BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I'd like to provoke an answer. In the late 30's, early 40's these water bound vessels were considered dangerous, especially when stuck in the eye of a hurricane. Before the storm there certainly was help along the way, Mr. Freud would have been upset he was left out of this case. The time now is 3 o'clock. A discreet location for personal messages can be found after mountains to finish the story here with out the ding of the gong...

What is my real name?

Who is my best friend?

What is my pet's name?

Edited by John B

16 answers to this question

no takers?

OK, I'll throw this out for group discussion

I'd like to provoke an answer (Q as in question). In the late 30's, early 40's these water bound vessels were considered dangerous (U as in U-Boat), especially when stuck in the eye (I) of a hurricane. Before the storm there certainly was help along the way, Mr. Freud would have been upset he was left out of this case. The time now is 3 o'clock (L position of hands at 3:00). A discreet location for personal messages can be found after mountains (M or W like shape of mountain range) to finish the story here with out the ding of the gong...

I'd like to provoke an answer (Q as in question). In the late 30's, early 40's these water bound vessels were considered dangerous (U as in U-Boat), especially when stuck in the eye (I) of a hurricane. Before the storm there certainly was help along the way, Mr. Freud would have been upset he was left out of this case. The time now is 3 o'clock (L position of hands at 3:00). A discreet location for personal messages can be found after mountains (M or W like shape of mountain range) to finish the story here with out the ding of the gong...

before the storm= calm

freud =refers to psycho crazy mixed up letters

personal messages = PM

after = Post= P

to finish= end= N

story = tale, tail with N, entail?

ding of the gong = buzzer, alarm,

Very well done so far - All you have is correct - obviously you are missing a few letters and one of the two where you guessed two is correct...

I had studied longer but only...

...I'd like to provoke an answer (Q as in question). In the late 30's, early 40's these water bound vessels were considered dangerous (U as in U-Boat), especially when stuck in the eye (I) of a hurricane. Before the storm there certainly (positively, +, T) was help along the way, Mr. Freud would have been upset he was left out of this case. The time now is 3 o'clock (L position of hands at 3:00). A discreet location for personal messages can be found after mountains (M or W like shape of mountain range) to finish the story here (end and maybe without D or N?) with out the ding of the gong.

So maybe the first word is QUIT ?

Any closer? Anyone?

I had studied longer but only...
...I'd like to provoke an answer (Q as in question). In the late 30's, early 40's these water bound vessels were considered dangerous (U as in U-Boat), especially when stuck in the eye (I) of a hurricane. Before the storm there certainly (positively, +, T) was help along the way, Mr. Freud would have been upset he was left out of this case. The time now is 3 o'clock (L position of hands at 3:00). A discreet location for personal messages can be found after mountains (M or W like shape of mountain range) to finish the story here (end and maybe without D or N?) with out the ding of the gong.

So maybe the first word is QUIT ?

Any closer? Anyone?

the "end" but there is more to the word that gets eliminated - it will make total sense onse you know - No T in the puzzle.

I'm going to say your name is Doug...and your pet is Porkchop...your best friend is Skeeter...am I right? If so, I can explain...but I'll let people work on it more...

Absolutely correct - loved that show as a kid!

Please do explain you methods!

Absolutely correct - loved that show as a kid!

Please do explain you methods!

I'd like to provoke an answer. Ask a Question (or a Q) = Q

In the late 30's, early 40's these water bound vessels were considered dangerous, WWII saw the use of German U-Boats = U

especially when stuck in the eye of a hurricane. "EYE" of a hurricane = I

there certainly was help along the way, help = aid

Mr. Freud would have been upset he was left out of this case. Freud came up with the concept of the superego, ego, and the ID...so, AID - ID = A

The time now is 3 o'clock. The hands on the clock at 3:00 = L

A discreet location for personal messages I was thinking an E-Mail address...which has @ in it = A

mountains the shape of mountains = "M"

finish the story the end of a story = ending

with out the ding of the gong ENDING - DING = "en" = N

So we get the letters QUIALAMN...BUT the riddle says "Before the storm..." so that would move the A before the I...and it also says "After mountains"...so move the A after the M...and you get:

QUAILMAN which is one of Doug's alter egos.

Excellent riddle...I really enjoy these that you write. Very well done.

Excellent riddle...I really enjoy these that you write. Very well done.

I'd like to provoke an answer. Ask a Question (or a Q) = Q

In the late 30's, early 40's these water bound vessels were considered dangerous, WWII saw the use of German U-Boats = U

especially when stuck in the eye of a hurricane. "EYE" of a hurricane = I

there certainly was help along the way, help = aid

Mr. Freud would have been upset he was left out of this case. Freud came up with the concept of the superego, ego, and the ID...so, AID - ID = A

The time now is 3 o'clock. The hands on the clock at 3:00 = L

A discreet location for personal messages I was thinking an E-Mail address...which has @ in it = A

mountains the shape of mountains = "M"

finish the story the end of a story = ending

with out the ding of the gong ENDING - DING = "en" = N

So we get the letters QUIALAMN...BUT the riddle says "Before the storm..." so that would move the A before the I...and it also says "After mountains"...so move the A after the M...and you get:

QUAILMAN which is one of Doug's alter egos.

BINGO! glad you liked it! I'll do more soon!