BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

bushindo

Question

Here's a joke I heard from a long time ago.

In a certain family, a boy lived with his mom, dad, and grandparents. One night, the boy had a violent dream and screamed in his sleep, "Grandpa, don't go!". The next morning, the boy's grandfather died at the break of dawn. The father was absolutely dejected over losing his dad, but he dismissed the boy's midnight scream as a coincidence. A while later, the boy again cried out in his sleep, "Grandma, don't go!". Sure enough, the very next morning the grandma died at the break of dawn. The family was disconsolate.

A while later, the boy again cried out in his sleep, "Daddy, don't go!". The dad was absolutely dejected, and started making his will that very night. He spent a tearful night saying good bye to his wife and the boy, and as morning came, laid down to prepare to meet his Maker. To his delight, morning came and he was alive and well. He ran down the street, crying "It's good to be alive", only to be yelled at his neighbor's sobbing wife, "Would you quiet down? My husband just died this morning."

(Wait for laughter)

Here's the brain teaser, is there something odd about this joke?

Edited by bushindo

9 answers to this question

The two grandparents that died would have had to be the boy's maternal grandparents, but the joke states that the grandfather that died was the boy's father's father.

first you say his father(dejected} lost his "dad" then you you say his dad(dejected)was sure he would die father and dad may be two different people but the neighbor could be the father-------------or uncle I forget what i was saying, anyway ha ha ha (the laughter you were waiting for)

The two grandparents that died would have had to be the boy's maternal grandparents, but the joke states that the grandfather that died was the boy's father's father.

I like this answer the most.