BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

hola pple :D

It is now time for the DS2!!! post-11778-1245545269.gif

If you don't remember what to do then look at this link:Spencer, Detective Spencer (DS1)

but this time you are in the mystery (all who participate are the same person) assisting Detective Spencer

Now lets get started :lol:

The day is July 20th, 2008. Monday. Ms. Anya was just washing her dishes when she received a phone call. If one were to assume this were an ordinary day, one would think this phone call wouldn't matter much. But this was no ordinary day, so this was no ordinary call.

-Hello?

-*heavy breathing*

-*nervously*hello?

-*raspy voice* I know who you are...and I will get you...

Ms. Anya hangs up, scared out of her mind. Caller ID: 687-3377; in other words, Murders. Immediately she goes to the police and tells them her story. Hearing her plight the chief of police sends in their top man. Detective Jonathan Spencer :D. The detective goes to Ms. Anya's how ASAP. She is fine, but shaken. Det. Spencer calls his assistant (you; lets call you...Jonas (M) or Jane (F) I'll be Detective Spencer). We must keep Anya safe until we capture the culprit. With every update will be one successful day that Anya has been kept safe. Here is what you must find out in the process:

1) Who is the Raspy Man (RS) (ultimate goal)

2) When/Where will he strike next? (Daily Goal)

3) How will you stop him? (Daily Goal)

Everyday the RS will leave a new hint. It is up to you to figure out the latter of the 3 questions.

-*raspy voice* Good luck...

:thumbsup:

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

What is Ms. Anya's profession?

oh yeah i guess i should have put in a character profile, well here it is:

Ms. Anya:

Eye color: Brown

Hair color: Brown

Height: 5 feet 6 inches (167.64 cm)

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Description: Ms. Anya is a temperate woman and has a wonderful personality (not code for anything for those who watch too much tv) She has a pet cat, "Sally", and is currently working as a secretary at lawyer Daniel Forth's office. (His name is in Anya's contacts). Her home phone is rarely used because she is usually out all day working long hours with a few days off now and then and most calls are usually forwarded to her cell phone. She is usually outspoken and loves to read; her favorite genre? Thrillers.

Detective Jonathan Spencer:

Eye color: Blue

Hair color: Brown

Height: 6 feet 2 inches (187.96 cm)

Ethnicity: English

Description: Detective Spencer is a well known detective in the small city of Anchorage. His sleuthing and logic are one to be reckoned with as he solves the puzzling mysteries put before him. While he sounds great so far, he does have his flaws. Det. Spencer is not the best of athletes nor is he very nimble. That's why he hired Jonas/Jane his new assistant.

Jonas/Jane:

Age, eye and hair color, height, and ethnicity all depend on who is viewing

Description: You are the assistant of Detective Spencer. He has hired you for your uncanny speed and nimbleness, along with your logic, wit and resourcefulness. It is up to you to help the detective keep Ms. Anya safe until the RS is caught.

there that is the character descriptions that i forgot in the initial story

I have a question. Have you already decided who the RS is? What is her relationship with the lawer Daniel Forth? Has she been in any fights recently?

yes i have already decided who the RS is, you have to ask the other questions to Ms. Anya as Jonas/Jane to which she will hopefully reply.

Yeah, I was asking the other questions to Ms. Anya. Ok, this question is to you. Has the RS been revealed already, or do I need to ask some questions that will include the RS as a different person in the reply? i.e. how i asked the first question, and then the lawer was revealed.

Yeah, I was asking the other questions to Ms. Anya. Ok, this question is to you. Has the RS been revealed already, or do I need to ask some questions that will include the RS as a different person in the reply? i.e. how i asked the first question, and then the lawer was revealed.

oh ok, regarding your question about the RS, no he has not been revealed already that is the main objective of this mystery.

Anya: Well, my relationship with Mr. Forth is strictly business, although he does seem sweet around me...hmm. As for any fights, well, people come in all the time who are a bit unruly in their behavior and react a bit irrationally when they aren't able to see Mr. Forth or even get a "hint" that i may be acting "rude", which i hardly ever am, in any way imaginable. It happens so often that I've gotten used to it.

Hmmm...well Ms. Anya, who are your friends? Any work associates, or school friends, or anything like that? Also, from now on when I post in red I am asking Ms. Anya, when I post in blue I am talking to you, and normal when other occasions.

Edited by abhisk

Hmmm...well Ms. Anya, who are your friends? Any work associates, or school friends, or anything like that? Also, from now on when I post in red I am asking Ms. Anya, when I post in blue I am talking to you, and normal when other occasions.

ok :lol:

Anya: My friends are mostly on vacation this time of year, but i think one of them wasn't able to go this year. I'll give you her phone number.

[Anya goes into the kitchen. You hear some rustling and after a few moments she comes out with her contacts sheet]

Anya: here you go.

[you put in the information of Anya's friend into your notebook. Her friend's name is Renee, Renee Micheal]

now that all this information has informed, here is the update:

It's 10:00 PM on the first day. The Phone Rings. CI: 687-3377. Anya is worried sick. Det. Spencer puts the call on speaker. The RS speaks...

RS:

On the first day, Monday night,

Ms. Anya must endure this plight.

Every verse submits a clue

That I have made just for you.

In the room where you sleep

Dark beings lurk, crawl, and creep

In the darkness when you enter

The safest place may be the center.

Good luck to you and your detectives

Will their protection be effective?

Figure out my clue to stay alive.

The next day will start at 5:00

Edited by No1slight

Detective Spencer: Hmmm...Yes it does seem to be speaking about the bedroom...and the "dark beings" must refer to some sort of creature...but what kind? Also, "In the darkness when you enter, the safest place may be the center" is a bit puzzling as well...hmm...what do you suggest Jonas/Jane?

Jonas: Yes...Most probably that the dark beings are the RS, or is it... Also, the safest place might mean a protected area from the "monster". What do you think, Mr. Spencer, sir.

Detective Spencer: Well I believe that the RS is only one man and the riddle referred to a plural, so it might be many dark creatures...maybe the meaning we are looking for is not what appears to be the most obvious...maybe the "dark beings" refers to something that is actually dark and being plural, many of them are present. As for the "safest place", that could mean protected...or it could mean the best place to avoid the Dark beings...which are starting to seem like creepy crawly black creatures...but what could fit into that category...

(lol this would be a great idea for some riddles to post up on this forum :D)

Jonas: Those dark creatures may be some sort of spiders...hmmm, I wonder. What about that Detective Spencer?

(yah, the riddles idea would be awesome) :D

Det Spencer: Of course! The dark beings could be a certain type of spider, but the only black spider i can think of is...the black widow...we need to get to Ms. Anya right away!!!! Quick to the bedroom!!!!

current time: 2:00 AM Tuesday.

Remember that you are vulnerable to black widows as well as Ms. Anya so you must rescue her without getting bitten yourself

Det. Spencer:(hint for jonas/jane) Alright the riddle said "the safest place may be the center" so apply that upon entering her room Jonas/Jane.

(now it's ur time to write a sequence of events that jonas/jane must follow. I'll draw a quick sketch of Anya's room sometime today)

Edited by No1slight

I think that the spiders will most likely be released from the dresser or closet, I think we should mostly avoid the left side of the room.

We should also turn on the light as soon as we enter to see what is going on. The lights should wake Anya and she should be able to leap from the bed to avoid the space between the floor and the bed. We can then get her away to a safer part of the house. Would that be able to work?

I think that the spiders will most likely be released from the dresser or closet, I think we should mostly avoid the left side of the room.

We should also turn on the light as soon as we enter to see what is going on. The lights should wake Anya and she should be able to leap from the bed to avoid the space between the floor and the bed. We can then get her away to a safer part of the house. Would that be able to work?

excellence! here is the update:

Spencer and Jonas/Jane head up to Anya's room. everything happens relatively as Derrai describes it.

Anya lives another day,

From what you people had to say.

By phone, your work must be done,

For there is trouble still to come.

here is another update (sry i forgot about it :blush: )

Anya wakes up on the living room couch, a little disoriented, and shudders upon remembering the previous night's events.

Time now: 10:00 PM

Event: a phone call from 687-3377.

"Tuesday night, the second day.

Just like Monday, I must say,

Each verse, a clue

each clue, for you

In the area of consumption

you must make an assumption.

Ticktock goes the clock.

Wonder where this bomb's in stock?

In the mic. She must say

A word she knows, clear as day

How do you know what it must be?

it is used in her description, you see."

(hint: the word is at least 4 letters long)

The kitchen!

There's a bomb in the kitchen...in the pantry?

We have to find out where the bomb is in the kitchen and what the password is to disarm it.

yes now what is the password?