BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

You wake up in a room with four doors going north, south, east and west. There are no windows. The room is lighted by three light bulbs, all of which are still warm. You can, but just barely reach them. There is a sign on each door.

The north door is filled with starving lions which you can hear them trying to break the door down and eat you.

The west door is filled with thousands of killer bees which may attack if you anger them just slightly.

The east door is filled with hundreds of poisoness snakes. The sign says something about a green snake, but it's in a language you can't understand.

The south door is an endless passageway (don't ask) filled with corpses. If you stay in to long, your bound to get a disease.

All but the south door leads to an exit. (HA! Man your unlucky!)So the famous question: How the heck do you get out?

Hope you know your Biology!

First off, forget everything I said about the light bulbs.(that was a distraction) Next, forget the lions, that's a death sentence. Even I'm not that suicidal.

First, open the door with the corpses. (You love that smell don't ya) Then, open the door with the killer bees. If you didn't know, bees (especially killer bees) are attracted to stuff like garbage and corpses. That is one of the reasons why they put makeup on the corpse before a funeral. (That and to look appropriate.) Now SLOWLY (you don't want to threat the bees) walk toward the east door and reread the sign . Saving yourself can be so boring! Now once most of the bees are in circling the corpses, go into their passageway to freedom. Suckers!!!

You can safely go through the North, West or East door. Each door is filled with starving lions, bees, and snakes respectively. I guess the doors are very deep if they can hold those animals and, because the animals are in the door, not behind it, there is no reason to think that opening the door will release the animals. Walk to the exit. Viola! :P

Awesome, I agree! Definitely the best solution in my opinion, I myself was thinking of complex light-bulb related solutions... :huh:

PS. "The south door is an endless passageway" -- now that's impressive!

:P

You can safely go through the North, West or East door. Each door is filled with starving lions, bees, and snakes respectively. I guess the doors are very deep if they can hold those animals and, because the animals are in the door, not behind it, there is no reason to think that opening the door will release the animals. Walk to the exit. Viola! :P

I'm glad people like my answer. :)

I would actually correct it slightly. It would probably be very difficult to open a door filled with lions, since lions are big heavy animals. I would suggest the using the"bee door," although the "snake door" would probably be doable.