Keeping bad guys from being at large

Where I am? It's kind of hot

Would you like it here? Probably not

Why am I here? It's not just for kicks

Although I do have an affinity for sticks

When will we meet? Maybe another life

But only if you didn't live right

Edited by Gubdude

i believe it is either Cerberus (guard), or Charon (sticks/Stix)

I would've said a "JUDGE". Kind of hot could mean the "hot seat". and sticks could mean the "gavel"

Good morning everyone! Enjoy.

Who am I? That's for you to find

When you know please answer the other lines

What do I do? A sort of prison guard

I'm thinking it's

a gridiron or something that keeps fire in.

the three headed guard dog?

lol affinity for stick, clever

I believe his name is ceberus or something...

Yes, it is indeed Cerberus. He is guarding the river Styx (hence the play on words, plus it's a dog) and he is in Hades.

I would've said a "JUDGE". Kind of hot could mean the "hot seat". and sticks could mean the "gavel"

While you are pretty clever for thinking that I, unfortunately, am not that clever while writing.

Edited by Gubdude

...Where I am? It's kind of hot...

Hades, in the context of Greek myth (where Cerberus comes from), isn't described as hot. In fact, it's quite the opposite: dark, cold, and gloomy.

The ambiguity comes where the canonical Christian hell of fire and brimstone is often called Hades, since much of the New Testament was written in Greek. But, I don't see much problem with the word play on "Styx," so maybe this shouldn't be an issue either, since in some context Hades is considered hot.

Edited by ANewBite

Hades, in the context of Greek myth (where Cerberus comes from), isn't described as hot. In fact, it's quite the opposite: dark, cold, and gloomy.

The ambiguity comes where the canonical Christian hell of fire and brimstone is often called Hades, since much of the New Testament was written in Greek. But, I don't see much problem with the word play on "Styx," so maybe this shouldn't be an issue either, since in some context Hades is considered hot.

Hades, or more accurately, Erebus, is where all the dead go in Greek mythology, not just the ones who did not lead a good life. There is no Heaven/Hell contrast, simply the Underworld. A part of the Underworld was the Elysian Fields, where the warriors of legend and the God chosen were sent, this is probably the closest to "heaven" that the Greeks had, but it was certainly not attainable by the average individual.

Hades, or more accurately, Erebus, is where all the dead go in Greek mythology, not just the ones who did not lead a good life. There is no Heaven/Hell contrast, simply the Underworld. A part of the Underworld was the Elysian Fields, where the warriors of legend and the God chosen were sent, this is probably the closest to "heaven" that the Greeks had, but it was certainly not attainable by the average individual.

Well perhaps I could have researched better. Most of my knowledge is coming from God of War.

You know what? It was a very good riddle. Since it was solved it managed to get the point across. Why do people on this forum insist on cutting other people's work down? This is a riddle simply meant to be fun and you guys are succeeding at nothing but being killjoys. Great Riddle Gubdude!

You know what? It was a very good riddle. Since it was solved it managed to get the point across. Why do people on this forum insist on cutting other people's work down? This is a riddle simply meant to be fun and you guys are succeeding at nothing but being killjoys. Great Riddle Gubdude!

I agree with deannaart, great riddle!

I agree with deannaart, great riddle!

I tried. :(

Thanks for the support you two!

Good morning everyone! Enjoy.

Who am I? That's for you to find

When you know please answer the other lines

What do I do? A sort of prison guard

cereberus guarding the gates of hell? with 7 dog heads, one of them probably likes chasing sticks.

cereberus guarding the gates of hell? with 7 dog heads, one of them probably likes chasing sticks.

I enjoyed this riddle a lot. Mythology always seems to get mixed up in literature anyway. I'm sure I remember a reference, maybe in poetry, to "Cerberus guarding the gates of hell" although I can't cite it.

I enjoyed this riddle a lot. Mythology always seems to get mixed up in literature anyway. I'm sure I remember a reference, maybe in poetry, to "Cerberus guarding the gates of hell" although I can't cite it.

Just in case anyone interested wikipedia says Dante in Divine Comedy had Cerberus guarding the third circle of hell :)

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it. And you thought of what I was looking for. Good work!

Who am I?: Charon

What do I do?: Prevents the occupents of hell from escaping out into the above

Where am I?: Hell

Why am I here?: Again, to prevent the occupants of hell from escaping into the world above

When will we meet?: If you have sinned, you will meet when you die