BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

High School Mafia

Gmaster479

Sorry for my lack of activity earlier in the "day" (I won't bore ppl with my excuse), but from reading the posts then going through actions undertaken and then going back to the OP with roles then there is very little to go on regarding who should be lynched.

From my reading it appears JS and Prof T have been debating Prof T's status, hooligan or student, with Prof T denying being a hooligan but not claiming to be a student and JS asserting us that Prof T first is the vandal and now is the snitch 100%. Sorry JS but I could see how you would know he was one or the other but not why you would chnge after night 2. (Could Prof T be a Queen Bee??)

Based on JS's comments a few players have gone for Prof T, whilst I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do. He's been on here from the get go trying to reason about things and discuss with JS and others who the hooligans might be.

I think I'd rather vote for someone who has been lurking in the background. Trouble is with some inactive players, the hooligans can just blend in with them or even come to the site as a guest, or anon.

Who to vote for? I still don't know...

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who to vote...

Well Mekal was blocked on night one and was provoked into speaking on day one and no response, so to try and get him to speak out, I'll lay my vote at that door

School Administrators: Gmaster479 and scsw

1. Clozobozo - voting for Prof. T

2. Abhisk voting for Prof. T

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan voting for Mekal

5. Limey voting for Mekal

6. RPGBully - voting for Prof. T

7. Eeeeep - voting for Prof. T

8. Mekal

9. Phaze voting for Prof. T

10. Amberrock voting for Social Darwin

11. Blue of thout

12. Reaymanator (suspended by 'The Snitch')

13. andromeda - voting for peace

14. Social Darwin - voting for Prof. T

15. RainThinker

16. Prof. Templeton

17. Magic_luver101 voting for Mekal

18. JS - voting for Prof. T

19. GC

Fine! You guys are only shooting yourselves in the foot since I am the Jock. So be it. Good luck trying to win.

3. Peace!

8. Mekal

11. Blue of thout

15. RainThinker

16. Prof. Templeton voting for Mekal

19. GC

I think I will change my vote since I'm pretty sure that Mekal is a baddie, he was lucky that he wasn't voted out last time. Also I think I'll vote for him since he has been very inactive. I want to vote out most of the inactives, because Mekal hasn't been active since he signed up.

2. Abhisk voting for Mekal

3. Peace!

8. Mekal

11. Blue of thout

15. RainThinker

19. GC

Edited by abhisk

I am starting to come around to PT's argument, and not because he claims to be the Jock. He could claim to be anyone at this point to save himself. However, JS's attack on PT is just starting to feel staged, for lack of a better way of saying it. I doubt that my changing my vote will affect anything at this point, and I am not even sold on Mekal's baddieness, but I sure would like to hear from him. Even if he is a goodie, if he is not going to participate, he won't do us any good so voting him off won't hurt as bad.

3. Peace!

6. RPGBully - voting for Mekal

8. Mekal

11. Blue of thout

15. RainThinker

19. GC

Updated roster

2. Abhisk voting for Mekal

3. Peace!

6. RPGBully - voting for Mekal

8. Mekal

11. Blue of thout

15. RainThinker

19. GC

So looks like Peace, RT, Blue of thout and Mekal (depending on day post) will be in detention tonight. This could be useful for us students depending what happens over the course of the evening.

Edit: missed Blue off detention list

Edited by underground_dan

Why is everyone going for Mekal again?

What do you know that I don't?

Who is he?

Can someone enlighten me?

I can understand PT (he doesn't want to be taken out)

Abhisk, I gave you the benefit of a doubt as 'The Raymonator' kind of implied that either You, Mekal or both were innocent with that little stunt he pulled

You had the support of PT and you are voting for Mekal now so you are back on my radar.

Let me get this straight... you have all voted for an inactive player, someone who hasn't been seen for a few days, and who you know absolutely nothing about? You ignore the one player confirmed as not being a Hooligan (me) when I say PT is the Snitch. For a fact. Yes? And you other innocents out there let this happen?

Think about who I could be (I'm obviously not a Hooligan, and I'm certainly not the Queen Bee[?]), and how I would find this out. I've known PT's identity from Night 1. B/c I was late on in Day 1 I didn't want to announce it, as I wouldn't have had enough time to change the vote completely, and i tried to use my knowledge as an advantage. I tried to save Mekal. The Snitch started the vote for him saying that he could be the Vandal, so I knew then that Mekal wasn't a Hooligan.

-----------

Also as my ID could be deduced by possible holders of the Queen Bee role (SD maybe?), could I get a Fanfare tonight please? I don't particularly want to become a member of their group.

Edit: The above statement isn't a demand, more a polite request :). I genuinely don't want to become infatuated with them.

Edited by Joe's Student

Honestly the main reason I switched my vote to Mekal is because he has been completely innactive, which, goodie or baddie, is no use to us in this game.

It's pretty much the same with me. Also, is the day post coming soon?

I really hope you two are baddies :) . What if Mekal was the Smart Blonde or the Class President, or any other innocent? Which is pretty likely in my eyes. An inactive player has the capacity to be replaced, and therefore become active, a dead player does not.

Night 1

Day 1

Night 2

Day 2 – At Each Other’s Throats

The school bell rang and it was the start of a new day at school. Students rushed to their classes after hanging out with their usual clique and settled down at their seats. Classes were going on as usual regardless of the recent acts of vandalism and violence. Everything seemed normal. That was until a school administrator made an announcement over the intercom just before the school ended.

“All students report to the theatre! I repeat – all students report to the theatre!”

The students got excited and started heading towards the theatre. As they passed by the school paper billboard, the headlines read, “Revenge of the Reaymanator!” Some students paused and read part of the article “… Reaymanator who was wrongly suspended due to the actions of the Hooligans pulled the fire alarm on Day 1, causing chaos. When interviewed he said, ‘That is what Edward Cullen would do…’”.

"Classic Twilight fan," said a student shaking his head.

The intercom boomed once again. The students hurried to the theatre.

They entered to find a red-faced Mr. Rich, obviously stressed by the events of the night before, standing by the podium.

Students,” said Mr. Rich, trying to control his anger, “Acts of vandalism are selfish and detrimental to all the students and are not tolerated in our school! I know that a lot of students stayed after school hours yesterday and I know some of you know something. SPEAK UP!

JS raised his hand.

“Yes?” Mr. Rich asked JS.

“Prof Templeton is a Hooligan and he should be suspended!” JS said. PT stood up and refuted that statement.

“Do you have any proof young man?” he asked raising his eyebrows.

“I don’t have any solid…”

“Then there is nothing to discuss unless another student has something to say!”

The students started chattering in their seats but no one stood up to say anything.

“You will all stay here until we learn who spray painted the walls! Any student who doesn’t participate in the discussion will be sent to detention!” said a fuming Mr. Rich and left the theatre, leaving behind the Disciplinary Teacher to sort the mess. The students, eager to go home, started accusing each other and PT and Mekal stood accused.

The students finally decided that Mekal was a Hooligan and ganged up on him. The Disciplinary Teacher dragged Mekal to his office. The students ruffled through Mekal’s bag and found all sorts of piercings and black clothes. Mekal was the Goth.

The Disciplinary Teacher called for BlueofThout, RT and Peace*out.

“BoT and Peace, you are both sent to detention for not participating in the discussion earlier! RT, since you are new, you are exempt for today, but if you repeat the same mistake tomorrow, I will not hesitate to do so!”

RT nodded and left. BoT & Peace cursed their bad luck and stayed in detention.

School Administrators: Gmaster479 & scsw

School Roster:

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace! - In detention (no night action)

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

6. RPGBully

7. Eeeeep

8. Mekal - lynched and found to be the [Goth]

9. Phaze

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout - In detention (no night action)

12. Reaymanator - suspended by the Hooligans

13. andromeda

14. Social Darwin

15. RainThinker

16. Prof. Templeton

17. Magic_luver101

18. JS

19. GC

Night 3 ends at 7PM PST (or 10EST). If you have any questions, shoot away. I will be here for another hour or so.

Edited by scsw

Jock, stay silent about your roll.

That settles it for me...JS is absolutely right about the Professor. There is no way he is the Jock because coming right out to say it would be suicide and the Professor knows it. It's also a trap to catch the real Jock. The Jock is the only student killing role! Why would the Prof. reveal his roll, the Student's only chance at victory, to save his own skin?!

Prof., you are too good a player to think that would work! And I bet you were hoping the real Jock would stand up and shout "The Professor is NOT the Jock, I know it!" and give him or herself away. With the number of new players, it very well might have worked. But I'm on to you!

Edit: Drum Major, fanfare me or JS tonight. We have been lead astray!

Edited by Social_Darwin

Dont lynch Mekal, Dont lynch.. :sigh: (any way you look at it you are playing into the baddies hands)

If JS is 100% sure that PT is the Snitch. PT is going to need some attention from the local blonde beauty tonight.

The Drum Major is really going to have to visit JS as he may also have problems with Bee Allergies tonight (along with the snitch who is still active)

Magic Lover, mind explaining why you were leading the charge against Mekal last night?

If anyone says because the Drum major thought he was suspcious on the first night again I'll scream

Edit: Drum Major, fanfare me or JS tonight. We have been lead astray!

Sorry SD, but I don't get this. Why should the Drum major fanfare you? For all we know you could be a Hooligan or a Queen bee. As for JS, he is a known factor. He definitely needs the protection.

Drum Major, please fanfare JS. This is not an order but only a suggestion. You must know how neccessary this is.

All the others are unknown quantities. SD, the only reason you could want to divert the fanfare from JS, would be to successfully target him. Even if that's not the case, that's how it sounds.

Drum Major, please fanfare JS. This is not an order but only a suggestion.

Drum Major I think the reason why so many people are making 'Sugguestions' rather than 'Orders' is because we want you to think for yourself, and maybe suprise us all by not voting for JS. Keep the bad guys guessing, there are a lot of people you may need to cover including yourself. If we get rid of the snitch It would be really good if you can keep the Queen Bee on lockdown while all the males are visted by the Smart Blonde.

Anybody got a notion about who the Queen Bee is?

This is unbelievable! I was headed for the gallows and revealed my role, just like I said I was going to, and I'm still catching friendly fire. The goodies are not focused on the real goal at all in this game.

That settles it for me...JS is absolutely right about the Professor. There is no way he is the Jock because coming right out to say it would be suicide and the Professor knows it. It's also a trap to catch the real Jock. The Jock is the only student killing role! Why would the Prof. reveal his roll, the Student's only chance at victory, to save his own skin?!

Umm...here's a reason. I was going to be lynched. It was only after I told people my role that some votes turned the other way. I knew there would be repercussions from the Hooligans, but I also expected some people from my own team to back me up so maybe I could get something accomplished tonight. There's always a chance I can survive the night, but I wasn't going to survive the lynch without telling my role.

If JS is 100% sure that PT is the Snitch. PT is going to need some attention from the local blonde beauty tonight.

Are you implying the independents should go after me. If there are smart they will leave me alone so I can take out a Hooligan.

As for JS, he is a known factor. He definitely needs the protection.

I don't see how JS is a "known" factor. The only thing he has offered is false information about me. If you put that aside, he has offered nothing. There is still a very real possibility that he is an Independent and wants players to visit him under the guise of protection so he can learn their roles. I don't think that's the case. I think JS needs to review some of the RDs again and determine how he could have been mislead because he playing right into someone's hand.

I have a good idea who some the Hooligans probably are and if I am able to act tonight I'll prove I am who I say I am.

Please don't be swayed by PT's claims. He is still the Snitch, that hasn't changed. My understanding of the RDs are fine as is the info. He claimed the Jock b/c as a Hooligan it's the best role to claim. Either the real Jock outs himself or PT is believed. The Hooligans would like the Jock's ID more than any other role so he was always going to claim it.

I've known PT's identity from Night 1. B/c I was late on in Day 1 I didn't want to announce it, as I wouldn't have had enough time to change the vote completely, and i tried to use my knowledge as an advantage.

Another thing. JS says he found out on night 1 that I was the Snitch, but on day 1 he made the claim that I was the Vandal. It wasn't until it was shown on night 2 that there was no way I could be the Vandal that he changed his claim to the Snitch, the only Hooligan role that couldn't be disproven by the night posts and voting. This doesn't seem like 100% sure to me. He is obviously making assumptions based on information that he got. I think if he rereads the RDs and is willing to admit that he might have made a mistake, he can see how his information could be wrong.

I don't want to see the goodies continue down this same path for another cycle. We have already lynched one of our own, since it was him or me, I can't feel too bad about it. I would have preferred it to go another way, but I had no other choice not knowing who Mekal was at the time and with no other information to go on. I have a target in mind for tonight, based off the voting yesterday, and if I am able to act it will be proven beyond a doubt that I'm the Jock.

Another thing. JS says he found out on night 1 that I was the Snitch, but on day 1 he made the claim that I was the Vandal. It wasn't until it was shown on night 2 that there was no way I could be the Vandal that he changed his claim to the Snitch, the only Hooligan role that couldn't be disproven by the night posts and voting. This doesn't seem like 100% sure to me. He is obviously making assumptions based on information that he got. I think if he rereads the RDs and is willing to admit that he might have made a mistake, he can see how his information could be wrong.

Day one I knew you were the Snitch PT. I didn't have enough time to get you lynched, but I did have time to try and save Mekal. If I had said that I knew PT was the Snitch for a fact then, it would have painted a bullseye on my head. As it turned out, innocents were blind to me vouching for Mekal, which meant I had to stick my neck out. I had tried to wait, using the fact that PT was a baddie, to see what else i could learn. But I still wanted to accuse him, and not make it too obvious, and as Vandleton was such a good fit, I chose that.

The fact that very few others picked up on me vouching for Mekal, and didn't see the point of a tied vote, meant that PT's attempts to not expose the Rich Kid and lynch Mekal weren't noticed as much. So I couldn't use that as my argument to get him lynched, I had to out what I knew instead.

This is, again, to make sure that people don't get swayed about PT. I was right about Mekal, and I'm also right about him.

Edit: Not due to deductions or interpretations. It's a plain fact.

Edited by Joe's Student

Day one I knew you were the Snitch PT. I didn't have enough time to get you lynched, but I did have time to try and save Mekal. If I had said that I knew PT was the Snitch for a fact then, it would have painted a bullseye on my head.

Yeah it would have painted a bullseye on you. Everyone would have known you were lying. At the time there was no way you could have known anything definite.

This is, again, to make sure that people don't get swayed about PT. I was right about Mekal, and I'm also right about him.

You got lucky that Mekal turned out to be a goodie, but I'm starting to think you knew he wasn't an independent all along, didn't you? If he had turned out to be a Hooligan your ruse would have died right there. Because of his inactivity odds were good he wasn't, so that only left him being a goodie and you looking like a hero for defending him.

Edit: Not due to deductions or interpretations. It's a plain fact.

The only plain fact is that your wrong. I'm pretty sure now that your the School Idol, trying to get students to visit you so can pass their IDs along to your cronies and now keep me under wraps so I can't harm the Bees or get rid of me since I've been infatuated since Night 1. Right?

What's your plan when the students that your swaying with your accusations get me lynched tomorrow? Are you just going to say "Whoops, I guess he was the Jock all along. I must have misinterpreted the information that I got"? Did you think that far ahead?

The good guys need my role if we want to win. JS is only causing confusion that will harm us in the long run. I'm really getting tired of defending myself and if people can't see that I'm telling the truth I don't really know what else to do to convince them. If I'm able to tonight, I will certainly prove myself. After that if people still don't believe me, go ahead and do what you think is best.