BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I hope I have a good one, here. I think it's more elusive, than most of mine today.

You know me well. My shape is always the same,

Except for when I’m not. Then I have a different name.

Fires, chimes, flowers, or gongs

A lovely addition to so many songs.

Edited by lotus

24 answers to this question

maybe...
a pedal?

nope!! yay! I really thought when I clicked on that spoiler, that you were going to have it already. yeah, it got past the first guess. Okay, keep it up. I've got about ten more minutes here, before hubs gets home. : )

I hit edit, must not have gone through. I meant, the shape, is it to be taken literal to the aspect of music. the last two lines in particular. i'm a musician and i'm zeroing in on that :P

the moon but a bit confused on the songs part

yeah, it's not the moon, but clever thought. I think I still have yet to get a good moon riddle written.

I hit edit, must not have gone through. I meant, the shape, is it to be taken literal to the aspect of music. the last two lines in particular. i'm a musician and i'm zeroing in on that :P

I'm a musician too. COOL. What do you play? Do you sing well? I'll say, that I've chosen the VERY most elusive aspects of this object. It might be hard to get if you focus on only the first and last line. I'd focus more on the middle lines. And realize that the first and last lines are a very small facet in the life of this subject.

I play the electric bass, guitar, piano, trumpet, drums, and am learning the cello as well as sitar XD and i've been known to go Geddy a few times! though my voice is not as high as his XD

Edited by spookify

I play the electric bass, guitar, piano, trumpet, drums, and am learning the cello as well as sitar XD and i've been known to go Geddy a few times! though my voice is not as high as his XD
Horray for musicians!!! I play flute and guitar, but am best known for my singing :)

Good morning Lotus! [spoiler='Do the 4 have something in common?

']Fires, chimes, flowers and gongs?

Yes, they're all a range of the different "names" or types.

water? there are water gongs & water chimes & water flowers..dunno d connection wid fires...& it is sorta shapeless but its called ice/steam when it changes its phase...

dats the best i could come up wid :blink:

bells :-)

YAY!!!! Well done. This is the correct answer!!!!

Fire-bells

chimes-the changed name of bells

flowers-i had bells of ireland in mind, but......

gong-the changed names of bells

Good job!

PS, yes, hubby had come home, then I crashed out. There's NO way I'll ever get him to join, it's all I can do just to get him to let me read him a riddle. It's my thing, not his, you know.

Ok, here's signing off for today.

YAY!!!! Well done. This is the correct answer!!!!

PS, yes, hubby had come home, then I crashed out. There's NO way I'll ever get him to join, it's all I can do just to get him to let me read him a riddle. It's my thing, not his, you know.

Ok, here's signing off for today.

Fire-bells

chimes-the changed name of bells

flowers-i had bells of ireland in mind, but......

gong-the changed names of bells

Good job!

OH YAY!! I FINALLY GOT ONE AT THE FIRST GUESS!! :-D HAHA