, main thing is he is not the virus either, unfortunately it is also revealed what he is not - I'm not sure Ender has a clear target?

There is likey to be a RID tonight unless the spy role was blocked or diverted - then there RID is wrong *cross fingers*, and it can't be blocked, I guess a kidnap won't help that either.

Best we can do is divert the RID?? needs a lucky guess

I have an innocent list but not a suspect list - apart from everyone :D

And U/Dan - there aint that much to read - so far you are the nearest to a suspicion but I'll admit that's pretty weak.

So do we loose two tonight - one RID one virus, actually the virus has to RID tonight

SD, if the virus was successful and not blocked N1, then uses it tonight. Does it still need to RID? I took every other night to be event Nights

LIS - you are correct. Odd nights, the Virus can infect at will. Even nights, the Virus can only infect via RID. However, once infected, the Virus can kill a player whenever it uses that player's ability. (The RID is irrelevant at that point because once infected, the Virus learns that character's ability anyway).

Oh, and if the Queen is kidnapped her RID will fail. No one can act if kidnapped.

Edit: Let me clarify. I don't tell RID characters whether or not their RID was correct. They must wait until the Night Post to find out. Therefore, when the Night Post comes, the Queen or Virus will see that they have been kidnapped and not know whether or not their guess was correct, since the targeted player will not be successfully attacked..

Edited by Social_Darwin

LIS the drone #3 can alter a vote via manipulation.

Drone #3 - Vote Manipulation (Can change another player’s vote by PM’ing host. Vote change will not be posted.)

And the queen manipulates the Drones.....so yes is your answer.

~Night 2: Under a Grey Moon~

Izzy hadn’t been sleeping well lately, not that she slept much to begin with, but the last few days had grown increasingly worse. She was having strange and terrible dreams which caused her to sleepwalk and wake up in strange new places. Tonight, Izzy woke to find herself on the dark and arid surface of an unknown planet. Before she could even get her wits about her, Izzy heard a buzzing voice deep in her head. The voice beckoned her to follow it. Without knowing where she was going, Izzy began to walk away from where her small spaceship had landed into the darkness.

After narrowly escaping the Day 1 Lynch, Eeeeep was in the null-gravity training room blowing off some steam. On this particular day, Eeeeep was working on rapid-course-redirection, which basically involves calculated launches and rebounds from wall to wall, making one’s self an incredibly difficult target to hit. After a few minutes of exercising, the training room door opened and in floated Ender himself.

Grey Cells was in his private quarters watching the Interstellar Cricket Championship between Earth and Saturn, enjoying a cup of Earth’s finest tea. Putting the hot mug back on the table, Grey Cells suddenly became overwhelmingly faint. He started seeing spots and sweating profusely. Reaching wearily for the communicator on his wall, Grey Cells managed to hit the Medic/Panic button before the spinning room went black and he lost consciousness.

Carn Carby stalked the halls, looking for his target and found him in the mess hall. “Limey,” Carn yelled when finally spotting him, “I’ve been looking for you! You may have escaped the Day 1 Lynch unharmed, but I don’t trust you one bit. Come here!” Carn grabbed Limey roughly by the arm, forcefully sat him down on the table bench, and didn’t leave his side the rest of the night, preventing Limey from acting.

The voice in Izzy’s head grew louder and more forceful as she neared a dark and cavernous opening in the planet’s surface. “Come to me” the voice demanded. Without blinking, Izzy began her descent down the maze like halls of the Hive Queen’s colony. Before long, Izzy found herself in the Queen’s chamber, face to face with the massive Bugger Queen. The Queen’s giant ant-like body shimmered like Onyx in the darkness, barely visible but brilliant black. Her large wings reflected the dim light like oil streaks across a puddle. It was while staring at this monstrous, glimmering shadow that Izzy finally came to. “Holy…” was the only word to escape her lips as the Queen’s massive forelegs pierced Izzy’s torso, splitting her fragile human body in two.

Not far from the Queen’s colony, and totally unaware of its location, Underground Dan was working on the surface of the same planet. Hearing a soft and muffled cry of pain, Dan set out to discover its source when he was suddenly confronted by one of the Queen’s drones. Without saying a word, the Drone made very clear that Underground Dan should mind his own business and was better off tending to his work tonight. Underground Dan couldn’t agree more.

“Ender,” Eeeeep said with a hint of surprise in his voice, “How nice of you to join me. Do you have any tips on how to improve my rapid-course-correction tactics?” Ender stared coldly at Eeeeep for a moment before saying, “Show me what you can do.” Excited for the opportunity to work with THE Ender, Eeeeep didn’t hesitate a second before lunging off a wall, rebounding, and thrusting himself back into the middle of the room. While Eeeeep was occupied with calculating his trajectory and picking a landing spot, Ender calmly raised his laser-pistol, charged to a lethal capacity, took careful aim at Eeeeep, and fired. The laser flew silently through null-gravity, finding its mark perfectly in Eeeeep’s chest. Eeeeep’s limp body continued its course across the room, thudding violently against a wall before coming to rest near the ceiling of the training room. Eeeeep’s open eyes and blank stare empty as space itself.

Back in his room, Grey Cells awoke to the sound of medical officers chatting quietly and scanning him with their wands. “Grey Cells” the chief officer said, “You are a very lucky man, my friend.” It looks like you caught the Descolada Virus but for whatever reason, the Virus was unable to decode your DNA genome and infect you. It may have made you sick for a bit, but the Virus has left your body no worse for wear. You’ll be fine.” “You mean it wasn’t able to ID my genetic code?” asked Grey Cells. “That’s right,” said Petra, entering through the doorway. “But had it succeeded, you’re lucky I was here as well.”

Grey Cells got out of bed, thankful that he had survived his encounter with the Descolada Virus, and was determined to carry out his Night action. “Not so fast” barked Col. Graff, coming around the corner. “I heard about your little condition and you are not going anywhere! I hereby place you under medical quarantine for 12 hours. You will be free to leave your room tomorrow morning. Guards, block Grey Cells from leaving this room tonight, I don’t want him acting.”

Roster

1. Kat

2. Crazypainter

3. Jarze

4. Reaymond

5. Someguy

6. Lost in space

7. Izzy – Killed by Hive Queen

8. Grey Cells

9. Clozobozo

10. Limey

11. Magic_luver

12. Underground_Dan

13. Eeeeep – Killed by Ender

14. Randro

Edit: Day 2 has begun. Day 2 will end 12pm (noon) EST tmw. Let the Voting begin!

Edited by Social_Darwin

Just a hunch and to get things started...

Roster

1. Kat

2. Crazypainter

3. Jarze - Voting for LIS

4. Reaymond

5. Someguy

6. Lost in space

8. Grey Cells

9. Clozobozo

10. Limey

11. Magic_luver

12. Underground_Dan

14. Randro

Wow Ender, are you sure you should have acted? I mean Eeeep was down for suspicion but really...what if they were good? :huh:

<(^-^)>

Yeah, you're right... I'm not sure if the Ender should have acted.

Unless he knew something we don't :unsure: Remember that there are secret abilities here...

I think Eeeep didn't even try to defend himself though, so we can't be sure.

Roster

1. Kat

2. Crazypainter

3. Jarze - Voting for LIS

4. Reaymond

5. Someguy

6. Lost in space Limey

8. Grey Cells

9. Clozobozo

10. Limey

11. Magic_luver

12. Underground_Dan

14. Randro

likely to make dan desperate, not on my trust list

Izzie was not a threat - no one kidnapped - her role or Eeeep maybe.

Ender WTH, hope you had a reason! hope it was the virus person

I'm still confused over the virus - he maybe gone *crosses fingers*

I have no clue (practically) and no hunch (almost), want to hear from the lime that's all,

Lime is not Ender (I think I know who is).

May get back later rather than sooner!

Oh and JZ - I definitely did not want Izzie dead, I definitely would not vote if I didn't have to - we still can't reveal in this game :( making the game double hard :((

One of the two was a kidnapper - my bet was Izzie!

Oh and JZ - I definitely did not want Izzie dead, I definitely would not vote if I didn't have to - we still can't reveal in this game :( making the game double hard :( (

One of the two was a kidnapper - my bet was Izzie!

If I had to guess who the kidnapper was from Izzy and Eeeep I would say Izzy, but I can't be sure.

About the Ender, I have him narrowed to 2 people... Hope I'm right about this!

Well, that was an interesting development. I think I agree with you, JarZe, that Izzy was more likely to be the kidnapper, just because I feel like Izzy's been more active. Either way, though, I hope that Ender made a good decision, though I kind of doubt it. It just seems like it's too early.

On the topic of too early, I don't think I have enough information to start putting pressure on people, and with up to 2 RID's out there (though admittedly only one tonight), I am not certain if it's wise to put too much pressure on people to reveal their roles, without more than a "hunch" to go on, and hunches are all I've got.