BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Gmaster479

Question

I have heard from many people that we need another mafia so here it is. After being inspired by scsw's mafia I have created one with his help and with any luck we will be testing what you learned in high school over the years...mafia style! I know I am inexperienced at Mafia, having only played one game but this is why scsw is co-hosting with me.

Prelude: Bribery banishes books from brains in building

(Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing)

(Intercom): "Good Morning students and welcome to Mafioso High School. I hope you are all ready for a great new school year."

"As you know last week our Principal and Vice-Principal, Dr. Rookie and Mr. Bonanova were laid to rest after dying in a tragic and unfourtunate car accident. But don't be worried as Rich Boy's father, Mr. Rich, has taken over these positions and thanks to his generous donation to the school we should be able to do more than ever before in this school"

"Now may I introduce your new principal, Mr. Rich"

(Mr. Rich): "Yes yes thank you. Now students I know Dr. Rookie and Mr. Bonanova were brilliant educators and you liked them very much, but we need to look towards the future. I am nowhere near as nice as they were and I see education as a very strict business and a place where learning must happen at the highest level. That's why I have implemented school uniforms so that no one will be able to know who is who and so that no one will be distraction. If anyone is a distraction, I have a 'no tolerance' policy and will be disciplining everyone who I feel is a distraction to this school in anyway. If you don't like it, then keep your nose clean. Thank you."

So class, welcome to High-School Mafia, where some want an education, and others just want to rule the school.

Will the prefects lead the students to victory and return order to Mafioso High? Will those infamous school hooligans turn this school upside-down? Or will everyone simply be puppets under the Queen Bee's spell?

ROLES:

Hooligans: Wins by being the last faction standing.

Have BTSC. Can choose one student to be suspended every night.

School Bully [M]: Can bully a player into submission and block their night action.

Vandal [M]: Can post anything of his liking on the Night post due to his unrivaled spray painting skills (Once per night).

Rich Kid [M]: Bribes the vote counter in the Day, giving him double voting power (+3 if more than 10 people are voting). When investigated will appear to be a random normal student.

Snitch [M]: May spread false rumors about any student of his choice. Rumors last for 2 Night/Day sessions. Action will not be posted. When investigated, the student will appear as a random Hooligan.

Students: Wins by being the last faction standing.

Class Presidents

Have BTSC.

Class President [M]: May choose to end the day early and pardon lynch if he can RID the individual. The saved player’s role will not be revealed.

Class Vice-President [M]: Can blacklist a student every Night. The name will not be posted but stays on the list for 1 Night/Day cycle. If the student acts, the Prefect will learn the student’s role (affected by all modifiers).

Other Students

Do not have BTSC unless stated.

School Paper Editor [F]: She learns the roles of all suspended students and has the option of posting one in the school newsletter. The post will appear in the Day post.

Anime Otaku [M]: Crazy about anime, he cosplays roles from anime/manga and roams the school at night.

Night 1: Naruto – As a ninja, he may follow a player and learn the actions targeting the tracked player.

Night 2: Monkey D. Luffy – As a Pirate that ate the Gomu-Gomu fruit, he will not be harmed by anything (cannot be killed)

Night 3: Light Yagami – A genius with great predicting ability, he may learn a person’s role for the night. Bypasses modifiers.

Night 4: Kurosaki Ichigo – As a Shinigami, he may RID block any student.

Night 5 and onwards: May choose any of the above to cosplay, but not two nights in a row.

Goth [M]: Tolerant of everything and given up on life, he may choose to receive all actions targeting a student. Actions targeting him will still apply on top of the actions targeted on the other student. If chosen to be targeted for suspension, only has a 50% chance of being suspended (does not override lynching).

School Genius [M]: May predict 3 actions every night. A prediction will be as such: <Role> targets <Player>. Gets told which are correct and may choose to prevent a night action.

Knows who the Smart Blonde is and have BTSC.

Smart Blonde [F]: Ever ready to clear the Dumb Blonde stereotype, she is able to cure one infatuated male per day.

Knows who the School Genius is and have BTSC.

Computer Geek [M]: May hack into the school database and learn the contact information of any suspended player. May then contact the suspended player and ask 3 questions. Suspended player may choose to tell the truth or not. The contacted player will be posted in the Night post, but questions and answers will not be posted.

Jock [M]: All brawns and no brain, may choose to pummel a student every other night and send him/her to the hospital for the school year.

Will be infatuated as long as targeted by Queen Bee (or Head Cheerleader) even if RID is wrong.

Drum Major [M]: He may choose to cast a musical spell on any student. A lullaby will disable the student’s actions for the night. A fanfare will disable all actions targeting the student.

Gay Kid [M]: The school homosexual. If targeted by Queen Bee (or Head Cheerleader), can redirect infatuation to any player of his choosing

Twilight Fan [F]: Another poor soul that was caught in the Twilight craze. Became extremely self obsessed and may redirect one action targeting her to another player.

Queen Bees: Manage to infatuate 8 male students (including hooligans)

Have BTSC. Being overly famous, all Queen Bees will be outed if they get suspended.

Queen Bee [F]: Can post 2 RIDs a night, targeting male students. If correct, the student will be infatuated with her. Only she will know who is infatuated with her. If targeted for suspension, a random infatuated student will sacrifice himself for her.

Head Cheerleader [F]: Can distract a student and block his/her ability. Will assume the Queen Bee’s role on top of her own should the Queen Bee be suspended.

School Idol [F]: Will find out the gender of students visiting her at night. When investigated will appear as a random normal student.

General Mechanics:

1. All investigations count as a visit.

Please post any suggestions, comments or questions here. Hopefully this will be able to start sometime just after next Saturday because I know that many of you as well and I will still be busy, but I think with this big of a mafia we could have a lot of fun

Host: GMaster479

Co-Host: scsw

1. Clozobozo

I think I'll give it a crack now I know better what to do... :)

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

I'm in! This is going to be fun! My second one. Right, I also have a clarification. So if the Jock hurts someone, do they die, or do they just can't act for the night?

Edited by abhisk

GAAAAHHH!!!! Must....Not....Play...Mafia...During....Finals...Week.... *twitches*

NO! I can't play!! :(

Sorry, it looks awesome... But I'm sitting this one out...

But if there is need for a replacement in a while, I'd be more than willing to help!

Edited by RainThinker

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

Been meaning to give this mafia lark a go for a while and school seems a good place to start!!

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

How could I resist mafia :P

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

6. RPGBully

Sounds like a blast!

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

6. RPGBully

7. Eeeeep

First Mafia Game!!!

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

6. RPGBully

7. Eeeeep

8.Mekal

9. Phaze

10. Amberrock

So am I :)

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

6. RPGBully

7. Eeeeep

8.Mekal

9. Phaze

10. Amberrock

11.Blue of thout

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

6. RPGBully

7. Eeeeep

8.Mekal

9. Phaze

10. Amberrock

11.Blue of thout

12. Reaymanator

Alright, we have 11.

For you newbies (and others who need a refresher in Mafia 101), please read unreality's 'Newbies Guide To Mafia' that is locked at the top of the games section. It was really helpful to me when I played my first Mafia.

Like GMaster479 said in the OP, I am the co-host, but he'll be doing the bulk of the work *evil grin*. We may still have to make some minor modifications to some of the roles (rewording, adding descriptions), etc., but everything critical you see on the OP should be final.

I also wish to remind everyone to participate actively in the Day discussions, as inactivity will 1.) kill you and 2.) spoil the game experience for everyone else. If you need an example, I would suggest reading the Mafias posted by Unreality in his guide. Fantasy Mafia is a good example of a game that was killed by inactivity (sad to say).

If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of us (try cc-ing it so that we can be on the same page).

Well, that's all. I hope you will enjoy this "Summer School" experience. :):ph34r:

Edited by scsw

I also wish to remind everyone to participate actively in the Day discussions, as inactivity will 1.) kill you and 2.) spoil the game experience for everyone else.

So... if you're not participating in class you'll be asked to leave? :P

also, just a couple details of inactivity. Although it is better than nothing, only making one post a day with your vote and no solid reason counts as inactivity. It may not get you kicked out but it still ruins the game if too many people do only this.

~Waves~

I'll try to squeeze it in :)

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

6. RPGBully

7. Eeeeep

8. Mekal

9. Phaze

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

12. Reaymanator

13. andromeda

Anime Otaku [M]: Crazy about anime, he cosplays roles from anime/manga and roams the school at night.

Night 2: Monkey D. Luffy – As a Pirate that ate the Gomu-Gomu fruit, he will not be harmed by anything (cannot be killed)

Shouldn't this be suspended? Man this is a rough school!