BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Twins at Crossroads

johny

Question

10 answers to this question

I know, and it's a great idea actually :)

While we are at it besides the 'who solved the riddle' option we could also add stars or grades (numbers rather than letters) in order to rate the riddle at the same time while we are at it :) since the rating option here is not giving us any information except for the total stars average and we, after 2 minutes or so (I know that this have been discussed before but I can't remember how long exactly) can't see anymore how many people voted. This way the ranking would be out in the open, well we still wouldn't know who's given what grade but at least we'd know if someone is deliberatelly sabotaging the rating...

EDIT: You didn't tell me rookie is my solution to the riddle correct? :D

Edited by andromeda

Rating system will be handled later.

And, of course, Pinocchio and Woody are the twins ;)

My next new riddle will be either "Brothers and sister have I none, but the ..." or "greater than god, more evil than the devil" and I will not know the answer for a few posts but then it hits me - that will be fun :D

So basically the original riddle starts out having a blue folder next to it, and after a solution has been found it turns purple? Good enough for me. Someone mentioned, what if the author actually has a poll?, maybe after this new practice is in place and more widely used, someone that wants a poll maybe write that in the topic description part to let everyone know that it is an actual poll. Besides there's not a whole lot of polls in the riddles, and logics forum anyway.

I like it, hopefully people will follow along. In the riddles section I'm sure a fair amount of authors will do this, as most of them have been posting for a while now, but the logic section I'm not so sure about. Alot of new people attempt to post, and I get the feeling most new people aren't bothering to read the rules.

So basically the original riddle starts out having a blue folder next to it, and after a solution has been found it turns purple? Good enough for me. Someone mentioned, what if the author actually has a poll?, maybe after this new practice is in place and more widely used, someone that wants a poll maybe write that in the topic description part to let everyone know that it is an actual poll. Besides there's not a whole lot of polls in the riddles, and logics forum anyway.

I like it, hopefully people will follow along. In the riddles section I'm sure a fair amount of authors will do this, as most of them have been posting for a while now, but the logic section I'm not so sure about. Alot of new people attempt to post, and I get the feeling most new people aren't bothering to read the rules.

That is so frustrating. There aren't even that many rules to read. And it just seems like something someone should do when they join a site. Argh! But yes, you do have it right - it will just turn to purple and say "Solved" along with the author's description. I think its going to be really great.

So basically the original riddle starts out having a blue folder next to it, and after a solution has been found it turns purple? Good enough for me.

Correct. And also prefix "Solved:" is added at the beginning of thread title in the list of threads.

Someone mentioned, what if the author actually has a poll?, maybe after this new practice is in place and more widely used, someone that wants a poll maybe write that in the topic description part to let everyone know that it is an actual poll. Besides there's not a whole lot of polls in the riddles, and logics forum anyway.

Actual polls will be with "Solved:" too, however, that does not effect the functionality of the poll itself. The polls work normally as before. Mentioning in the actual poll title the word "Poll" should be clear enough.

The rules explain how to get the most of this site - they should help. Show tips&tricks, warn in advance what is not allowed, answer the basic questions that new members might have.

PS: continue discussion on the new poll-solved idea in the original thread - http://brainden.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9215

Thread locked.