Would like to roam the universe too.

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

BIG HINT:
You guys were all guessing comets, and then switched to ice cream. Why don't you all try putting them together and see what you think of.

A GIANT ICECREAM COMET

I'm just kidding i don't have the slightest clue

You are all a little off. And by the way....yes, by O'Henry, I'm referring to the writer.

But, you're lucky and would have to have read a particular work of his to really understand the reference. I bet you plasmid would get this one right off.

Milky way sounds all right o me, milk can be pink/strawberry or chocolate/black

Oooh, no, but now you're thinking, with your chocolate and strawberry.

Is it Neapolitan Ice Cream?

Ok, you're getting somewhere. You have the end portion of the word. Now, reread the beginning of the riddle (literal meaning of the answer by the way), and change this answer to fit the definition.

Ok, you're getting somewhere. You have the end portion of the word. Now, reread the beginning of the riddle (literal meaning of the answer by the way), and change this answer to fit the definition.

Maybe I shouldn't have made the answer so complicated to figure out. I don't know. After you all know the answer, tell me if you feel cheated or not.

I haven't read much just a little. I suppose it would be cheating if you gave us a hint about which story it related too...

Well, if I gave you the title, I give you the answer, but I'll say it's about a man who swears he has no home. Then at the end gets caught socking someone in the face for trashing his "hometown."

No, not disappointed at all. Hard but good.

Nice job.

Good!!! Thank you. I was scared that referencing the ice cream might make you feel cheated when it wasn't Neapolitan, or even allude that it was the answer. But it was the only way I could think of to construe the whole "politan" idea. Yay!!!

The entire universe is my home.

I never stay. I’ll continue to roam.

I’m often dressed in pink and black,

Bragging loudly about the home I lack.

Quite often a child’s joy I bring.

Eating cold and icy things.

Choosing me is a sign that you

Cosmo (universe) politan (many towns, or the like) by definition is a person with no home. Is at home anywhere in the world. Is of the world. SO:

The entire universe is my home. (Everywhere is home to me)

I never stay. I’ll continue to roam. (never stay in one place, roam: self explanatory)

I’m often dressed in pink and black, (pink and black/grey is the traditional "cosmopolitan [like the magazine, trend, etc]" colors)

Bragging loudly about the home I lack. (This is the reference to the story of the Cosmopolite by O'Henry)

Quite often a child’s joy I bring. (Trying to bring the "politan" thought to mind by making you think of neapolitan)

Eating cold and icy things. (The ice cream)

Choosing me is a sign that you (the point in the ice cream is that you don't settle on anything, the spirit of a cosmopolitan)

Edited by lotus

Cosmo (universe) politan (many towns, or the like) by definition is a person with no home. Is at home anywhere in the world. Is of the world. SO:

The entire universe is my home. (Everywhere is home to me)

I never stay. I’ll continue to roam. (never stay in one place, roam: self explanatory)

I’m often dressed in pink and black, (pink and black/grey is the traditional "cosmopolitan [like the magazine, trend, etc]" colors)

Bragging loudly about the home I lack. (This is the reference to the story of the Cosmopolite by O'Henry)

Quite often a child’s joy I bring. (Trying to bring the "politan" thought to mind by making you think of neapolitan)

Eating cold and icy things. (The ice cream)

Choosing me is a sign that you (the point in the ice cream is that you don't settle on anything, the spirit of a cosmopolitan)

Forget the ice cream, I felt that was a red herring. What about Cosmopolitan the drink??? It eats cold and icy things, e.g. ice cubes or frosted glass, and brings to me a child's joy when one is put in my hand.

That's how I got it.....and personally, I think it works better.