BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

tiger_lily111

Question

19 answers to this question

According to Gregory, I'm 177 this year.

In my time, the Pied Piper performed his deed,

(I'm certain John and Paul wept)

Richard III was crowned, and the UN was formed.

How can this be? :huh: Tell me please!

it's the month of october!

When I started typing this I didn't know the answer, but it popped right out at me. All that research for an obvious answer.

Richard III was crowned on 6 July 1483.

The UN officially came into existence on 24 October 1945.

For the Pied Piper I found the dates June 20th, 1484 or July 26, 1284 with the July account supported by more evidence.

The Gregorian calender is 177 years old.

The answer is a calender.

When I started typing this I didn't know the answer, but it popped right out at me. All that research for an obvious answer.

For the Pied Piper I found the dates June 20th, 1484 or July 26, 1284 with the July account supported by more evidence.

I've decided to take back my guess...........you can't beat spamwolf's logic.......

it's the month of october!

I'm afraid not, but close in a way!

statue? or building?

Nope, not at all!

While I certainly admit my source isn't infallible, I have different dates than you do.[spoiler= :o ](That's a clue!) ;)

but i'm going to take another guess....

all of this happened in the first millenium (before year 2000).....?

They may have all been before 2000,

in the 2nd millenium! We're now in the 3rd ... kinda like there's no year 0

PS to all -> I certainly allow "cheating" on this one, actually I should probably encourage it because I didn't know most of these things! ;):D

Edited by tiger_lily111

that maybe you were inspired by a gadget of some kind so did a little search and...

the UN charter was signed on June 26, so maybe some of the others were too. my guess is "today in history" (or June 26).

Edit: At first didnt have that first spoiler since you said to cheat but reconsidered.

Edited by plainglazed

Edit: At first didnt have that first spoiler since you said to cheat but reconsidered.

that maybe you were inspired by a gadget of some kind so did a little search and...
the UN charter was signed on June 26, so maybe some of the others were too. my guess is "today in history" (or June 26).

Yes indeed, PG! :D:lol:

June 26

According to Gregory, I'm 177 this year. 177th day in Gregorian calendar

In my time, the Pied Piper performed his deed, 1284

(I'm certain John and Paul wept) Sts. John & Paul, martyred on this day, year unknown (~360 AD)

Richard III was crowned, and the UN was formed. 1483; 1945 UN Charter signed

Drat, THIS is why I don't do html ... I always forget to close out something!! :P Oh well! :rolleyes:

Edited by tiger_lily111

While I certainly admit my source isn't infallible, I have different dates than you do.

Richard III took the throne on June 26. He was crowned on July 6. You stated, "Richard III was crowned"

The United Nations Charter was drafted on 26 June 1945. It was not ratified until 24 October 1945 so your wording, "the UN was formed" works quite well for the 26th.

Quite a few dates are tossed around for the Pied Piper, so it's quite ambiguous.

The Feast of Saints Peter and Paul is held on June 29 by the Julian Calendar but July 12 by the Gregorian Calendar. This date is either the anniversary of their death or of the translation of their relics. I was unable to find any evidence for the 26th.

June 26th is most definitely the 177th day in Gregorian calendar