BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Finally 'The Oddest Out 2' is up! :D

For those who don't know how to play you can read the The Oddest Out 1

Rules mostly still the same except below changes:

1) Question per round: 5 questions per round (instead of 8 in TOO 1)

2) EDC:

If there are 16 to 20 players, 8 will enter the EDC and 5 will be out!

If there are 11 to 15 players, 6 will enter the EDC and 4 will be out!

If left 8 to 10 players, 5 will enter the EDC and 3 will be out!

If left 5 to 7 players, 4 will enter the EDC and 2 will be out!

If left 3-4 players, 2 will enter the EDC and 1 will be out!

The last 2 will enter the final round as per mentioned above.

3) Word(s) that been discussed before each round result disclosed will be counted as void. Participants need to think of another word again.

Host:

10. and go on…. Until next Monday I will close the sign up.

Game will be start on next week.

Any questions?

• Answers 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Round 4 - Final Result

OMG~~~~ We finally have the result!

First, let us see the changes EDC fellows made:

seeksit.........no change

CL..............revise to decide, beach to teach

Wow! So what will be the outcome? Who will be out this round actually?

Player.............Score.... *ean...........**nk.......... *e*i*e............. *each............ *las*........... rec****

underground_dan.....90%..... mean(2-100%)...pink(1-100%).. decide(3-100%)..... reach(1-50%)..... class(2-100%)... receipt(1-100%)

seeksit.............90%..... bean(1-50%)....bank(1-100%).. decide(3-100%)..... teach(2-100%).... class(2-100%)... recycle(1-100%)

Cherry Lane.........90%..... mean(2-100%)...wink(1-100%).. decide(3-100%)..... teach(2-100%).... glass(1-50%).... recover(1-100%)

Like The Oddest Out 1, all 3 of you entered to the Final Round! :D

The Oddest Out 2 - Final Round

Finally we have reached the Final Round of The Oddest Out 3. Congratulations to all the last 3 players.

Beside CL, maybe the other 2 of you may not clear on how the final round would be played so below is a brief explanation.

There is very hard to find out who will be the most common if only 2 left (for this case, 3 left). So the only way is get the helps from all other participants.

They will come out the answers with the same questions asked. However, their answers are the 'traps'! Your answer should be correctly answer to the questions and hit their traps the least! The less you hit them, the higher chance you win.

Understand, so here we go:

Below are the questions will be asked in the final round:

1) A word, that ends with ‘cal’ but not more than 8 alphabets (including the ‘cal’)

2) A word, not more than 8 alphabets, contain 2 ‘c’ and 1 ‘t’

3) A word, not more than 8 alphabets, must contain a group of word in the pattern of &**& (eg abba, cwwc etc)

4) A word, not more than 8 alphabets, containing part of body as the part of the word.

5) A word, not more than 9 alphabets, that contain ‘xy’ together as part of the word.

6) A word, not more than 7 alphabets, which the 1st and the last letter of this word is the same alphabet, and can’t show the third time in between them.

Final 3 players:

Underground_dan

seeksit

Cherry Lane

So far participants who set traps:

scsw

Gmaster479

Abhisk

Limey

No1slight

Who will be the winner? You have 24 hours to decide the outcome! Good luck:)

Wow! Good job Cherry Lane! That was about as "surgical" as you can get :lol:

With a 90% score going into the EDC, I looked at my choices and I had no obvious change to make, given that I was pretty sure that I only had one answer below 100%--I couldn't guess which one it was so I just held my hand.

This last round questions are a challenge. But there are so many possibilities, I'm betting that there will be a 3 way tie with nobody hitting any of the trap words. Good luck to everybody :)

Oddest Out 3]I have a suggestion on how to improve the final round so that there is less chance of ending with a tie. Use the same kinds of questions as above, and the person who hits the fewest trap words is the winner just as before; but in case of a tie, specify that the person who has the fewest total letters combined in their final round answers is the winner. That would make everybody try to guess short answers for each question. But since you would also instruct the eliminated players to send you the shortest possible answers, the trap words would also be the most valuable words to pick. (You could also allow the eliminated players to PM each other so that there aren't any duplicate trap words.) With this change, the final round contestants would be trying to balance their desire for short answers with the need to avoid the traps. I think this would be a way to be more likely to find one single winner and it would add more tension to the final round. Just a suggestion.

:)

It's a great idea seeksit. I wanted to suggest woon to enable us to set more then one set of traps, but I think that your suggestion will work much better.

I also wanted to suggest to do the same thing as the previous rounds with all of us participating and the winner would be the person with the highest score of those who had left in the game... I don't think that I have explained this the right way but I think that you get what I'm saying woon :)

Thanks seeksit and andromeda's suggestion. I always think the final round is really not perfect but I don't know how should it go. So yes, I will take the advice and amend it in The Oddest Out 3.

Meanwhile, as for the final round of The Oddest Out 2, here is the addition. (Slightly fairer than changes, right?)

All 12 players! Please PM me your answer for addition 4 questions below:

7) fl*w

8) ra**

9) **es*

10) *****late (yes, 5 *)

CL, Seeksit and Underground_dan, who score the least is the winner.

Others player, start setting your extra 4 traps now!

Good luck!

Thanks seeksit and andromeda's suggestion. I always think the final round is really not perfect but I don't know how should it go. So yes, I will take the advice and amend it in The Oddest Out 3.

Meanwhile, as for the final round of The Oddest Out 2, here is the addition. (Slightly fairer than changes, right?)

All 12 players! Please PM me your answer for addition 4 questions below:

7) fl*w

8) ra**

9) **es*

10) *****late (yes, 5 *)

CL, Seeksit and Underground_dan, who score the least is the winner.

Others player, start setting your extra 4 traps now!

Good luck!

Sent my answers woon !

What's happening Woon?

The suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I am actually giving more time to all the traps setter. I don't see any more new PM come in so I will announce the result soon!

The Oddest Out 2 - The Final!

Ladies and gentlemen! Finally, we have all the answers sent in. Ahem.... thanks for all the traps setters whether you submitted full answers, part of the answers or not submitting at all.

All right, lets see what our players' answers:

Players............#cal .....2'c'+ 1't'..........&**& .....body part.........'xy' ....1st & last.....fl*w....ra**....**es* ...*****late

underground_dan..mezcal ........clastic.......lapilli .......earthed ....hydroxyl .......epidote.....flaw....rasp....obese ...phthalate

seeksit..........rascal .......chthonic.......laggard ........ribeye .....taxying ..........ouzo.....flow....rapt....loess ...spatulate

Cherry Lane....maniacal ........calcite.......ballast ......alarming ....epoxying ........devoid.....flew....rail....flesh ...granulate

Ok, then lets see answers from all the traps setters:

Traps Setter.......#cal .....2'c'+ 1't'..........&**& .....body part.........'xy' ....1st & last.....fl*w....ra**....**es* ...*****late

andromeda......chemical ........occults......accesses .........climb......xylogen .......sacrals.....flaw....rank....quest ...correlate

scsw..............vocal ..........catch........borrow .........chair.........sexy .........madam.....flaw....raft....chest ...stimulate

Gmaster479......typical .......cocktail........pepper .......eyeball....xylophone .........erase.....flaw....rake....crest ...chocolate

Abhisk..........bifocal .........critic......tomorrow ..................xylophone ..........text.....flaw....raze....geese ...ejaculate

Reaymanator.....optical .......concrete.......peeping .......alarmed....xylophone ........demand.......................... ............

Limey...........typical .........cactus........abbacy ........legend....xylograph ........scraps.....flow....rate....crest ...chocolate

No1slight.........local .........cactus..........deed ......leggings.......oxygen .......racecar.....flow....rare....crest ...translate

Underground_dan:

You hit the word 'flaw' 4 times, points obtain = 4

seeksit:

You hit the word 'flow' twice, points obtain = 2

CL:

Your are not fully hit but the word 'alarm' appear to be in different tense than what Reaymanator answered. Hence count as 0.5

However, CL, you are still the winner as you score the least in Final Round!

Congratulation CL, you have won both The Oddest Out! :)

Thanks for participation from everyone here. Have a good day.

Thank you.

ooh, thanks seeksit for suggesting woon add more traps! otherwise the result would have been quite different.

woon, thanks for hosting this game. fun as always.

Congrats CL! :D

Next time I'll be sure to write every option of a word down before I send in my answers cause that's what killed me round one :dry:

So will we play TOO III any time soon :)

Anyone interested to be the host? I am thinking of playing too. :huh:

I think CL should host since she won this game. It would give everyone else a shot :rolleyes:

Also, I think CL should host, like Gmaster, so that others can try to win! :P

Hey, how can I defend my title if I'm hosting? Gotta go for the three-peat!

Joking aside, I can't be on BD enough to host anything - it is now blocked at my workplace :( :cry:

Well, as runner up in this game, I'm going to pick up the ball. I'll host TOO - 3. But you're going to have to put up with some rules changes. I like to tinker :P . I'll be putting up the thread in a few minutes.

Well, as runner up in this game, I'm going to pick up the ball. I'll host TOO - 3. But you're going to have to put up with some rules changes. I like to tinker :P . I'll be putting up the thread in a few minutes.

Woop woop count me in