BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

My question is this: Since infinity has no beginning, and no end, and since God is eternal with no beginning, and no end, then when did he make, or even think about making the earth. I have faith, and believe in God, so is the answer simply that we are unable to comprehend it?

I understand where you’re coming from. I have been kicking this idea around for a month or so trying to figure it all out.

What if this being was not limited to one place in space? Think of it as a fog throughout the universe moving, swirling. Am I getting to far out there?

interesting article your right,it is a good read. Is time real?

Interesting thought for those that believe in god, the answers are in the old testament if you know where to look and have good math skills.

However, none believers or those that need proof will try to discover through science incontrovertible proof / evidence to feel safe. The bigger picture is to discover your own reality and not feel unsafe or confused. Enjoy exploring knowledge proven, unproven or disproved. Errors are made as well as discoveries. If you find knowledge fun or relaxing or both then faith in yourself and others can be as important as belief and deity worship or idol necessity.

First you neeed to prove you exist - I think therefor I am. Is not a conclusive statement.

Do we believe?

Do we NEED to believe?

I believe in fellowship. Am I one of a kind? Now there is a subject to get your teeth into.

"I can't speak for others, but I'm pretty sure my "speed of thought" is a good deal short of light speed. B)) "

Is yours, mine and others thought process being slowed by our physical being. I’m implying we have a spirit and could exist outside the physical realm.

Interesting thought for those that believe in god, the answers are in the old testament if you know where to look and have good math skills.

Hmmm. I do believe in God, and I'm pretty familiar with the Bible, so I'm curious how good math skills would help me find answers to questions involving time, infinity, or the nature of the spirit realm.

However, none believers or those that need proof will try to discover through science incontrovertible proof / evidence to feel safe. The bigger picture is to discover your own reality and not feel unsafe or confused. Enjoy exploring knowledge proven, unproven or disproved.

I agree that explicit proof is not always a prerequisite to belief, but are you saying that believers should be content to ignore evidence that contradicts their belief, with the goal of establishing their own comfortable "reality," right or wrong? After all, does it really matter what I believe, as long as I don't feel unsafe or confused? I applaud your enthusiasm for enjoying knowledge, but I'm pretty sure you're in the minority if you don't attach importance to the truth of what you learn. I have many beliefs that I think are correct, but my thinking it doesn't make them any more or less true. If I discover my thinking is wrong, I have to change; the universe will not conform to me. Of course, if I never look, I'll never discover anything, and I'll never have to change. Some people are comfortable with that, but I'd call it self-delusion.

Is yours, mine and others thought process being slowed by our physical being. I’m implying we have a spirit and could exist outside the physical realm.

Well, it seems pretty clear that the speed of human thought is limited by the electro-chemical systems controlling brain activity, but "speed" outside the physical realm is certainly a nebulous concept. While I don't personally believe I have a spirit that exists apart from my body, I do believe in spirit creatures (God, angels, etc.), so the question certainly applies. When angels described in the Bible interact with the physical realm, were they transferring from a condition without time? I think that's rather unlikely, but it's only a guess based on the idea that, according to scripture, only God (and not the angels, or even Jesus) knew the details concerning the final day and hour (Matt 24:36). If God were to have created other spirit creatures after the start of the universe (and thus the beginning of time), then it seems reasonable that they would not have the same ability as God to avoid that limitation of time, and thus we could associate a speed with their rate of thought. As to what that might be? I'm gonna guess fast. Real fast.

MMMM! - Gets very deep these type of topics,. Many people have this curious or "maybe" type thought of existing in another form or no form Long before matrix came along - since the begining of mankind I or soon after. Curiosity is a great way to develop creative or investigative thinking.

Anyway, we have yet to truly discover our selves (self), let alone the planet and then there is the universe to.

Wonderful life in it! - lets treat it accordingly.

However, non believers or those that need proof will try to discover through science incontrovertible proof / evidence to feel safe. The bigger picture is to discover your own reality and not feel unsafe or confused. Enjoy exploring knowledge proven, unproven or disproved. Errors are made as well as discoveries. If you find knowledge fun or relaxing or both then faith in yourself and others can be as important as belief and deity worship or idol necessity.

if you're trying to say that atheists are "unsafe" and "confused" because we don't believe in a god, you are very wrong, my friend. In fact we are safer and less confused than we are, because there are no errors or paradoxes in what we know. Our knowledge is adamant and firm. We are not tryng to "discover through science incontrovertible proof to feel safe" as you are suggestion. We are discovering such proofs to find the truth of life. And if you are shying away from what we have found to be self-evident than YOU are the one shying away from knowledge just to feel safe with your notion of God instead of exploring oppposite notions.

First you neeed to prove you exist - I think therefor I am. Is not a conclusive statement.

Do we believe?

Do we NEED to believe?

I believe in fellowship. Am I one of a kind? Now there is a subject to get your teeth into.

yep I exist :P that doesnt mean that a God made me exist though

To clarify

Some feel "safe" with knowledge that suits their beliefs. Safe is not a case of free from peril, more like "comforable".

I have no intention of declaring that there is or is not a god. Further, i will not put myself in any particular bracket atheist or otherwise and yes i have made up my mind. I still can't accept the various explanations of how "WE" came to exist. Hence - I am glad to be hear too. Weather it be a real exixtance or not.

I'll stick to my original statement - I believe in fellowship.