BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

THE LOVELY BELLE

Question

I just wish to preface this riddle with this warning! I mean no offense, whatsoever by the words in this riddle. They are merely meant to covey a point. Also, this is NOT a WAI riddle, but a "what is the word which is alluded to in every line," riddle.

I traveled along and found a market, where

The most beautiful lady was standing there.

I paid a good price and bought her well.

Her skin was pale; she was a lovely belle.

We found a good driver, and paid his price,

All in all, I’d say the day was nice.

5 answers to this question

I just wish to preface this riddle with this warning! I mean no offense, whatsoever by the words in this riddle. They are merely meant to covey a point. Also, this is NOT a WAI riddle, but a "what is the word which is alluded to in every line," riddle.

I traveled along and found a market, where

The most beautiful lady was standing there.

I paid a good price and bought her well.

Her skin was pale; she was a lovely belle.

We found a good driver, and paid his price,

All in all, I’d say the day was nice.

fare (fair)

something along the lines of goodness, or the attraction toward a female, as hinted by 'market'... a market of what? it seems that she is always alluded to as an object of desire to be bought.. money comes up a lot

Edited by spookify

fare (fair)

YES!!!! This is the answer. GOOD JOB!!! GRRR! I have no words left to think up a riddle for. It's getting tough. : ) I'm working on it, though.

YES!!!! This is the answer. GOOD JOB!!! GRRR! I have no words left to think up a riddle for. It's getting tough. : ) I'm working on it, though.

That's OK. It's easier to solve them then it is to write them. I have been enjoying solving your riddles and others so much that I tried to make one up and it was solved on the first post :( . I appreciate a well thought out riddle. If done correctly an answer would not need to be confirmed because it would be so obvious. Now I feel a little bad for making wild guesses (I'm thinking "blanket" here.)

Keep it up, lotus.

That's OK. It's easier to solve them then it is to write them. I have been enjoying solving your riddles and others so much that I tried to make one up and it was solved on the first post :( . I appreciate a well thought out riddle. If done correctly an answer would not need to be confirmed because it would be so obvious. Now I feel a little bad for making wild guesses (I'm thinking "blanket" here.)

Keep it up, lotus.

Aww, don't worry. It makes me think harder. It's not so hard to write a good riddle (the bad ones come from laziness), it's just so hard to find one that's worth riddling about. I feel like I've really riddled every word out there. Back to the books!!!