BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

plainglazed

Question

I have searched and not found this riddle in the Den. Handwritten in a birthday card to my father and passed around the room. So maybe it was someone's one time original composition. Did not know at that time people actually wrote riddles. It was my first real riddle I can remember so many years, ok several decades, ago. Obviously, it has stayed with me.

I'm the center of fashion

Although never in style.

And avoid big rivers

like the Seine and the Nile.

I shun every city, village, and town

Yet reighn in Hamlet, like a king renowned.

I have one seat at home,

But two seats in church,

And here I'll be found at the end of your search.

Can you guess who I am?

Edited by plainglazed

10 answers to this question

Wow, for those kinds of riddles, that's a really GOOD one. I love it. And good job getting it.

i heard 1 like this on a cartoon years ago and when i figured it out i remembered the show lol

Wow, for those kinds of riddles, that's a really GOOD one. I love it. And good job getting it.
You did catch that it was not an origial of mine right? Maybe goes without saying. Was really worried that it had already been posted. And also how unoriginal riddles are receivedl. Doesnt matter now tho cus thats the only one I know.

You did catch that it was not an origial of mine right? Maybe goes without saying. Was really worried that it had already been posted. And also how unoriginal riddles are receivedl. Doesnt matter now tho cus thats the only one I know.

well the other 1 was waay easier the 1 i heard said i occur once in this twice in this and none in this... i dnt wanna do the actual riddle but u may kno wut im talking about