BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

at the risk of making you really mad

please please please

indulge me

An oxymoron, I always thought.

And just for the sake of it, let's consider that you are right. An oxymoron you always thought that something can both cost nothing and too much at the same time. That is truly an oxymoron. Such things are air, or your soul, or whatever.

Extremely invaluable,

This interesting proposition looks like but is not an oxymoron, so you ask what is it then - and you see it is priceless

But it is not.

"It is not" says both that priceless is not an oxymoron and that "It is not" the answer to your riddle

The answer is that worthless, the same as priceless, but its opposite.

An oxymoron.

Does this at least sound like an interesting reasoning that makes the fullest possible use of the two lines you give and the "I" in it, the riddle is right in what he always thought, that you could have a priceless worthless thing.

Edited by dancer

at the risk of making you really mad

please please please

indulge me

An oxymoron, I always thought.

And just for the sake of it, let's consider that you are right. An oxymoron you always thought that something can both cost nothing and too much at the same time. That is truly an oxymoron. Such things are air, or your soul, or whatever.

Extremely invaluable,

This interesting proposition looks like but is not an oxymoron, so you ask what is it then - and you see it is priceless

But it is not. But I would THINK not!!! Not it is not

"It is not" (was meant to mean I WOULD THINK THAT IT DOESN'T MEAN INVALUABLE) says both that priceless is not an oxymoron and that "It is not" the answer to your riddle

The answer is that worthless, the same as priceless, but its opposite.

An oxymoron.

Does this at least sound like an interesting reasoning that makes the fullest possible use of the two lines you give and the "I" in it, the riddle is right in what he always thought, that you could have a priceless worthless thing.

lukily I'm not mad : ) While I actually think your reasoning is very cool, don't get me wrong, my frustration lies in wondering why you're interpreting the structure and meaning of my words different from how I intended them. They seemed SO straightforward to me.

Edited by lotus

lukily I'm not mad : ) While I actually think your reasoning is very cool, don't get me wrong, my frustration lies in wondering why you're interpreting the structure and meaning of my words different from how I intended them. They seemed SO straightforward to me.

just because I'm listening to the riddler, not to you, and there is a slight difference

and the riddler says he always thought it ws an oxymoron

and that extremely valuable is not it

:)

but lets leave it

bottom line

loved it

loved thinking about it

do see my next riddle

thought i've written my last

but this one just came to me

:)