Question

• Answers 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

From your own devices which

...create us why PRODUCED BY MACHINES/MOVEMENT

Stick together what's the hitch

...don't reply CLINGS AND RIDES UP (UNBEKNOWN)

Sense of humor, life's a stitch

...oh so dry MAKES CLOTHING LOOK FUNNY.

Even as it can twitch

...calm is nigh SPARKING/DISCHARGE (nigh - nylon?)

Prevention might make you itch

...what am I WEAR HEAVIER CLOTHES

I accept this answer as correct. Excellent deduction Wilson! Dont know if you are an expat or not but there is a more specific term common stateside. And for those who know me, I have always included a little play on words into my what am I's. This riddle is no exception other than the fact that, in most every instance, the play on words may have helped or actually produced the answer. Care to solve the puzzle within the riddle? Find the POW. Hint: it is not the kinda punny charade of a title.

I like CV's reasoning better.

I like CV's reasoning better.

From your own devices which

...create us why PRODUCED BY MACHINES/MOVEMENT

Stick together what's the hitch

...don't reply CLINGS AND RIDES UP (UNBEKNOWN)

Sense of humor, life's a stitch

...oh so dry MAKES CLOTHING LOOK FUNNY.

Even as it can twitch

...calm is nigh SPARKING/DISCHARGE (nigh - nylon?)

Prevention might make you itch

...what am I WEAR HEAVIER CLOTHES

Why thank you! :blush:

I think I went the right way with this... BTW, brilliant riddle! The velcro thing makes sense now...

I'll take a crack at the POW.. is it static cling, still hold on, like a sock stuck to your pant leg?

From your own devices which = dryer creates static cling in your laundry

...create us why

Stick together what's the hitch = if you don't use a dryer sheet, your clothes stick together

...don't reply

Sense of humor, life's a stitch = clothing is stitched?

...oh so dry

Even as it can twitch = once you shake it out, clothes don't tend to still stick together

...calm is nigh

Prevention might make you itch = some people have allergies to dryer sheets and can't use them.

...what am I

Great job as well CV. That is the "more specific" term I made the riddle about. An your reasoning is sound. What I meant by the *what's the hitch part* was asking the question of why it sticks together. For the title though: still = static or continue to (the double meaning/pun) and hold on = cling.

The real POW is in the body of the riddle. It is a specific part that also (cryptically) defines the answer. Think you're gonna love it when it's spotted.

cool.......Chess_Vixen got it!!! :D:lol:

Wilson had it first, so, yay Wilson, too!! I merely gave the more common term for it... but thanks! yay!

Will look back over for the POW... I'm certain there's more to those indented lines than meets the eye...

Edited by Chess_Vixen

Wilson had it first, I merely gave the more common term for it... but thanks! yay!

Will look back over for the POW... I'm certain there's more to those indented lines than meets the eye...

Really, CV, those ...indented lines are just for looks and direction as to how to read the riddle.

Really, CV, those ...indented lines are just for looks and direction as to how to read the riddle.

Okay, okay.. I know how your actual POW riddles go, and I could see some of the obvious word=letter in those lines.. thought mebbe it was a jumble of sorts..

I'll look elsewhere :)