I am a welcome guest.

Those who want me, honestly,

Leave little room for jest.

Though I am worth a bundle,

I do regret to say,

No one yet has beaten mine,

in cheaper ways to pay.

joy

thou i don't see how it's worth a bunddle... the last stanza is a bit confusing to me...

okay i guess i'd have to say a "yawn"?

nice try, i liked that but no, that's not it. the last stanza was confusing because it doesn't fit with the answer you offer.

:wacko::wacko:
compliments..... I was actually thinking kind words, like, "sorry for your loss"
it's makin me go

but that would be ok at a funeral right? so no, but you are all so far testing relevant ideas.

Forgiveness

That's very very good thinking but not quite the answer I'm looking for. Keep thinking in that direction and just re-read the riddle.

Is what you say not a welcome guest at a funeral? How is what you say "a way to pay"? When we get what you are giving as answer it is hardly payment, a ward reward might be appropriate in that case, or gift, but not payment.

the reading of the will, inheritance, "what do I get?"

not really a welcome guest ever, unless you hated the deceased. and doesn't fit so well...

all lines are made to fit, all words have to make sense next to your answer

a really cool try though

A hint is to use as much of the riddle as possible

ex. the word "honestly" is not used just to help the rhythm of the rhyme

it can also means "those who want me honestly leave no room for jest" or in other words if not "honestly" then jest is ok. when is it not "honest"? when you lie, when you joke... so maybe we use this guest more often then we think. take a look at last lines now, would that help explain the "cheap", how is it also expensive?

why not at funeral?

tell me which way you are going, I am always happy to send hints. Also comment on the riddle, I am just starting to write them so it helps :)

I think the answer would be a baby, primarily a new one. That or a woman about to give birth.

I wonder how you got that. Cool. But not correct.

Also, when you want to guess the answer, you should hide it by clicking on the spoiler button on the left of your screen when you type. This way if you guess correctly, you don't spoil the riddle for the rest. Thanks :)

I wonder how you got that. Cool. But not correct.

Also, when you want to guess the answer, you should hide it by clicking on the spoiler button on the left of your screen when you type. This way if you guess correctly, you don't spoil the riddle for the rest. Thanks :)

my mistake on that, i am more accustomed to different forums. The answer just made sense. If it is wrong i will re read the riddle and try again from scratch.

my mistake on that, i am more accustomed to different forums. The answer just made sense. If it is wrong i will re read the riddle and try again from scratch.

no problem I also joined just yesterday and made the same mistake at once.

hope the riddle proves fun