BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

18 answers to this question

A
sword, epee , lance, foil, scithe or club.????

One of those is right, in part, but there's more to it than that...It's a 2 part answer.

And D, don't let the label of POW discourage you :) that's the closest thing I know to call it.

Hey guys! I'm Deanna. I'll be filling in for Chess Vixen while she's gone for the day. Fear not, I do have the answer and explanation, so I can help guide you along. Vixen will be back later tonight/tomorrow morning. So lets get going and have some fun! The game is afoot!

OKD

words -- from sword and move s(nake)? but really from the title

OKD

I think you might have it PG, but your answer is kind of confusing. Give me an explanation, with both of your answers please.

Ok, looking at it again, I think I get what you are saying. You are right with the first answer, and on your way to the second answer. (This riddle has two answers)

Edited by deannaart

Great job Chicory! You're on the doorstep knocking...

Make your answer plural, then give me Clearly your two answers.

Nice job guys! Hope you enjoyed it! Thanks much to Deanna for filling in while I was away :) Looks like you guys have it pretty much neatly bundled up. Great job! I think PG had it, but like D said, a little confusing. Chicory is so close i do believe she's actually gone past it...

Line 1= "word"

Line 2= what to do to line 1 word

Line 3= "word" from line 1+ line 2

I realize everyone has pretty much gotten that the first word is "WORDS", and why. Everyone has been so close with the second one.

I've posted a few riddles so far, I was wondering if I could get any kind of feedback from you guys? i've noticed my posts tend to get a lot of views, but relatively few posts. Are they too hard, too easy? Too obscure? Confusing? Are they ok?

Thanks!

swords

and it seams chicory said it in post #10. Is it another?

CV-do enjoy your riddles, always. Many views and not so many posts is a good thing. Or at least I think so, hope so. I tend to check out back and forth, topics that have intrigued me, while thinking of a solution. Keep it up, and keep up the faith.

CV-do enjoy your riddles, always. Many views and not so many posts is a good thing. Or at least I think so, hope so. I tend to check out back and forth, topics that have intrigued me, while thinking of a solution. Keep it up, and keep up the faith.

swords

Yes, the second answer is

SWORDS

Thanx to PG and Chicory for playing!!!!! Great job guys!!!!!

Edited by deannaart

swords

Thanks PG! I see a lot of new riddlers get feedback to keep them posting, and I was starting to worry because I seem to be just getting answers. Which is nice, don't get me wrong.. thanks again for the encouragement, there are times when even a 'good job' on an online forum is enough to lighten personal problems.... Thanks again.

And thank you to Deanna for being so supportive ftom the start! and for moderating this last one in my absence! :)

:offtopic: sorry... :P

OKD

For real... what?

[spoiler='check

']really

do mot think too Haaaarswe

or hasre is the word..

btw.. gn

Edited by Typical

For real... what?

[spoiler='check

']really

do mot think too Haaaarswe

or hasre is the word..

btw.. gn

Not sure that last bit makes any kind of sense.... :huh: But yes really.

From the mightiest we flow

When writhing adders show

An ancient deadly we become

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

what flows from the pen but WORDS?

writhing adders=snakes, commonly in POWs for 'S'

add S to WORDS

SWORDS = an ancient deadly weapon.

Answer = WORDS/SWORDS

Did I miss something? :huh: