BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

At 6:00 am, a woman was discovered dead in a hotel room. The hotel room she was staying in was 3B. The woman in 2B claimed that she heard a scream from upstairs at 2:30 am. The man in 2C heard the scream and went to the manager. The manager told 3C that 3B was probably watching a t.v..

You have been hired to find the murderer. You can ask questions to the characters. After a while I will add more pieces to the puzzle.

You can also speak the Olivia, the maid, who you can ask for advice once in each part of the puzzle.

Did Taylor live in New Jersey too?

Did she teach at the same school her son went to?

Taylor did not live in NJ.

Why do you assume Taylor had a child?

Taylor's husband was notified of the death.

Correction. Think about what everyone was doing at any given time.

The fact that the lock was not damaged means that the murderer had access to the key.

There is no trace of a needle or anything else to inject the poison through her skin.

It was determined that the front desk person was fairly new.

Question is: What happened to the person that was replaced?

If it's not relevant, so be it.

What was Taylor's husband's reaction to her death?

Where is he?

Who else besides the front desk, housekeeping would have the keys to the rooms?

What was everyone doing at any given time...

sleeping

teaching seminar

dining

mingling

How well did she know the other guests? Were they just work or did they hangout out of work?

Because the murderer was one of the first mentioned characters, I'll assume that was a joke.

So, are we to assume that the killer is:2a or b, 3c or d, or 4b? I believe they were the only ones mentioned, and of course the front desk person.

Looking back, 2c,3c 2b, and fd were the only mentioned in the introduction.

2b said she heard scream at 2:30, what does she look like? Is she a big,strong woman or a petite little lady? She did not work with Taylor? Is that correct?

3c was told that 3b was watching tv. nothing really on this person.

2c said that he heard scream. what does he look like? Is he a big man or a little wuss? He also did not work with Taylor? Is that correct?

front desk is fairly new and we know that he worked in grocery or what ever. Is his past work history relevant?

These were not mentioned til later, do they have significants to the mystery?

3d was asked to wake her up at 6, worked with her. Is 3d male or female? what is the build on this one?

5f worked with Taylor. only one from new jersey. what was the sex and build on this one?

4b didnt hear anything, then he said that he heard creek at 2:00. worked with Taylor also. what was sex and build?

2e traveler. was on road at the hour in question, or says so anyhow. son goes to Taylor's school. Does he know her from the school? what is the sex and build of the traveler?

What was the article about? Why was it written? what was the purpose?

Where was the traveler going? coincidence that he/she ended up in the same hotel?

Was there anything brought up to the room from roomservice? If so, was it checked for poison?

Why was the pillow on the floor or whereever it was? Was the killer trying to finish the job with the pillow?

Where did the flashlight come from?

Is it possible that the killer of 3b and the attempt on 4b were the same person?

Do I seem to be on the right track so far? The questions might not seem relevant but it is good to be thorough.

fd: you had said that after your shift you thought that maybe she was in trouble but it wouldve been too late, and you would wait til morning. question is: If your shift was not all night, what time did you get done with your shift? Does anyone come in after you leave? irrelevant but still....

fd: you had said that after your shift you thought that maybe she was in trouble but it wouldve been too late, and you would wait til morning. question is: If your shift was not all night, what time did you get done with your shift? Does anyone come in after you leave? irrelevant but still....

Sorry. I've been gone. My shift ended 3:30 a.m. Yes someone came in after me.