BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Fantasy Mafia

For the second time RPG, can you provide "solid" evidence on how you know Reaymond is the Shade?

I could say that I'm willing to change my vote if I find your evidence really solid, but I don't want to make the same mistake we did in the early days when we trusted a goodie hunch and we ended up lynching a goodie.

Edited by JarZe

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this, is this proof enough?

Welcome to your messenger

Innkeeper

Personal Message

scsw

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Add to PM block list

Forward PM

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Innkeeper, Today, 12:09 PM

Group: Members

Member No.: 13,081

The informant tells you that reaymond is the Shade.

--------------------

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail." - Abraham Maslow

Trapped, Mystery Puzzle - Chapter One - Chapter Two - Chapter Three

Currently Hosting: Fantasy Mafia - Wyrmhaven's Tale

I think that might be enough ;) Unless you wanna claim another role reay? :huh:

1. Riranor – Lynched and found to be the [Mastermind]

2. Reaymanator

3. CGH0606 – Lynched and found to be the [Minstrel]

4. GMaster479 – Lynched and found to be the [Undertaker]

5. peace_out - Killed by the Shade (?)

6. RPGBully - Voting for Reaymonator

7. Limey – Lynched and found to be the [Doppelganger]

8. IDNE - Killed by the Doppelganger (?)

9. JarZe - Voting for Reaymonator

10. woon

11. Marioman9

12. abhisk - Voting for Reaymonator

13. GC - Killed by the Assassin (?)

14. Kat - awaiting replacement

15. twin_bro - Lynched and found to be the [Jailor]

I added my vote and abhisk's because of his request...

Edited by JarZe

May not able to access tonight. So, here my vote.

2. Reaymanator

6. RPGBully - Voting for Reaymonator

9. JarZe - Voting for Reaymonator

10. woon - Voting for Reaymonator

11. Marioman9

12. abhisk - Voting for Reaymonator

well Im being referred to as reaymanator through-out this game, and everything that scsw has sent to me in private has used that. Why would he want to change "reaymanator" to "reaymond" half way through the game.... unless he didn't and you did ;)

Anyway, how come you wouldn't give us the evidence on limey before to give us the choice of a decision but you will now? I already knew your role at that point and coming out with info like that kinda gave it away so I don't see the point in hiding it from yourself?

I presume the only way to save myself now is to come out with my actual role and show RPG as a fraudster, once again trying to control the game for everyone...

2. Reaymanator - Voting for Woon

6. RPGBully - Voting for Reaymanator

9. JarZe - Voting for Reaymanator

10. woon - Voting for Reaymanator

11. Marioman9

12. abhisk - Voting for Reaymanator

Just getting a vote down, in the eventuallity that I survive...

Edited by reaymond

well Im being referred to as reaymanator through-out this game, and everything that scsw has sent to me in private has used that. Why would he want to change "reaymanator" to "reaymond" half way through the game.... unless he didn't and you did ;)

Anyway, how come you wouldn't give us the evidence on limey before to give us the choice of a decision but you will now? I already knew your role at that point and coming out with info like that kinda gave it away so I don't see the point in hiding it from yourself?

I presume the only way to save myself now is to come out with my actual role and show RPG as a fraudster, once again trying to control the game for everyone...

2. Reaymanator - Voting for Woon

6. RPGBully - Voting for Reaymanator

9. JarZe - Voting for Reaymanator

10. woon - Voting for Reaymanator

11. Marioman9

12. abhisk - Voting for Reaymanator

Just getting a vote down, in the eventuallity that I survive...

What's with that vote reay? I thought you said you knew everybody's role??? Are you saying that woon is the other baddie/shade or are you calling a no contest???

Sorry, this is a tad bit long. I thought the finale should be more epic. ;)

Since all Baddies have dropped out, I have decided for a goodie win.

Prologue - The Chaos Begins

Night 1 - First Blood

Day 1 - A False Lead

Night 2 - Irony

Day 2 - A Grave Error

Night 3 - Quiet Before the Storm

Day 3 - Striking the Wrong Chord

Night 4 – Quiescence

Day 4 - Beyond the Shadow of a Doubt

Night 5 – Fateful Encounter

Day 5 – Broken Link

Night 6 – A New Threat

Day 6 – Cloud Break

It was a gloomy day with dreary dark clouds in the sky as the citizens of Wyrmhaven gathered around the city square and the weather reflected the moods of the citizens. The Baron had to leave the town to meet with the Council and left the citizens to fend for themselves.

It was quiet until reaymond stepped up to the stage.

“Getting the Shade would be our top priority!” reaymond [Shade] announced, “Do we have any leads?”

A murmur swept through the crowd. No one had any idea, until RPGBully [Innkeeper] stepped out.

“I agree with reaymond. The Shade must go!” he said. More murmurs rose from the crowd. Soon, everyone was pointing fingers and heated arguments rose.

Reaymond smiled – things were going his way.

Marioman9 [Assassin] scaled down from the roofs and landed quietly behind JarZe [Healer]. He produced a poison-coated dagger from under his cloak and closed into JarZe.

It was all going according to plan.

Kat [Witch Doctor] was pleased with herself. She knew who RPGBully was. She secretly snuck into his lodging the night before and poisoned the water supply with some Nightshade. She looked into her bag and was sad to see the potent poison half empty, but it was all worth it. She even saw RPGBully draw water from the well and drank copiously.

She smirked. Any time now RPGBully would fall and the black sheep was already in place. Things were all going as planned.

There was chaos in the marketplace. Reaymond clapped his hands, motioning everyone to stop.

“Where is woon? Is he hiding because he is afraid we will discover that he is the Shade?” reaymond suggested.

“Yeah!” “Get woon!” “Get that Shade!”

“Let’s go find him!” reaymond rallied everyone.

“I know where he stays! Let’s go!” said RPGBully, leading the crowd.

Reaymond who followed from behind stole a smile. Just a while more.

Abhisk [Priest] laid down the stones and looked back at the mace he just retrieved from the altar. Everything was set. He started casting a complex spell.

As Marioman9 brought his dagger up, woon [Defender] dashed out from the shadows and knocked Marioman9 from behind. The sudden momentum caused Marioman9 to fall and the dagger fell from his hand.

“I knew that you were going to try that all along,” said woon. JarZe smiled, “Good timing buddy.”

Marioman9 snarled. He produced two more daggers from his cloak and closed into woon.

“You have interfered for the last time, woon, or should I say Defender!” he said as he dashed towards woon with inhuman speed. Marioman9 brought his daggers up and unleashed a flurry of slashes from both sides. Woon, equally well trained in close quarters combat, deflected them and launched his series of punches and elbows.

JarZe was stupefied. Two equally well trained masters were unleashing series after series of lethal attacks but none of them were hurt by the slightest. It was like watching two well-rehearsed dancers dancing to an ever increasing beat, none of them missing a step.

Woon decided to break the stalemate. He gambled that JarZe would have the cure to whatever poison is coated in the daggers and let his guard slip slightly. Ever keen-eyed, Marioman9 saw the chance and took it. He closed in with the left dagger and as woon blocked, Marioman9 brought the other dagger in low, gashing woon in the abdomen.

Woon smiled. He took the bait. Woon twisted his body, avoiding a fatal blow and sent his momentum forward. This broke Marioman9’s stance and woon seized the chance – he grabbed Marioman9 by the neck and twisted it. Marioman9 went limp immediately.

“You gave a good fight, Assassin,” woon said, breathing hard, “Do you think you have the antidote to whatever he coated his daggers with?”

JarZe picked up the dagger and dabbed a white powder onto it. The powder turned green.

“Yes, I think I do,” JarZe said and administered the antidote to woon, “Done. Let’s go, the others might need us.”

Woon nodded and the two friends left the scene.

Abhisk heard the footsteps. He was relieved. It was completed. The complex spell he weaved together would trigger the moment they stepped out of the tunnel. He said a simple prayer and held his mace close. If things went wrong, he still had a trump card.

Kat was growing impatient. Why was RPGBully still standing? If he fell, this would be the perfect moment to frame reaymond. She looked back into her bag. It was the Nightshade that she administered. What could have gone wrong? She decided to wait longer; it was not uncommon that some people are more resistant to the effects of Nightshade. She quickly closed the bag and followed the crowd.

When the crowd stepped out from the tunnel, RPGBully suddenly grabbed reaymond and flung him onto the ground. The unsuspecting Reaymond landed in a small circle outlined by runestones.

“What is the meaning of this?” snarled reaymond when it hit him. Runestones? Ones with holy inscriptions on them! He was discovered!

Abhisk stepped out from the shadows as the spell was triggered. Reaymond let out a deafening roar as his human body decayed, leaving behind a dark misty shadow with white slits as eyes.

“No! You filthy humans! You think such a weak spell would bind me?” he roared. The mist surrounding him reddened and his eyes shone with a red glare. His misty form started taking shape again. He sprouted wings and his limbs become more defined. When his transformation was complete, he held a fiery whip on his left hand and his dark body pulsated with an eerie red glow.

“I have enough souls to transform now! Die humans!” he roared and the runestones started to crack. The citizens screamed and everyone started running away. Only RPGBully, Kat and abhisk stayed. Abhisk started chanting another spell. He dropped the mace and brought his hands together, palm facing the Shade. A bright white blast shot out from his palms and hit the Shade in its chest. Reaymond roared again. The blast punched a hole though his chest but it was already healing. He smiled.

“Futile attempts! Priest, you will be the first and you will serve me as I bring down your order!” reaymond laughed.

Abhisk ignored his taunts and focused his will again. Another blast shot out and punched another hole in reaymond. Abhisk unleashed more shots but Reaymond shrugged it all off. He lashed his whip at the runestones and they broke, freeing reaymond from his temporary prison.

“You will pay!” he snarled and walked towards abhisk. Abhisk unleashed a last blast, knocking reaymond a little back and signaled for everyone to step back. Reaymond let loose a last roar and dashed towards abhisk while lashing the whip at him. The hot searing whip burned abhisk’s arm but his ignored it.

As the Shade stepped beside the mace he dropped earlier, Abhisk closed his eyes and chanted a spell in the holy tongue. The mace glowed and a bright white light burst from the mace, shooting up into the heavens. Reaymond screamed as his form disintegrated.

JarZe and woon saw the light shoot up and hurried at that direction.

“No…” reaymond whispered. He was naught but a small dark wisp. Abhisk focused the last of his powers and weaved a spell that would banish him back to the Second Circle.

“I will be back!” defied reaymond as golden strands of holy energy closed into him and sent him back to the Second Circle.

“It is over…” said abhisk before fainting.

“He’s still breathing,” said RPGBully checking abhisk’s pulse.

“That’s great,” said Kat, flashing her usual innocent smile. <(^-^)>

“Oh, but you wouldn’t like that, would you? Are you surprised that I’m still standing, Kat? Or should I say, Witch Doctor?” RPGBully said, staring at Kat. Her eyes widened, she was discovered.

“Wha… Why?”

“JarZe already knew that you would try to poison one of us, and he gave us these,” he said as he held up a small pouch of pills, “The antidote to Nightshade, the most potent poison known to man!”

“Curse him!” Kat spat, “But that won’t do you much good with this!” She held up a battered doll.

“When I summon this spirit, you will…” she was cut short when woon snuck up behind her and knocked her out.

“Finally it’s over…” said JarZe stepping out behind woon. RPGBully nodded.

“But at what cost,” said woon sadly, “At what cost?”

“We will rebuild. When the Baron comes back, we will rebuild and Wyrmhaven will return to its former glory!” said RPGBully looking up as beams of sunlight broke the clouds, bringing its life giving warmth back to Wyrmhaven.

“Lower plane scum, come forth to the Material Plane! Answer to me!”

The Shade heard the call. It smirked. An ambitious magician’s apprentice is summoning it. It will play the apprentice’s game and when it is strong enough, it will break free and wreak havoc again.

“Yes… Master…”

Hey everyone thanks for playing! I'm sorry that things turned a little inactive, I had hoped for it to be much more fun. But, I'm glad it's over and hope you had fun.

I will have the list of characters and actions up shortly. Have to get back to work.

Edited by scsw

Great game scsw, and EXTREMELY well written. I am a big fan of fantasy, WOT mostly, and your story line was excellent. Well played all, and GREAT job goodies, nice to get the win, even if it was aided by inactivity.

Good job goodies... Congrats ;)

Thanks for a fun game scsw, I know that inactivity took a lot from it, but that's not your fault you did a great job :)

Well guys, I'll see you around...

Thanks RPGBully. Never had a chance to read WoT. Was planning to until the author passed away - I didn't want to read a story that would be left hanging. :( I just won't be able to get it off my head and think about what may happen next.

Here are the rest of the details to the mafia:

1. Riranor - Mastermind
  2. Reaymanator - Shade
  3. CGH0606 - Minstrel
  4. GMaster479 - Undertaker
  5. andromeda/peace*out - Messenger
  6. RPGBully - Innkeeper
  7. Limey - Doppelganger
  8. IDNE - Knight
  9. JarZe - Healer
  10. woon - Defender
  11. Marioman9 - Assassin
  12. abhisk - Priest
  13. GC - Seer
  14. Kat - Witch Doctor
  15. twin_bro - Jailor

Night 1

Actions

1. Messenger helped JarZe send a message to Marioman9

2. Doppelganger targeted reaymond

3. Jailor targeted reaymond

4. Defender and Healer both targeted andromeda

5. Assassin kill GC

6. Priest purifies JarZe

7. Seer spies Kat

8. Knight targets CGH0606

Results

1. Message delivered from JarZe to Marioman9

2. Doppelganger attempt foiled by Jailor

3. Reaymond jailed

4. Defender met Healer

5. Assassin killed GC

6. Seer got hints to Kat's identity (but was killed)

7. Knight blocked CGH0606

8. Innkeeper gets 1GP

9. GMaster479 finds out that GC is the Seer

10. Shade gets no souls

Day 1

Actions

1. Priest protects RPGBully from lynching

Results

1. twin_bro lynched as Jailor

Night 2

Actions

1. Minstrel blocks IDNE

2. Messenger helps reaymond send a message to JarZe (reaymond tells Messenger to use code word flower to identify herself)

3. Innkeeper uses 1GP to investigate abhisk

4. Doppelganger targets IDNE

5. Knight targets GMaster479

6. Healer heals self (JarZe)

7. Defender targets JarZe

8. Assassin kills andromeda

9. Priest purifies GMaster479

10. Witch Doctor targets woon (Defender)

11. GMaster479 finds out that IDNE is the Knight

Results

1. Minstrel blocked IDNE

2. Message delivered from reaymond to JarZe

3. Innkeeper (RPGBully) discovered abhisk is Priest

4. Doppelganger stole IDNE's role (Knight) and kills IDNE

5. Knight (IDNE) is blocked

6. Defender's actions were redirected to andromeda

7. Assassin's attempt was foiled by redirected Defender

8. Shade gets IDNE's (Knight) soul

Day 2

Actions

1. Shade risks consuming soul of the lynched

Results

1. GMaster479 lynched as Undertaker

2. Shade gets GMAster479's soul and was not discovered

Night 3

Actions

1. Shade uses Knight soul to target JarZe

2. Minstrel blocks Limey

3. Woon defends reaymond

4. abhisk purifies JarZe

Results

1. Shade's knight blocked JarZe

2. Limey was blocked by Minstrel

3. Innkeeper gets 1GP.

Day 3

Actions

No actions

Results

1. CGH0606 was lynched as Minstrel

Night 4

Actions

1. Innkeeper uses 1GP to investigate Limey

2. Healer heals abhisk

3. Defender defends JarZe

4. Priest purifies woon

5. Shade uses Undertaker's soul

6. Messenger help reaymond send message to JarZe (same as above)

Results

1. Limey investigated as Doppelganger

2. Shade did not learn identity - no deaths

3. Message sent

Day 4

Actions

No actions

Results

1. Limey lynched as Doppelganger

Night 5

Actions

1. Messenger help send message from RPGBully to abhisk

2. Healer heals RPGBully

3. Defender defends JarZe

4. Purify RPGBully

Results

1. Message delivered

2. Innkeeper gets 1GP

3. Priest meets Messenger

Day 5

Actions

No actions

Results

1. Riranor lynched as Mastermind

Night 6

Actions

1. Healer heals woon

2. Defender defends RPGBully

3. Innkeeper investigates reaymond

4. Shade RIDs peace*out as Messenger

5. Priest purifies self

Results

1. Peace*out killed by Shade

2. Shade gets Messenger's soul

3. Innkeeper learns that reaymond is Shade

Day 6

Actions

No action

Results

1. reaymond lynched as Shade

2. Goodies win

Thanks for playing and sticking till the end guys. I thought the baddies were gonna win (they took down most investigative roles) until they became inactive. :blink: Reaymond (the Shade) was well poised to win (good play by reay), until RPGBully (unfortunately for the Shade) investigated him. Either way, well played goodies.

Edited by scsw

Yup, I thought everyone who stayed in played well. Hey scsw, for your info, the WOT series WILL be completed. Brandon Sanderson is finishing the last book (in 3 parts), with the first book to be released this November. Robert Jordan left a lot of notes, and appearantly even had the last chapter of the book already completed before he passed away. If you like the genre, I STRONGLY suggest it, they are the best compilation of books I have read, ever.

Yes! Nice job, goodies! Nice hosting scsw, you did awesome! I hope you host again, great job and storyline. My goodie list was right, and I had thought reay might have been shade, but I wasn't sure.

Well you did good, because I thought that reay was indeed good. Well played reay, I think you just got unlucky... Or RPG was lucky on spying on you.

I have to admit that I thought you were good, but then you started saying things about the other roles that kind of raised suspicion but I guess I didn't pay that much attention to that...

Great game guys, hope to see you around a bit more often, although there's hardly any mafia playing here in BD anymore :(

I was the messenger, and Reay said something about the goodies communicating with the word 'flower' - i SO thought he was good!

So sorry guys! Great win!! :D

Hehe... I was still playing when I received that message but I didn't fall for that trick :P unfortunately peace did :dry:

Great game scsw :) sorry for dropping out :blush: and too bad there were so many inactive players!

Well you did good, because I thought that reay was indeed good. Well played reay, I think you just got unlucky... Or RPG was lucky on spying on you.

I have to admit that I thought you were good, but then you started saying things about the other roles that kind of raised suspicion but I guess I didn't pay that much attention to that...

Great game guys, hope to see you around a bit more often, although there's hardly any mafia playing here in BD anymore :(

I have some ideas for a few games, but none of them are finalized. Besides, I think I will take a break from hosting, maybe wait for the exam period to be over.

Yea good job guys, I was very impressed with that come from behind win. Sorry i wasn't too smart, being my first mafia and all

Also, I do have an idea for another one so with the right people involved there should be a new mafia soon

It's a learning curve, at least you didn't get lynched on the first day (like me :()

Hehe... I was still playing when I received that message but I didn't fall for that trick :P unfortunately peace did :dry:

Great game scsw :) sorry for dropping out :blush: and too bad there were so many inactive players!

It's alright. Yeah, I know, sorry the game experience was compromised.

Hmm. I am planning and drafting another MAFIA game (miniature) too.

Save a spot for me!

hehehe, it was a good move that I have used many a time in a mafia game. The idea was to imply that I knew JarZes role (I did the second time), and hope that since we knew jarze was good then I would be confirmed also ;) it was unfortunate for peace to join at that time as she probaby had no idea what I was going on about and just followed orders. Well played Bully, but I got to admit you were the next to die :P I was hoping that I can use the messengers soul to talk to the baddies and try and get them to vote for one of you, and along with my vote/the painters soul I could have killed one if you, and then another in the day. Since you had no killing roles I was safe :)

Well hosted scsw, especially for your first one. Thoroughly enjoyed the game apart from the inactivity...

hehehe, it was a good move that I have used many a time in a mafia game. The idea was to imply that I knew JarZes role (I did the second time), and hope that since we knew jarze was good then I would be confirmed also ;) it was unfortunate for peace to join at that time as she probaby had no idea what I was going on about and just followed orders. Well played Bully, but I got to admit you were the next to die :P I was hoping that I can use the messengers soul to talk to the baddies and try and get them to vote for one of you, and along with my vote/the painters soul I could have killed one if you, and then another in the day. Since you had no killing roles I was safe :)

Well hosted scsw, especially for your first one. Thoroughly enjoyed the game apart from the inactivity...

Thanks. Although you were really unlucky on several occasions. You lost the chance of taking the Seer's soul, which is very useful for you and when you used the Undertaker's, there were no kills. Funny how it played out.

When I designed the roles, I also had an idea of how the game strategy would be, like the Mastermind was a crucial target for the goodies, and the Messenger would be a double edged sword to the goodies.

That said, I really enjoyed hosting the game and you guys were awesome participants!