BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

plainglazed

Question

Have to spend a fair amount of the day driving so can check in only on occasion. Part of the beauty of these is there is only one real single answer per line so y'all play amongst yourselves. Feel free to share your work while I'm out of the Den.

Is around satisfactorily. (4)

To view half laughing, personally is living. (5)

Look with spectacles then French article exists. (6)

Vis-a-vis Mr. White, initially all coming back. (4)

Hesitate to mention a WASP regarding the additional one. (8)

Certain test simplified Bismarck's domain. (4)

Small business changed course simply per short term upward direction. (5)

For those new to these Play on Word "Quickies" - Each word or two (generally speaking) of the puzzle corresponds to a letter or two (generally speaking) "spelling" out the answer. Other descriptors can be thrown in refering to the relation of individual letters. The letters will "read" left to right as presented unless there is a descriptor that directs otherwise. For the most part, punctuation is not part of the answer but rather to make the clue read better. Other than that, the clues are very precise. There are no unnecessary words in the clues or extra letters in the answers. It's best to read these very literally. The numbers in parenthesis indicate the number of letters in the answer.

Edited by plainglazed

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

[

quote name='plainglazed' date='Jun 14 2009, 08:58 AM' post='177821']

Is around satisfactorily. (4) maybe fair?

To view half laughing, personally is living. (5) to view=see=c

[
quote name='plainglazed' date='Jun 14 2009, 08:58 AM' post='177821']

Is around satisfactorily. (4) maybe fair?

To view half laughing, personally is living. (5) to view=see=c

What you have for line 2 is correct so far. Not so for line 1 tho. Good start. Please keep at it.

I have posted these "Quickie" POWs several times before and usually after each, swear them off. Since this most recent wave of new riddlers, decided to go again. Mention this only to let you know if you care to, you can find examples of how these work which may be more helpful than my directions.

A couple.

Is=R around=O satisfactorily=OK. ROOK(4)

To view=C half laughing=HA (half of that=H), personally=I is=M living=Exist=E. CHIME (5)

Very close on each but not the answers I'm looking for. You're a seasoned veteran with a history of busting my puzzles so that's all I am saying for now...

Have to spend a fair amount of the day driving so can check in only on occasion. Part of the beauty of these is there is only one real single answer per line so y'all play amongst yourselves. Feel free to share your work while I'm out of the Den.

Is around=O satisfactorily.=ok(4)

To view=c half laughing=h, personally=I is living. (5)

Certain test simplified=PSAT Bismarck's domain. (4)

Small business changed course simply per short term upward direction.=top (5)

For those new to these Play on Word "Quickies" - Each word or two (generally speaking) of the puzzle corresponds to a letter or two (generally speaking) "spelling" out the answer. Other descriptors can be thrown in refering to the relation of individual letters. The letters will "read" left to right as presented unless there is a descriptor that directs otherwise. For the most part, punctuation is not part of the answer but rather to make the clue read better. Other than that, the clues are very precise. There are no unnecessary words in the clues or extra letters in the answers. It's best to read these very literally. The numbers in parenthesis indicate the number of letters in the answer.

I'm not sure though...

Right on! Two down. Was worried after hugemonkey's first guess on this about the half laughing but you have quelled my fears!

book chair? I'm seriously gonna have to solve the rest for that to make any sense!

Are we theme-ing summer bbq here? :lol:

Look = C

w/spectacles = OO

French article = LE

Exists = R

COOLER

Right again. Two for two and two out of three; good stuff t_l! As for the theme. You are right of course, there is a theme but not summer BBQ exactly. Dont think knowing the theme is as necessary as before in solving the others for this puzzle tho. Think I made them a little more straight forward but saying that can get you in trouble, right txmom2?

book chair? I'm seriously gonna have to solve the rest for that to make any sense!

Each line is really a little puzzle in itself. All answers to each line do have something in common but that part is really not the answer to a riddle per se. Do you get the logic behind the answers?

Right again. Two for two and two out of three; good stuff t_l! As for the theme. You are right of course, there is a theme but not summer BBQ exactly. Dont think knowing the theme is as necessary as before in solving the others for this puzzle tho. Think I made them a little more straight forward but saying that can get you in trouble, right txmom2?

I have no idea what you're talking about! :D:rolleyes:B)):P:lol::);)

Each line is really a little puzzle in itself. All answers to each line do have something in common but that part is really not the answer to a riddle per se. Do you get the logic behind the answers?

Um, I'll haave to follow this thread to understand it maybe. Don't worry, I'll catch up eventually!

you're sitting in a beach chair, reading a book, next to a cooler.

I'll get this some day!!!!!

Gotta think you're referring to my previous shout out. If not, here's a link to answers from a previous "Quickie POW" http://brainden.com/forum/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=172478

Actually, I thought you were refering to one of my riddles that Wilson knows all about. But, getting back to the riddle:

certain test simplified PSAT or will I need a whole other aproach to this?

Actually, I thought you were refering to one of my riddles that Wilson knows all about. But, getting back to the riddle:

certain test simplified PSAT or will I need a whole other aproach to this?

Yeah, I had missed this before and just posted a response. Doubly sorry as you will need another approach for this one.

Yeah, I had missed this before and just posted a response. Doubly sorry as you will need another approach for this one.

Yeah well, I guess science we already have those words, that's no use to us now!

well, um, I'm not sure how this is working, but I'll catch on.

(no hints given in above spoiler)

the concept behind *initially* but, sadly the wrong mr white (he says with a lisp). The rest aint it neither. But please keep Playing your Game Baby

Ed White? my karate teacher was Mr.White, but those are the only "Whites" I can think of.

Am pretty sure this particular mr White fits within the confines of common knowledge. Will say this, you have heard of one of his works and probably at least another.

Okay, not sure what you mean by that...just because I've hear of his 'works' but doesn't mean I've heard of him.

Oh-oh-oh! I think I've got an idea, but It'll take some Googling to prove. Back in a jif!