BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

12 answers to this question

let me share some background information on the reasons that lead to change of this forum

1. the previous system was phpbb3 beta 5, so it was a beta version that was not supported at all (since it was just beta) ... so if anything went wrong in the future there would be none to help ... of course, no upgrade to stable version was possible either - so it was a dead version ... however, at the time I implemented it, that was the best free forum by far

2. hence there was a need to implement some stable professional system ... since it could not be converted to phpbb3 stable version, I had to find some other alternative ... the best paid bulletin board system on the market is just what I have chosen - IP.Board ... though it was quite expensive, they converted the old forum (with some issues they are trying to resolve these days)

3. I have purchased complementary products as well - IP.Blog and IP.Gallery ... so I might enable some of you to have their own blogs on my site and you should be able to add your favorite photos to this site (just like flickr or picasa) and share them with your friends (or keep them private)

4. you will find many new features - I might share some of them later ... for instance, you can add RSS feed from "New Puzzles" section to your rss reader - just click on the following image rss.png at the very bottom left hand side or the same picture in the address bar (in mozilla firefox) ... if you are not familiar with rss feeds then I recommend installing Mozilla Firefox and adding extension called Sage (rss/atom feed reader)

5. I have created this topic so that you could point out issues you have come across (so that I could fix them) ...

eg. I have identified that some old features were not converted properly (url's, spoilers, avatars, smilies) and I am working on it

so let me know your ideas for improvement

I liked the old one. This one is very confusing

so what would you change in particular? the structure is the same

I haven't been a member for very long, but I would like to share some remarks. It's my way to contribute...

I love the "Download this topic" option. I never noticed it before.

The "View your posts" button dissapeared though, and it was very useful to easilly track your posts and ongoing conversations.

My picture is looking very pixelized: did the resolution change, should I upload a higher definition picture?

"Change is always hard, even the change for the better!!"

In my opinion, this definetely is a change for the better.

The "View your posts" button dissapeared though, and it was very useful to easilly track your posts and ongoing conversations.

you can view your posts (and posts of anybody else you choose) through the "Members" option (top right hand corner) ... try it and you'll see how simple and useful it is (you can see each member's topics as well)

My picture is looking very pixelized: did the resolution change, should I upload a higher definition picture?

upload your avatar through "My controls"

Your avatar must be no bigger than 90 pixels by 90 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB. The following file types are allowed: gif,jpg,jpeg,png

I understand why you did it

I just like the old one better is all

another forum, about pastafarianism and the Flying Spagetthi Monster at venganza.org I believe (something like that)

uses the same forum layout and appearance that we used to

Hey rookie, what's up with the "QUOTE" button not working... its extremely annoying, at least to me anyway ;D

just used the quote and you see - everything is working ...

1. press QUOTE for posts you want to quote

2. press ADD REPLY - and you should have the quoted text already loaded

ps1: you can quote several posts in your reply

ps2: QUOTE does not work with FAST REPLY (you would have to insert the quote tags manually)

Not been around long, not happy with my attachment uploads , don´t seem to reproduce as I intended, scale etc, regardless of original file format, picture, scan, document. I must be missing something. Would be nice to have a customised Forum edit /post page rather than just preview?

big pictures are scaled down and the very big ones (and other formats like zip) are links ... any particular post/attachment you had a problem with?

OK, thanks , If I work on the basis your programme has a standard scaling rule then I´ll know how to proportion any attachments .