BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

At 6:00 am, a woman was discovered dead in a hotel room. The hotel room she was staying in was 3B. The woman in 2B claimed that she heard a scream from upstairs at 2:30 am. The man in 2C heard the scream and went to the manager. The manager told 3C that 3B was probably watching a t.v..

You have been hired to find the murderer. You can ask questions to the characters. After a while I will add more pieces to the puzzle.

You can also speak the Olivia, the maid, who you can ask for advice once in each part of the puzzle.

When it is stated, "The man in 2C heard the scream and went to the manager. The manager told 3C that 3B was probably watching a t.v.." did two rooms complain to the manager 2C and 3C or was 3C intended to be written as 2C?

Who was in the room of 3B at 6:00am when the body was discovered? Why was that person/persons in her room at such an early hour?

you stated that she was found dead at 6:00am in "a" hotel room and she was registered in room 3b, was she found dead in her room 3b or a different room?

Edited by marcy

you stated that she was found dead at 6:00am in "a" hotel room and she was registered in room 3b, was she found dead in her room 3b or a different room?

3D: "I found her in room 3B. She might have been in a different room and the murderer dragged her in."

2B: "I heard the scream directly above me."

4B: "I must have slept through the murder. I was woken up by the sound of my alarm clock at 6:00. I worked with Taylor. That was her name."

Before reading that even you have not decided who the murderer is, I assumed that it was the hotel manager. It makes sense. Why would he say that the noise was just the TV in room 3B unless he subconsciously was trying to explain what the noise was when he killed her? :D

Did anyone hear anything other than the scream? A gunshot? The sound of her door opening/closing?

4B: "Now that you mention it, I do remember waking up at 2:00 am and hearing a strange sound. It sounded strange. Like a click. I didn't give it too much thought."

UPDATE!

A traveller has arrived at the hotel. He was given room 2E. The cause of death has been revealed. Taylor was poisoned.

did anyone else on that floor hear a clicking noise? a clicking noise like a door being opened/shut?

i'm thinking that either 2C or 4B is lying 30 minutes is a while inbetween them

now why was there a scream if she was poisioned?

Was she poisioned in her food or through a needle or something? through a needle would explain the scream

Edited by realthinker999

i think it was 4B. He didn't want to seem suspicous by saying he heared something and didn't tell so he sayed he had heared nothing, but then he didn't want to seem suspicous about saying he didn't hear anything so he made up the click.

4B: "Hey, this isn't some kind of stage, is it? The click could have been a door and the person might have just taken half an hour to get into the room. He might have entered slowly so as not to be heard."

Hmm. That makes sense. :blink:

if blahblah99's mind isn't yet made up, then I think the murderer could be the suspect for whom we make the strongest case.

Interesting thought. I'm just making the story as I go along based off of what you all say. I have no intention of having the murderer be the person who you make the strongest case against. I might change my mind.

Interesting thought. I'm just making the story as I go along based off of what you all say. I have no intention of having the murderer be the person who you make the strongest case against. I might change my mind.

i

don't see this as being any fun, considering the answer isn't known. You'd better let there be a strong case against who you decide the murderer is

Question: Who knew Taylor, and how well did you know her? New guest: did you know Taylor?

She could have screamed because the poison was slow-acting or something. Maybe it caused her a lot of pain before it killed her.

Person in 4B, so.... you woke up and heard a clicking noise, but didn't wake up when she screamed???? Pretty suspicious...

Also, just because she screamed at 2:30, doesn't mean she died at 2:30!

Edited by Saphirae

like the murderer would totally let her call someone. Yeah, (s)he would just hand her the phone and say "Here you go. You can call 911. I don't care if it means I'll get thrown in prison!"

I have a question for the new person! Did you know the victim and where were you at 2:30 am last night?

like the murderer would totally let her call someone. Yeah, (s)he would just hand her the phone and say "Here you go. You can call 911. I don't care if it means I'll get thrown in prison!"

I have a question for the new person! Did you know the victim and where were you at 2:30 am last night?

Dude your not even the one who made up the story so chill out :huh: Let the narrator do the answering please.

Back to the story: Im just saying if she screamed and she screamed because she KNEW she was being poisened why didnt the murder do something to stop her from screaming?

UPDATE!

The murderer has been decided.

Traveller: "At 2:30 I was on the highway coming here. I did know Taylor by reputation"

4B: "The murderer might have been checking to see if Taylor was dead yet. She would have screamed if half an hour after 2:00 she realized that a man was in her room. I would find that creepy."

2B: "The scream was very quick. Almost as though someone wanted to stop her."

Has the autopsy revealed an approximate time of death? So that we may confirm whether time of death really occurred at 2:30 or not? If the method of death has been discovered, the time of death should also be known.

4b: you are seeming very defensive about all your answers. Where were you at 2:30am again?