BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

:D

I want to travel 1,000 miles on an adult tricycle and I have two spare tyres. However, I want to use all five tyres equally and have an equal mileage on each of the five tyres by the end of the trip. Of course I can only use three tyres at a time, so I will have to change tyres during the trip. At the end of the trip how many miles will each tyre have been used?

4 answers to this question

Yup, just rotate all 5 tyres every 200 miles. Each tyre will net 600 cumulative miles on the trike and 400 in the reserves.

Edited by charlatantric

600 miles on each tyre.

should need 3 changes during the journey.

Yes. Each tire will have to go 600 miles. but you will need 3 stops and 4 changes.

First, stop at 400 miles and put on the 2 new tires.

Then, stop at 600 miles and replace the tire that has already done 600 miles, which was not changed before, with one of the tires that were taken off at 400 miles.

Lastly, replace this tire with the other tire taken off first when you reach 800 miles.

Am I right?

:D

I want to travel 1,000 miles on an adult tricycle and I have two spare tyres. However, I want to use all five tyres equally and have an equal mileage on each of the five tyres by the end of the trip. Of course I can only use three tyres at a time, so I will have to change tyres during the trip. At the end of the trip how many miles will each tyre have been used?

I would go for 600 miles for each tire, 3 stops and 3 changes ...&...