BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

You wake up in a room with four doors going north, south, east and west. There are no windows. The room is lighted by three light bulbs, all of which are still warm. You can, but just barely reach them. There is a sign on each door.

The north door is filled with starving lions which you can hear them trying to break the door down and eat you.

The west door is filled with thousands of killer bees which may attack if you anger them just slightly.

The east door is filled with hundreds of poisoness snakes. The sign says something about a green snake, but it's in a language you can't understand.

The south door is an endless passageway (don't ask) filled with corpses. If you stay in to long, your bound to get a disease.

All but the south door leads to an exit. (HA! Man your unlucky!)So the famous question: How the heck do you get out?

Hope you know your Biology!

First off, forget everything I said about the light bulbs.(that was a distraction) Next, forget the lions, that's a death sentence. Even I'm not that suicidal.

First, open the door with the corpses. (You love that smell don't ya) Then, open the door with the killer bees. If you didn't know, bees (especially killer bees) are attracted to stuff like garbage and corpses. That is one of the reasons why they put makeup on the corpse before a funeral. (That and to look appropriate.) Now SLOWLY (you don't want to threat the bees) walk toward the east door and reread the sign . Saving yourself can be so boring! Now once most of the bees are in circling the corpses, go into their passageway to freedom. Suckers!!!

Open the south door with the corpses, then take out the lights, then open the north door while staying out of the door way. Hopefully the lions will follow the smell of the corpses and you can leave using the north, closing it behind you.

Open all the doors with the animals. Then hide in the passage way while the animals duke it out. By then they'll be so little of them you can run through one of their doors... right?

I know it has something to do with the green snake but I don't know where it comes in....

Or what if you took the lightbulbs and opened the door to the lions and blinded them by the light? Or throw the bulbs at them? Or maybe you can detour the bees with the lights? I'm looking for a stretchy answer. :P

well, let's just suppose it's me trapped in that room

I would open the door with my lions, and wrestle them with my bare hands and eat them

then open the door with the bees, and sting them to dead

open the door with the snakes, and bite them in order to inject my deadly venom

then I'd have 3 ways to escape...

woo!

1st guess: Well, maybe you can take each corpse out of the corpse room slowly one by one.

2nd guess: Open the lion door and throw the corpse inside. The lions will be too distracted with the corpse cuz they loove meat and they are starved. the lions will kill each other because they want the corpse. after you think the lions are finished, throw another corpse in. They will kill each other once again. Do it AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL THERE IS ONE MORE LION!! The remaining lion is probably full and satisfied, so go through that hall way and exit.

3rd guess: kind of like my 2nd guess except throw all the corpses inside until they're all eaten and the lions all die of disease, overeating, crushed by the heavy pile of corpses, or the fight for food. Either go through the lion hall before disease starts to come out, or wait for a day for the empty corpse room to clear of disease.

4th guess: Rip the corpse door of the wall and open the snake door and smash all the pathetic snakes with the door.

Um, won't some of the animals be attracted to the corpses, so you could drag one out and open on e of the doors and wait for the animals to go to it, and sneak past, I guess.

~Katie :huh:

Your getting much closer. :)

Hope you know your Biology!

First off, forget everything I said about the light bulbs.(that was a distraction) Next, forget the lions, that's a death sentence. Even I'm not that suicidal.

First, open the door with the corpses. (You love that smell don't ya) Then, open the door with the killer bees. If you didn't know, bees (especially killer bees) are attracted to stuff like garbage and corpses. That is one of the reasons why they put makeup on the corpse before a funeral. (That and to look appropriate.) Now SLOWLY (you don't want to threat the bees) walk toward the east door and reread the sign . Saving yourself can be so boring! Now once most of the bees are in circling the corpses, go into their passageway to freedom. Suckers!!!

why do you reread the sign you can't read? To waste time?

But how can you re-read the sign if you couldn't read it in the first place? :huh:

You don't have to understand it. It's just to waste time standing still. If you keep moving, you'll eventually anger the bees.= thousands of use of the word ouch.

You don't have to understand it. It's just to waste time standing still. If you keep moving, you'll eventually anger the bees.= thousands of use of the word ouch.

But you can't read something if you don't understand it. Illiterate people can't read and therefore can't re-read. The OP should have just said 'stand still while the bees pass.'

You wake up in a room with four doors going north, south, east and west. There are no windows. The room is lighted by three light bulbs, all of which are still warm. You can, but just barely reach them. There is a sign on each door.

The north door is filled with starving lions which you can hear them trying to break the door down and eat you.

The west door is filled with thousands of killer bees which may attack if you anger them just slightly.

The east door is filled with hundreds of poisoness snakes. The sign says something about a green snake, but it's in a language you can't understand.

The south door is an endless passageway (don't ask) filled with corpses. If you stay in to long, your bound to get a disease.

You can safely go through the North, West or East door. Each door is filled with starving lions, bees, and snakes respectively. I guess the doors are very deep if they can hold those animals and, because the animals are in the door, not behind it, there is no reason to think that opening the door will release the animals. Walk to the exit. Viola! :P

Edited by sunshipballoons

You can safely go through the North, West or East door. Each door is filled with starving lions, bees, and snakes respectively. I guess the doors are very deep if they can hold those animals and, because the animals are in the door, not behind it, there is no reason to think that opening the door will release the animals. Walk to the exit. Viola! :P

Nice 1 B))