in cheaper ways to pay.

• Answers 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

AN APOLOGY

The same thing as "I'm sorry"

Except at a funeral

(you apologize only if you killed the guy and in that case I assume you are not welcome)

NOW MINUS FIRST LINE

I am a welcome guest. WE WELCOME BEING TOLD THAT THOSE WHO WRONGED US ARE SORRY

Those who want me, honestly,

Leave little room for jest. THOSE WHO WANT A SORRY ARE ANGRY

Though I am worth a bundle, SINCERE SORRY IS WORTH A LOT

I do regret to say, THE ANSWER VERSION IN THE RIDDLE I TALKED ABOUT

No one yet has beaten mine,

in cheaper ways to pay. SORRY IS THE CHEAPEST WAY TO PAY OR ATONE

EXCEPT AT A FUNERAL

AT A FUNERAL YOU ARE SORRY, BUT YOU DON'T APOLOGIZE

Also to clarify the honestly want

you can also not honestly want an apology and thus have no room for jest, we say sorry for little things like bumping into someone

and the words are either worth a bundle or cheap also depending if we mean it or not

But PalmerC said an apology in the same reply that said Sorry....ok, whatevs, i'm just glad to have the answer.

Yes but he needed to say which is the answer

I give this one to him though, hat off, well done

PALMEEEERC'777777777777777777777777

Best One yet Dancer....

Now start doing the hard ones early in the morning and go the other way

Ha ha, you are so right. But really well done! Amazing, you solved all three of my riddles today

But not :angry: tomorrow

But PalmerC said an apology in the same reply that said Sorry....ok, whatevs, i'm just glad to have the answer.

yeah

Although it wasn't what you intended, and you are proud of your double meaning, "thanks" fits better, and here's why an apology is incorrect:

I have been telling people this for a long time. You ever tell someone you're sorry, and they say, "You didn't do it, why are you sorry?"

My response is always: "Sorry isn't an apology." Sorry is a method of apologizing, yes. But, in actuality it isn't an apology. It is a way of showing sympathy for another's feelings, situation, etc. This is not only at a funeral. This in any situation where a person is not in perfect condition.

This is why, when you emphasize over and over that it must be ONLY not at a funeral, I would conclude, that it has nothing to do with sorry or an apology, because, although you would not apologize at a funeral, you would also not apologize if somebody were sick, hurt, not happy, etc (endless possibilities where sorry is said). So, good riddle, but I think it's not quite right.

But, it is a good little twist, and you are right in a way.

Dancer, that was a doosy! I really enjoyed working on that one, but for a "Newbie" like me that was tough. It really did give me a headache but for some reason, I just couldn't walk away until it was solved! Thanks for the great riddle!!!! :thanks::thumbsup::D

yeah

Although it wasn't what you intended, and you are proud of your double meaning, "thanks" fits better, and here's why an apology is incorrect:

I have been telling people this for a long time. You ever tell someone you're sorry, and they say, "You didn't do it, why are you sorry?"

My response is always: "Sorry isn't an apology." Sorry is a method of apologizing, yes. But, in actuality it isn't an apology. It is a way of showing sympathy for another's feelings, situation, etc. This is not only at a funeral. This in any situation where a person is not in perfect condition.

This is why, when you emphasize over and over that it must be ONLY not at a funeral, I would conclude, that it has nothing to do with sorry or an apology, because, although you would not apologize at a funeral, you would also not apologize if somebody were sick, hurt, not happy, etc (endless possibilities where sorry is said). So, good riddle, but I think it's not quite right.

What she was getting at is the exact opposite though, and described in you explanation here.

You could use both anywhere, but you would never say "I apologize" at a funeral, unless you killed the guy. You would only say "I'm sorry" for empathy.

The funeral clue specified that the answer is "I apologize" not "I'm sorry" because only one is appropriate at a funeral.

Dancer, that was a doosy! I really enjoyed working on that one, but for a "Newbie" like me that was tough. It really did give me a headache but for some reason, I just couldn't walk away until it was solved! Thanks for the great riddle!!!! :thanks::thumbsup::D

You all are awesome, and you had such great ideas for answers - now you can see there were such close moments.

Anyway thanks so much for liking the riddle and saying it - you are the first people to work on them as I drew them up one by one during the day.

We do this again tomorrow.

What she was getting at is the exact opposite though, and described in you explanation here.

You could use both anywhere, but you would never say "I apologize" at a funeral, unless you killed the guy. You would only say "I'm sorry" for empathy.

The funeral clue specified that the answer is "I apologize" not "I'm sorry" because only one is appropriate at a funeral.

I suppose you're right. It still took explaining though, and I'll confess I was a little

disappointed.

yeah

lotus trust me, take a look at it again

in this riddle no one was sick, hurt etc

you needed to get to I'm sorry or to I apologize, I don't care which as both work for the word of my riddle with its set of rules (as opposed to the real world with its set of rules)

but then choose one that cannot be used at a funeral

"thank you" does not work

at all

i hope you try another one i create soon

good luck!