BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Fantasy Mafia

I agree, we need more activity. I am voting for CGH because I think his voting patern has been a bit suspicious. The last vote, he began shortly after the night post was made, posted his vote and gave absolutely no reason for his vote. I would like to hear more from you CGH.

1. Riranor

2. Reaymanator

3. CGH0606

4. GMaster479 – Lynched and found to be the [Undertaker]

5. peace_out

6. RPGBully Voting for CGH0606

7. Limey

8. IDNE - Killed by the Doppelganger (?)

9. JarZe - Voting for Marioman9

10. woon

11. Marioman9

12. abhisk

13. GC - Killed by the Assassin (?)

14. Kat

15. twin_bro - Lynched and found to be the [Jailor]

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two posts in 4 hours! This is extremely quiet...

What's been happening with mafias in BD? Nobody likes to play anymore and the few peoplel who play don't like to actively post???

:huh:

Yeah *raises hand guiltily* I'm really busy with summatives now, and I probably won't be able to continue to play, despite the fact that this was so much fun. Can I please have a replacement? See you all in June I guess :/

<(^-^)>

I agree, we need more activity. I am voting for CGH because I think his voting patern has been a bit suspicious. The last vote, he began shortly after the night post was made, posted his vote and gave absolutely no reason for his vote. I would like to hear more from you CGH.

1. Riranor

2. Reaymanator

3. CGH0606

5. peace_out

7. Limey voting for CGH0606

10. woon

11. Marioman9

12. abhisk

14. Kat

I agree we need to hear some mor from these guys I will vote for CGH0606

1. Riranor

2. Reaymanator

3. CGH0606

5. peace_out

10. woon - Voting for Marioman9

11. Marioman9

12. abhisk

14. Kat

Marioman9 and CGH, say something please!

I'm going to keep my same vote from last time. I still think that CGH is suspicious. Sorry about the inactivity, i just came back from my tennis match which i went to right after i came to school.

1. Riranor

2. Reaymanator

3. CGH0606

5. peace_out

11. Marioman9

12. abhisk voting for CGH0606

14. Kat

Edited by abhisk

The Shade snickered as it saw JarZe approaching. It summoned a soul and a black sword materialized in its hand. When JarZe passed it, the Shade rushed out and slashed at JarZe. Just before it brought the sword down at full swing, the Shade felt the soul resist his command. This gave JarZe a few precious seconds to avoid the swing and the sword struck stone. The Shade snarled and slashed again, this time horizontally. JarZe jumped back and grabbed a wooden crate cover lying on the side to use as a shield. The Shade struck again. JarZe brought his makeshift shield up to block, but the sword shattered it, sending splinters in all directions. The Shade was blinded by the smaller splinters and JarZe seized the opportunity to run.

Reaching the safety of his home, JarZe noticed that a particularly large chunk of wood stuck on his shoulder. He pulled it out and washed the wound. He will not be able to do anything tonight.

This makes me think that the knight is dead, because that is what happened. Come on goodies, we are in desperate need for a baddie lynch! :mad:

1. Riranor

2. Reaymanator voting for Abhisk

3. CGH0606

5. peace_out

11. Marioman9

14. Kat

What happened to everyone wanting to lynch abhisk...?

If people don't start talking this game is going nowhere... I swear that up to this point I'm playing for scsw, because I know all the work it takes to plan a game and then host it, but the players just take the fun out of the game.

At this point I don't mind if I lose, the game has turned "not fun" for me, and it's not because of you scsw... You've done a good job and the storyline is very entertaining, but the inactivity of the players make the game extremely dull :(

Edited by JarZe

1. Riranor

2. Reaymanator voting for JarZe

3. CGH0606

5. peace_out

11. Marioman9

14. Kat

How about a 2man mafia JarZe :P?

Great Idea Reay :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. Riranor

3. CGH0606

5. peace_out

9. JarZe - Voting for Reaymanator

11. Marioman9

14. Kat

What happens if we're tied??? Should we flip a coin? :D:D

Edited by JarZe

If people don't start talking this game is going nowhere... I swear that up to this point I'm playing for scsw, because I know all the work it takes to plan a game and then host it, but the players just take the fun out of the game.

At this point I don't mind if I lose, the game has turned "not fun" for me, and it's not because of you scsw... You've done a good job and the storyline is very entertaining, but the inactivity of the players make the game extremely dull :(

Thanks JarZe. I apologize for missing in action over the weekend - the internet service refused to send people over to fix it cause it's the weekend. :dry:

Everyone, please be more active so as to not spoil the game for others. I might take measures to force players to post if nothing changes.

I understand that there are a lot of first timers here, so a piece of advice for people who are targeted for lynch - you need to actively defend yourselves, especially if you are a goodie. Throw their suspicions to someone else if you are a baddie. That's why mafia is fun. ;)

The day ends in an hour.

1. Riranor

3. CGH0606

5. peace_out

9. JarZe - Voting for Reaymanator

11. Marioman9 voting for CGH0606

14. Kat

Sorry guys I have had like 4 tests last week :wacko::blink: but I don't know about CGH0606 :unsure:

Edited by Marioman9

Prologue - The Chaos Begins

Night 1 - First Blood

Day 1 - A False Lead

Night 2 - Irony

Day 2 - A Grave Error

Night 3 - Quiet Before the Storm

Day 3 – Striking the Wrong Chord

The winds from Frostguard Valley blew strong. The freezing gusts forced many citizens to stay indoors and the crowd gathered at the city square was relatively small. The few citizens gathered discussed the turn of events.

“Although there were no casualties, we must not forget that an attempt was made at one of our fellow citizens the night before,” someone mentioned. Everyone nodded in agreement.

“But who could the culprit be?” asked RPGBully, “How can we be sure who’s an imposter if everyone is quiet and in hiding?”

“We can’t be sure, but we can put pressure on someone and make them talk!” suggest Limey.

“CGH0606 has been acting pretty suspicious. We should capture him and force him to answers some questions,” suggested RPGBully. Limey agreed and the crowd set out looking for CGH0606.

They found CGH0606 sitting by the pond, so deep in thought that he did not realize the crowd was there until they surround him.

“What is the matter?” CGH0606 asked.

“We have a reason to believe you were behind the killings the past few days,” someone from the crowd said.

“Preposterous!”

“Convince us otherwise!”

CGH0606 went silent. The crowd soon became impatient and started shouting remarks at CGH0606.

“I can’t reveal anything, but I am an innocent!” CGH0606 yelled.

“If there is no proof, then there is nothing we can do for you. Catch him! We will interrogate him!”

The crowd closed in onto CGH0606. CGH0606 backed away from the crowd and stepped on a loose brick. Unable to control his body, he toppled backwards into the ice cold water. The instant his body fell into the pond, before anyone could react, CGH0606’s body went into shock and all color drained from his face. The crowd gasped. They did not mean for this to happen, at least not until they have some answers.

Someone fished CGH0606’s body out of the pond. He checked CGH0606’s body and found his flute safely tucked in his coat. CGH0606 was the Minstrel.

The crowd went silent. Another innocent wrongly accused. Just when everyone was heading back home, a trumpet blew in the city square. Everyone headed towards the square and saw the old baron’s younger son standing on the stage in the square with a dozen or so elite guards surrounding him.

“To all citizens of Wyrmhaven, I have recently visited the Alliance and by the Council’s decree, I am given command of Wyrmhaven. As of now, I am your Baron and you shall answer to me.

“There is no time for details, for the sun is going down, and I fear for everyone’s safety. But, hear me well citizens, tomorrow we shall be gathered here to discuss the next steps and citizens who do not contribute without a reason will be branded a suspect and will be imprisoned in the dungeons for the night!”

With that, the newly appointed Baron retreated back to the castle, leaving the citizens dumbfounded at the unlikely events of the day.

Roster:

1. Riranor

2. Reaymanator

3. CGH0606 – Lynched and found to be the [Minstrel]

5. peace_out

6. RPGBully

7. Limey

9. JarZe

10. woon

11. Marioman9

12. abhisk

14. Kat - Needs a replacement

I didn't want to do this but - In other words, players who do not contribute to Day 4 discussions will have their actions blocked for the night. If they are targeted for lynch/killing, the actions will still be carried out regardless.

I know that there is no history of this happening in a Mafia game, but then again, there has been no Mafia games (at least to my knowledge) that have been this quiet. I believe many players’ game experience were greatly affected by this and I do not want this inactivity to ruin it, especially for first time players. I hope you understand where I am coming from.

Quick question - is everyone busy with school and exams (since summer break is so close)?

Oh, and stay safe. :P

Edited by scsw

My list of who I think are baddies and shade: Bully, limey, JZ, MarioMan9, and Riranor. Obviously one of them isn't a baddie/shade, but i think the other 4 are.

I can assure you 100% (and I think someone else can) that you have at least one of them that is wrong ;)

I do think marioman, bully and Kat to be bad...

Edited by JarZe

Well, how do I handle this properly. This is the part about playing online that I have not figured out yet completely, the art of defending yourself without giving away so much about your role that you get RID killed. I guess the first is just stating, I GUARANTEE that I am one of those you have wrong. We don't have a very good track record so far, and the goodies can't afford for me to fail at convincing you. I have tried to be as active as I can, and I have stated valid reasons for all of my votes so far. Here is the best defense I think I can come up with. Abhisk, I KNOW you are a goodie, I don't want to say how I know or what you are for obvious reasons, but I am certain.

Well, how do I handle this properly. This is the part about playing online that I have not figured out yet completely, the art of defending yourself without giving away so much about your role that you get RID killed. I guess the first is just stating, I GUARANTEE that I am one of those you have wrong. We don't have a very good track record so far, and the goodies can't afford for me to fail at convincing you. I have tried to be as active as I can, and I have stated valid reasons for all of my votes so far. Here is the best defense I think I can come up with. Abhisk, I KNOW you are a goodie, I don't want to say how I know or what you are for obvious reasons, but I am certain.

Ok RPG that's a good thing to say when the time comes. During the night, there's usually less activity because there's no pressure applied on nobody, which means that everybody acts however they want. During day time, on the other hand, when pressure is applied on someone they need to speak up in order to stay alive and to make his team win.

It's never good to out your role just like that, but "hinting" is always a good strategy. You don't have to say your role out loud, but you can somehow manage to drop a subtle hint about what your role can do or something that can give some pointers on who you might be... That's just something for you to think about ;)

I'll send my action in just in case we need it...

My list of who I think are baddies and shade: Bully, limey, JZ, MarioMan9, and Riranor. Obviously one of them isn't a baddie/shade, but i think the other 4 are.

AT LEAST, you have one guess wrongly.

Ok RPG that's a good thing to say when the time comes. During the night, there's usually less activity because there's no pressure applied on nobody, which means that everybody acts however they want. During day time, on the other hand, when pressure is applied on someone they need to speak up in order to stay alive and to make his team win.

It's never good to out your role just like that, but "hinting" is always a good strategy. You don't have to say your role out loud, but you can somehow manage to drop a subtle hint about what your role can do or something that can give some pointers on who you might be... That's just something for you to think about ;)

I'll send my action in just in case we need it...

Thanks for the heads up Jarze. I did try somewhat to do that in the first day post. If you go back and look, Kat called me out and I had to defend myself then. I tried to drop some suttle hints, but I don't know if anyone picked up on them or not (hopefully only goodies did ;) ). Anyway, I agree, unless my math is wrong, we are down to only 5 goodies to 4 baddies to the shade, so we need to pick it up here.