BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

10 answers to this question

To get a handle on this one I need some kind of clue. It doesn't look like a letter code, but all the numbers are integers less than 100.

It doesn't look like a mathematical formula. I started with the theory that it could have something to do with dates - but that got me nowhere.

:help::unsure: :unsure:

Donjar

I can't believe this is still here. I knew what it was almost immediately after doing Y-san's enigmatic riddles.

At first I would have said an Atlas (or Google Maps

:P ), but after your follow up I'm not too sure. I think I can find 2 out of 3 in 49, but I didn't find 18 32 7 22 11 in 49, so maybe it's a different one. There is a 15 68 92 where I am in 7 39.

ANSWER:

16 8 92 90 95 68 53 20

Not sure this one is correct:

49 1 8 74 26 74 92 16 16 73 52 16 20 7 53 4?

Because the words don't seem to make sense...specifically the 92 16 16 73 52 16 part....

Think of it with punctuation as "92. 16. 16 73 52 16"

Trying to come up with words was limiting, and phrasing it non-ambiguously was just as challenging.

Good luck going through all 50 to figure it out. :)

(There also happens to be two different answers to it depending on whether one deems acronyms/abbreviations acceptable.)

Edited by charlatantric

can someone explain what the hell is going on

i thought the answer was a formula at first mathematical but then i thought it was the periodic table (but when i looked at it for some reason i was thinking code instead of pattern) but how can a series of numbers be the answer to a pattern (shouldnt it be a formula or at least where the pattern comes from)?

i think im missing something

can someone explain what the hell is going on

i thought the answer was a formula at first mathematical but then i thought it was the periodic table (but when i looked at it for some reason i was thinking code instead of pattern) but how can a series of numbers be the answer to a pattern (shouldnt it be a formula or at least where the pattern comes from)?

i think im missing something

You are correct in that it is the periodic table. Each of the numbers is the atomic number of an element. Plug in the element's symbol and you get an sentence. The answer I gave of: 16 8 92 90 95 68 53 20 translates into "South America"...which is my answer to his question "Where can you find peru? Argentina? Honduras?"

Hope that helps.