BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

plainglazed

Question

Ok, I know I promised but blame it on Scottie, or the late lunch, or the unbelievably long line at the bank on a Friday afternoon before a three day weekend.

Also inspired by the slew of lists seen here most recently. Well here goes. You kids play amongst yourselves for a while.

1. Understands about greeting nary one existing question. (7)

2. Behold,you and me on the cross. (5)

3. Barely passing and the next one coming and going before crazy old sailor. (9)

4. Most elementary question in an Old World grouping one inside a shortened many. (7)

5. Asp and arch shapes around kid, that is. (7)

6. Roach before an exclamation, not outerspace existence. (6)

7. Total reversal of afterthought is more average sized. (4)

8. Look, man, twin Vipers move over mirrored in previous subcutaneous drip. (11)

9. Small spelling error encircled. NOTE: mass abreviated passport. (7)

0. Be quiet, alias last listed. Not me surrounding urban transit. (9)

The theme of the list and the "answers" will most likely come pretty quickly. The fun? is figuring out the rationale behind the translation.

For those new to these Play on Word Quickies: Each word or two (generally speaking) of the puzzle corresponds to a letter or two (generally speaking) "spelling" out the answer. Other descriptors can be thrown in refering to the relation of individual letters. The letters will "read" left to right as presented unless there is a descriptor that directs otherwise. For the most part, punctuation is not part of the answer but rather to make the clue read better. Other than that, the clues are very precise. There are no unnecessary words in the clues or extra letters in the answers.

Have a nice long weekend Scottie.

• Answers 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

is= are

total = all al

reversal of:

afterthought =ps

is= are =r

more average= medium= m

mrspall mrs.pal

not reasoning. Since you said you peeked at Scottie's would direct you back to that post and my response in post #44 and reread.

Edited by plainglazed

afterthought is correct. The rest needs some work.

somewhere along the line i started thinking mrsp was mrspal

so total reversal is one phase referring to all following.

somewhere along the line i started thinking mrsp was mrspal

so total reversal is one phase referring to all following.

That's right but am going to have to ask you list the whole answer out. Make sure you dont leave out any words from the original phase when you give your reasoning. I think one little thing has not been fully clarified yet.

total reversal of:

afterthought=postscript=ps

is= are=r

more average = middle average

sized (refers to more average)=middle average sized=medium=M (common size marking)

psrM totally reversed is MrsP

total reversal of:

afterthought=postscript=ps

is= are=r

more average = middle average

sized (refers to more average)=middle average sized=medium=M (common size marking)

psrM totally reversed is MrsP

Sounds fair.

Afterthought = p.s. = PS

is more = is plural = are = R

average sized = medium = M

Total reversal of is the direction that all of the following clues are reversed = PS R M = M R SP

MrsP

Sounds fair.
Afterthought = p.s. = PS

is more = is plural = are = R

average sized = medium = M

Total reversal of is the direction that all of the following clues are reversed = PS R M = M R SP

MrsP

That works much better.

to invent a new word.

"Mediumer"

(as in, more averaged sized... "This shirt is mediumer than that one."

Mediumer = Medium R = MR

:lol::lol::lol:

Ok, I know I promised but blame it on Scottie, or the late lunch, or the unbelievably long line at the bank on a Friday afternoon before a three day weekend.

Also inspired by the slew of lists seen here most recently. Well here goes. You kids play amongst yourselves for a while.

1. Understands about greeting nary one existing question. (7)

2. Behold,you and me on the cross. (5)

3. Barely passing and the next one coming and going before crazy old sailor. (9)

4. Most elementary question in an Old World grouping one inside a shortened many. (7)

5. Asp and arch shapes around kid, that is. (7)

6. Roach before an exclamation, not outerspace existence. (6)

7. Total reversal of afterthought is more average sized. (4)

8. Look, man, twin Vipers move over mirrored in previous subcutaneous drip. (11)

9. Small spelling error encircled. NOTE: mass abreviated passport. (7)

0. Be quiet, alias last listed. Not me surrounding urban transit. (9)

The theme of the list and the "answers" will most likely come pretty quickly. The fun? is figuring out the rationale behind the translation.

For those new to these Play on Word Quickies: Each word or two (generally speaking) of the puzzle corresponds to a letter or two (generally speaking) "spelling" out the answer. Other descriptors can be thrown in refering to the relation of individual letters. The letters will "read" left to right as presented unless there is a descriptor that directs otherwise. For the most part, punctuation is not part of the answer but rather to make the clue read better. Other than that, the clues are very precise. There are no unnecessary words in the clues or extra letters in the answers.

Have a nice long weekend Scottie.

Numbers 4 and 9 are being extremely difficult. (Or I am extremely obtuse, or 3 cups of coffee are not enough or...) Can somebody jump on these please?

most- est

elementary question= 5w's and h,or Q or EZQ

and Old World Grouping= EU, dutch painting,

one =i,1, a

inside a shortened many=

main

Numbers 4 and 9 are being extremely difficult. (Or I am extremely obtuse, or 3 cups of coffee are not enough or...) Can somebody jump on these please?
most- est

one =i,1, a

inside a shortened many=

main

is on its own? Like as in primary?

most- est

one =i,1, a

inside a shortened many=

main

The first two words of this one are my favorite in the entire puzzle. They represent one letter and are a "double" play on words. That part may not help you until you have a better thought of the answer but the two words together representing the first letter of the answer should.

Edited by plainglazed

most elementary=A

question= what

an old world grouping= N EU

most primary question in (an old world grouping) NEA What U

one inside a shortened many= amain

NEA WHAT U MAIN = Near what you mean? in a southern accent since you are NC... but I thought that was stretching and couldn't find a member name to match :huh:

most elementary=A

question= what

an old world grouping= N EU

most primary question in (an old world grouping) NEA What U

one inside a shortened many= amain

NEA WHAT U MAIN = Near what you mean? in a southern accent since you are NC... but I thought that was stretching and couldn't find a member name to match :huh:

tee hee, y'all set me a gigglin'

Eh, how you main? if H question refers to How.... if blurred, or hard of hearing, could get Hey U

now I just need to turn main into pal... is this member somebody who has posted recently?????

Eh, how you main? if H question refers to How.... if blurred, or hard of hearing, could get Hey U

now I just need to turn main into pal... is this member somebody who has posted recently?????

No, H question does not refer to How. Yes, this member has posted recently.

Think you are onto something despite the No mentioned in the spoiler.