BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Guest lotus

Question

I helped a lady make a brand new blanket.

It was dark and heavy; she was so proud.

I describe how the blanket hung over her,

Protecting her from the dark rain cloud.

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

no. you understand the riddle, in general, correct? You understand the words etc?

whoa! that's kind of mean... :huh:

yeah, i think i understand what the words mean, what they stand for I am trying to figure out

cushion

or

safeguard

no. We know that the blanket was a blanket. We're not trying to figure out what it actually is. We're trying to figure out in what way it covered her.

whoa! that's kind of mean... :huh:

yeah, i think i understand what the words mean, what they stand for I am trying to figure out

I apologize. I didn't intend meanness, I apologize. (I didn't wonder if you understood definitions, I'm wondering if my wording is off. I expected you to get this one right off).

I apologize. I didn't intend meanness, I apologize. (I didn't wonder if you understood definitions, I'm wondering if my wording is off. I expected you to get this one right off).

cloak?

no worries i thought you were making fun of me, which also is not so bad to merit serious apology :)

Edited by dancer

no worries i thought you were making fun of me, which also is not so bad to merit serious apology :)

cloak?

No, but we're now on the track of the right sort of words.

It will be a noun/verb just like cloak is.

a hoodie or sweatshirt

no. You are all looking for another word for a blanket. The blanket is a blanket. We're not looking for what the blanket is. We already know it's a blanket.

No to all. And remember to look at the first line, and see that it's personified there as well. Remember that we're not looking in any way for any sort of definition or description of the blanket. We're looking for what it did and....

What helped the old lady make the blanket?

I'm surprised. I honestly thought this would be an easy riddle. I'm happy to be wrong. I guess this one's going at the end of my book. Where's plasmid?