BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Hivemind

unreality

Question

Hivemind

"and ye shall know the collective power of the Group..."

Hivemind is a game I invented that deals with themes of deception, sociology, psychology, statistics and trust. I'm starting this game elsewhere as well, (feel free to join both) and am going to see how the different games pan out.

The game works in the following stages:

1) Signup: for the first game I want 10 players, that seems like a good number.

2) Selection: each player, WITHOUT ANY DELIBERATION WHATSOEVER WITH ANY POTENTIAL PLAYERS, will PM the host (me) with their "team choice". There are two teams, A and B. Each player can choose to go on either team, and the decision is not shared or discussed with anyone during this stage.

3) Gameplay: As soon as everyone has PMed me their team choice, I announce in this topic that the game has begun! From that point on, the goal of the game is for each team to discover itself and the enemy. Players can PM other players (please CC all PMs to the host [me] so I have a grasp on what's going on, even though you don't strictly have to) with the intent of discovering their team... but how truthful is the PMer? And how truthful is the responder? Like I said, it's a game of deception and trust.

Players can also post as much as they want on this public thread, but of course everyone can see it.

A team wins when one of its players PMs me with a complete list of who is on A and who is on B. If the list is incorrect in any way, the player "dies" (is kicked out of the game and can no longer send or receive game-related PMs or help out his team or hurt the other team) and everyone learns what team he was on.

If the player is correct, then his team wins, and the other team loses :)

~~~

Signups:

~~~

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

I'm shooting for 6-10 players depending on how signups go

• Answers 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1) GMaster479

2) Kat

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Just to confuse myself even more, I'll join both ;D

<(^-^)>

Edit: Not teams ;D Had to clarify that to the non Incog 2 people :D

Edited by Kathleen

1) GMaster479

2) Kat

3)Magic_luver

4)underground_dan

5) crazypainter

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

um, ever feel like you have no life??? outside...

well lets PLEASE remember this is fourth of july w/e coming up...

I will probbably be anilated in the first day but oh well.

1) GMaster479

2) Kat

3)Magic_luver

4)underground_dan

5) crazypainter

6) randro

7)

8)

9)

10)

thanks for joining everyone :D We have the minimum, I'll wait more to see if we get all 10 spots filled. Anywhere in 6-10 range is probably fine

And randro, you mean real-life days I assume - this is not mafia. There are no stages, no days or nights or posts by the host. Once the game begins, it's one fluid period

thanks for joining everyone :D We have the minimum, I'll wait more to see if we get all 10 spots filled. Anywhere in 6-10 range is probably fine

And randro, you mean real-life days I assume - this is not mafia. There are no stages, no days or nights or posts by the host. Once the game begins, it's one fluid period

yeah i ment 1 real life day :D

With a roster like this, how can I pass this up?

1) GMaster479

2) Kat

3)Magic_luver

4)underground_dan

5) crazypainter

6) randro

7) Izzy

8) Social Darwin

9)

10)

:P

er, moving on...

If you guys want, 8 should be a great number to play with... I have some stuff to take care of in a few minutes, so I'll leave the signups til I get back, then I'll start the game ;D

So during that time feel free to PM me your team (A or B) to speed the process up. REMEMBER NO DELIBERATION WITH OTHER PLAYERS ABOUT TEAM CHOICE, NOT YET! The only difference between me just randomly picking teams is to give you a portion of control & fairness

anyway, so yeah, PM me those teams :)

well what I had to do was quicker than I thought :D

* HIVEMIND *

1) GMaster479

2) Kat

3) Magic_luver

4) underground_dan

5) crazypainter

6) randro

7) Izzy

8) Social Darwin

9)

10)

So, everyone should PM me the team they want to be on (A or B), remember it's a private choice. In the meantime, we'll leave the other two spots open and see if they get filled, but it's not critical that they do

let stage 2, Selection, begin! :P

lol this is has been hilarious in its unfolding... lots of PMs going around... get in on the action if you're not... remember that everything is a balance of trust and deception... how well can you trust someone else when mutual honesty gives mutual furthering? The twist is that the info being honest or not is related to the furthering AND future honesty. So it's a complex sociopsychological/gametheory dilemma and rather hilarious for me to watch :lol: