BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ocean 11 Mafia

I hate bandwagon voting on Day 1. But GC came right out with his role to "out" SG? This leads me to think two things:

1. The most obvious thing is GC is telling the truth, outted himself early hoping for protection later, in order to Lynch a baddie on Day 1.

2. GC is a smart player and I've seen this tactic before: A baddie outs himself as a goodie in order to Lynch a goodie. For example, GC is a baddie and says "I'm the dolphin or octopus". One of those real characters stands up to refute his claim and in doing so outs himself for the baddies to kill. In addition, if a majority of players still believe the baddie, they will lynch a goodie as well. Its a double-win scenario for the baddies. They know a goodie role and lynch a goodie role in one big swoop.

So, either GC or SG is a baddie. Decisions decisions... Too early for me to pull the trigger on either, and since there is still plenty of time, I want to hear from other players. As the time for lynching nears, I will consider changing my vote to one of the two above with a 65/35 lean towards SG. I just don't know yet about you GC. Bold play for Day 1...

I too didn't want to bandwagon at the start, but seeing that if we lose one of the goodies we might lose the edge, I thought we should play it safe.

Good thinking SD! As you have said the first case is more likely. As for the second case, I think it is highly unlikely as of now. Agreed it is a shorter version of the game and this gamble could be more effective here. But if I were a baddie I would not risk this tactic so early in the game. Maybe on day 2(when 2 or 3 goodies have been killed) or if I am about to be lynched on day 1. As it is I have been voting from the beginning for SG. That should almost rule out case #2 I think.

Limey, just found out a few days ago you're Kat's little brother. Cool. Did you have anything to do with her untimely death?!

P.S. Kat, the new Eternal Night 1 Target?

And nice work Seahorse on helping CP - talk about a lucky break!

Good point! Limey could be involved. He first voted for SG and then as soon as SG said he was good, he changed it. Looked like something prearranged. And so did Derrai!

Ah! I missed that. So CP was poisoned by Stingray and detoxified by Seahorse. I thought they were 2 different parts.

EDIT: Typo

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC - good eye on the voting changes. Those two did change their votes kinda quick. I'm not pointing fingers just yet, but Derrai and Limey are on my radar for potential baddies. Since it's only Day 1, I'm not sure what you mean by "voting for SG from the beginning" as a means to rule out option #2. It's still a very real possibility, though it is one that's less likely. We'll see. Right now my vote stays with Limey til we hear more.

And yes, I think I read that right. CP was targeted by the Stingray and detoxed by the Seahorse.

Edit: syntax

Edited by Social_Darwin

Since it's only Day 1, I'm not sure what you mean by "voting for SG from the beginning" as a means to rule out option #2. It's still a very real possibility. Though one that is losing momentum. We'll see. Right now my vote stays with Limey til we hear more.

And yes, I think I read that right. CP was targeted by the Stingray and detoxed by the Seahorse.

Well, if I were a baddie I would not vote for a goodie right away and also stress he's 100% baddie. That is, I would not go to such extreme measures to lynch a goodie when I can just lie low. I would have resorted to such desperate measures only if I had to. Anyways at the end of the day I will be cleared.

And I thought Kat should not have been killed on the first night by the baddies, for the baddies' benefit, since she is always a potential candidate for the lynch on day 1. SG would have known that, so maybe they took that move to frame Limey? Just a possibility as I know SG would not have agreed to killing Kat without a reason.

I hate bandwagon voting on Day 1. But GC came right out with his role to "out" SG? This leads me to think two things:

1. The most obvious thing is GC is telling the truth, outted himself early hoping for protection later, in order to Lynch a baddie on Day 1.

2. GC is a smart player and I've seen this tactic before: A baddie outs himself as a goodie in order to Lynch a goodie. For example, GC is a baddie and says "I'm the dolphin or octopus". One of those real characters stands up to refute his claim and in doing so outs himself for the baddies to kill. In addition, if a majority of players still believe the baddie, they will lynch a goodie as well. Its a double-win scenario for the baddies. They know a goodie role and lynch a goodie role in one big swoop.

So, either GC or SG is a baddie. Decisions decisions... Too early for me to pull the trigger on either, and since there is still plenty of time, I want to hear from other players. As the time for lynching nears, I will consider changing my vote to one of the two above with a 65/35 lean towards SG. I just don't know yet about you GC. Bold play for Day 1...

Host: Woon (the seagull)

1. Clozo

2. Limey - voting for SG

3. Gmaster479

4. SG - voting for Derrai

5. Kat – killed by Shark

6. Social Darwin - Limey

7. Abhisk

8. Crazypainter

9. Derrai - voting for SG

10. GC - voting for SG

11. Marioman9 - voting for SG

Limey, just found out a few days ago you're Kat's little brother. Cool. Did you have anything to do with her untimely death?!

P.S. Kat, the new Eternal Night 1 Target?

And nice work Seahorse on helping CP - talk about a lucky break!

Nope I have no clue and no I'm not the shark nor a baddie i'm 100% innocent :)

I'm not sure between SD and SG, so I will put a placeholder. I'm leaning more to SG, but I'm not sure how GC knows SG is bad. I'll vote to get someone talking.

1. Clozo

2. Limey - voting for SG

3. Gmaster479

5. Kat – killed by Shark

6. Social Darwin - Limey

7. Abhisk voting for Clozo

8. Crazypainter

10. GC - voting for SG

1. Clozo

2. Limey - voting for SG

3. Gmaster479

5. Kat – killed by Shark

6. Social Darwin - voting for Limey

8. Crazypainter

10. GC - voting for SG

Edit: Fixed color

Edited by Social_Darwin

Check my reply:

A few simple questions, woon:

1. If Shark dies, can the baddies kill every night?

Don't forget, they still have stingray, only thing that the killing is lagging by 1 day

2. If the Octopus does actions like Seahorse's action, the action will be shown as done by the Octopus in the night post, right?

yes

3. Technically, the Jelly Fish cannot target himself, right? Then he would not be able to act.

I've check back my rules, unfortunately I didn't mention can or cannot, so technically I will accept if he/she want to do so.

1. Clozo

2. Limey - voting for SG

3. Gmaster479

5. Kat – killed by Shark

8. Crazypainter voting for SG

10. GC - voting for SG

Yes! I am a very LUCKY camper!! Thank you seahorse! Kisses!

day 1 vote sucks sorry SG.

Sorry, the evidence pointed towards SG, so I hopped right onto that bandwagon because my vote for Limey was a placeholder. Once evidence came out, I would change my vote, I thought I would be understood.

((I won't be on until mid-tomorrow,but I'll still be on here for a little bit.))

And who was targeted by the Sting Ray last night? If you come out, you will be cleared from being a baddie and Seahorse can protect you tonight.

And Kat, looks like you are becoming more goodier? Sorry to see you die though.

Clarify: Stingray's target will not aware he/she was poisoned unless so happen seahorse cure him/her in either on the night or the coming night, like what happened to CP in night 1.

1. Clozo

2. Limey - voting for SG

3. Gmaster479 - SG

5. Kat – killed by Shark

10. GC - voting for SG

Sorry SG. I'm trusting GC on this one

1. Clozo

2. Limey - voting for SG

3. Gmaster479 - SG

5. Kat – killed by Shark

6. Social Darwin - voting for SG

10. GC - voting for SG

So much for getting info out of anyone else. GC, this will make or break you... Hope you're right.

well since we all seem to be trusting GC's on this one, we get a bonus if it turns out SG was good. GCs is probably bad. Ack but now I realize this could all be part of a larger ingenious plan.

may be the wine in my system but, I have read the thread again and dont really see any proof as to why SG is bad. I can see why he is being voted for when you see who voted when and why. So either he is bad or getting royally framed. Good going players, so far...

CP - I'm inclined to agree. I've wanted to pressure more players into defending themselves, but my efforts have been in vain. As the old adage goes, if you can't beat em, join em.

Check my reply:

A few simple questions, woon:

1. If Shark dies, can the baddies kill every night?

Don't forget, they still have stingray, only thing that the killing is lagging by 1 day

2. If the Octopus does actions like Seahorse's action, the action will be shown as done by the Octopus in the night post, right?

yes

3. Technically, the Jelly Fish cannot target himself, right? Then he would not be able to act.

I've check back my rules, unfortunately I didn't mention can or cannot, so technically I will accept if he/she want to do so.

Thanks woon! I wish I hadn't asked about #3. :P

1. Clozo - voting for SG

2. Limey - voting for SG

3. Gmaster479 - SG

5. Kat – killed by Shark

6. Social Darwin - voting for SG

10. GC - voting for SG

Well, we will be finding a baddie out of this no matter what the outcome is of this....

Lucky break indead CP!

Ocean 11 - Day 1

Seagull landed at the beach where all the 10 residents gathered. The moment he landed, he turned to a human being, named woon and walked to the crowd.

"Kat was killed! We must find the baddies!" woon noticed SG's both hands are tied with rope. He then faced the crowd and asked: "Decided?"

"Yes! Majority!"

"Ok, lets go!" woon lead the way to the Spring of Truth. The pond with the spring water was crystal clear and reflected anything stay above the water.

"Let's throw him in! We should seek revenge for Kat!"

"It's not me! I am a good…." SG was thrown into the spring water pond before he could finish his sentence.

The water became calm after a while. Everyone kept quiet and hold their breath to see the outcome. GC could not stand and went closer to the pond to see the result.

Suddenly, a triangle shape object swam above the surface of the water in a very high speed, approaching GC and then…. a pair of jaws opened widely intended to attack GC!

"Shark!" some residents quickly pulled GC backwards, just few inches away from where the shark attacked. The big fierce creature was struggling to stay on the land but somehow there was some forces from the pond kept pulling its tail downwards. Finally the shark sank and disappeared in the pond.

1. Clozo

2. Limey

3. Gmaster479

4. SG – dead lynched, found to be Shark

5. Kat – killed by Shark

6. Social Darwin

7. Abhisk

8. Crazypainter

9. Derrai

10. GC

11. Marioman9

Night 2 starts! Send in your PM.

So true woon! Kat, we have avenged your death.

Okay, that went well! Better than expected. We got the Shark, which means nobody dies tonight. The bad thing is we still don't have a definite target for the Swordfish/Octopus. Out of the remaining 9 players, I am the only one who can be completely cleared. I initially thought SD and CP were goodies for sure. But after woon's clarifications, I am not so sure.

But I was also hoping SG would either be the Jelly fish or Stingray. Because I wanted to make sure that either SD or CP was definitely a goodie. SD can only be the Jellyfish and CP can be the Jelly fish or Stingray! The reasons being, the Jelly Fish can target themselves. And the baddies could have planned to stingray CP(one of the baddies?) and make her announce later on day 1 that she was poisoned. But fortunately or unfortunately Seahorse saved CP and the baddies' plan didn't work that well. But it still worked. Or there might be another perfectly reasonable explanation which is much more possible.

Anyway just some possibilities, which should be checked out.

EDIT: typo