BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Guest lotus

Question

22 answers to this question

allusion?

an allusion is a reference to a famous piece of art, literature, song, location, etc...

you're so cruel lotus

:((( fits perfectly but noooo hahaha. I thought I had it too... even though it fits context, you had to complicate things ;) love your riddles. (curse you!) :)
Edited by spookify

you're so cruel lotus

:((( fits perfectly but noooo hahaha. I thought I had it too... even though it fits context, you had to complicate things ;) love your riddles. (curse you!) :)
an allusion is a reference to a famous piece of art, literature, song, location, etc...

I believe you're thinking of illusion. Something which appears to be, which is not. She said "allusion," which is a hint at something. Something that is hinted at. Not that either one is the answer.

you're so cruel lotus

Yay! I relish those moments when fellow riddlers curse me. It's my favorite pastime.

I believe you're thinking of illusion. Something which appears to be, which is not. She said "allusion," which is a hint at something. Something that is hinted at. Not that either one is the answer.

no, I was thinking of allusion. it's a literary device used to refer to another piece of work, if you were writing. en example: "a pearl-harbor-like sneak attack"

"A son of the morning is a traveler; an allusion to the practice in the Middle East to rise before dawn so one wouldn't have to travel in the heat of day."

basically it is anything that references something that requires knowledge about a different subject, topic, etc.

Edited by spookify

I am the hint, usually in verse,

That a story’s about to get much worse.

Sorry it's so short.

Let me expand, for it seems to me,

That the riddle's not what it aught to be.

The answer we search, to a title describes.

Example: the character, poison, imbibes

Let me expand, for it seems to me,

That the riddle's not what it aught to be.

The answer we search, to a title describes.

Example: the character, poison, imbibes

love tragedy? it seems as if the answer desired takes a shift by your second stanza.

lotus, go try my riddle! :) the follow me endlessly

Edited by spookify

love tragedy? it seems as if the answer desired takes a shift by your second stanza.

lotus, go try my riddle! :) the follow me endlessly

Yes, you guys were misunderstanding me, and I knew why, so I added. You're answer is correct, if you omit the word "love."

Yes, you guys were misunderstanding me, and I knew why, so I added. You're answer is correct, if you omit the word "love."

ahh, that's what I though.. but the words seemed to imply something of the sort. tragedy is what I was going for. even in my first answer, I thought it might be tragedy, but I put foreshadowing, because, technically, it's exactly what the riddle originally described

:P

ahh, that's what I though.. but the words seemed to imply something of the sort. tragedy is what I was going for. even in my first answer, I thought it might be tragedy, but I put foreshadowing, because, technically, it's exactly what the riddle originally described
:P

God, you're another Dancer. Geez!

Allusion: A reference to something supposed to be known, but not explicitly mentioned ; A covert indication ; Indirect reference ; a hint

Thank you. deanna. i was going to give that exact def. But I decided not to give it the effort. I'm not enjoying myself, at this time during the day. i'll come back some time later.

Nit-picky. Exacting, self-appreciating, and expecting others to only see your point of view. (And begging others to solve your riddles)

I asked you to because I enjoy seeing the answers you come up with. I asked you nicely to go look at it, I don't believe that was me begging at all. and I don't believe I was expecting anyone to see only my perspective, I was merely stating that the reason I though it was foreshadowing, is because that is what foreshadowing is, a hint or something that alludes to something about to happen or whatever.. I was saying that's why I chose it. I was merely explaining the rationale I used in picking my answer. I suppose if that means i'm nit-picky and mentally controlling, then I wonder what arguing is.

deanna, saw your post, I did get sick this morning :( slept with the window open >_< a bit agitated right now. I get absolutely irritable when i'm sick. it's awful. I don't get sick often, but when I do.... >.>

i'm sorry lotus if I came off rude or anything :(

Edited by spookify

There seems to be a lot of that going around today. It's like a virus or something. Maybe later it'll be a little less hostile...

Indeed! I'll see ya later, deanna. : )