BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

At 6:00 am, a woman was discovered dead in a hotel room. The hotel room she was staying in was 3B. The woman in 2B claimed that she heard a scream from upstairs at 2:30 am. The man in 2C heard the scream and went to the manager. The manager told 3C that 3B was probably watching a t.v..

You have been hired to find the murderer. You can ask questions to the characters. After a while I will add more pieces to the puzzle.

You can also speak the Olivia, the maid, who you can ask for advice once in each part of the puzzle.

to the Manager: Why did you tell 3C that 3B was watching TV?

to 2c: What did the manager say when you told him about the scream?

Edited by pussler

to the Manager: Why did you tell 3C that 3B was watching TV?

to 2c: What did the manager say when you told him about the scream?

2C: "Same thing."

FD: "I don't really think that much. I thought she might be watching a T.V. And saw something scary. After my shift I thought She might have been in trouble but thought that it was already to late and I might as well wait until morning."

I'm assuming that in the intro you did not make a typo. 2C and 3C are two different people. Under that assumption:

@3C: Why did the FD tell you 3B was watching TV? When did he tell you (I would also like to corroborate that with the FD)?

If he replies that he heard the scream, I would like to know where he was and what he was doing?

4B: Tell me what you can about what happened before you were attacked. Did you see your assailant's face? Do you know anyone who would want to attack you? What time was it? We found you by the stairs, but were you attacked there or somewhere else? Did your attacker say anything? Oh yea, and since now involves your personal safety, I think you should not hold back and tell me everything. So don't lie. Seriously.

5F: Did you know that 3B was murdered? (please tell me reaction) Why were you here for a teacher's conference? What was this for? Do you know anyone who would want to attack her; a student, her husband, a fellow teacher,.... or you? Did you hear screams, or a clicking sound?

FD: Who delivered her food, and what was it? (corroborate with 3D)

Traveler: You said you knew her by reputation. What do you mean by reputation? Do you know anyone else who might not like her? While your at it... what do you think of that person in 4B, and what do you think other people think of her? Just some questions I'm throwing in the air, buddy.

Maid: Any tips on what to do? Do you know what/who I should ask, or someone who had a grudge against Taylor?

(No longer asking questions in scenario): It seems pretty suspicious to me that the FD was a grocer... might know places on where to hide poison. Maybe FD was hired. Also, is the maid a possibility for murder, or no? Sorry I might assume some people are hims or hers. Just my style. Lastly, good thread. I made my account just to participate in this.

4B: Tell me what you can about what happened before you were attacked. Did you see your assailant's face? Do you know anyone who would want to attack you? What time was it? We found you by the stairs, but were you attacked there or somewhere else? Did your attacker say anything? Oh yea, and since now involves your personal safety, I think you should not hold back and tell me everything. So don't lie. Seriously. The whole memory is kind of blurry. I was walking to the gym on the fifth floor and someone saw me and puched me in the face.

5F: Did you know that 3B was murdered? (please tell me reaction) Why were you here for a teacher's conference? What was this for? Do you know anyone who would want to attack her; a student, her husband, a fellow teacher,.... or you? Did you hear screams, or a clicking sound? Taylor and I weren't close friends but I wouldn't murder her. The conference was about teaching strategies. I'm two floors up on the opposite side of the floor. Of course I didn't hear anything.

FD: Who delivered her food, and what was it? (corroborate with 3D) I believe they went to the restaurant across the street.

Traveler: You said you knew her by reputation. What do you mean by reputation? Do you know anyone else who might not like her? While your at it... what do you think of that person in 4B, and what do you think other people think of her? Just some questions I'm throwing in the air, buddy. I was reading the newspaper. She was mentioned.

Maid: Any tips on what to do? Do you know what/who I should ask, or someone who had a grudge against Taylor? See Monsters versus Aliens. You'll think of what to do.

(No longer asking questions in scenario): It seems pretty suspicious to me that the FD was a grocer... might know places on where to hide poison. Maybe FD was hired. Also, is the maid a possibility for murder, or no? Sorry I might assume some people are hims or hers. Just my style. Lastly, good thread. I made my account just to participate in this.

4B: Is there any reason for anyone to knock you out? Maybe 3B, 3D..... maybe 5F?

Traveler: What did it say about her?

3D and 5F (asked seperately, please separate answers): How do you feel about all your fellow teachers who were staying here for the conference? Do you know of any conflicts between you and another, or two other teachers?

FD: I need you to tell me the time when every person in the list I am about to tell you checked in: the traveler, 3B, 3D, 4B, and 5F. Also, I would like to know again when you started your job here, you said 3 months? By the way, please tell me if anyone tries to check out, or if someone is telling you any information about them or anyone else sneaking away or checking out.

3B: Who killed you?

Edited by Iliveanddie

4B: Is there any reason for anyone to knock you out? Maybe 3B, 3D..... maybe 5F? I don't know. Maybe the murderer thought I was going to catch him/her.

Traveler: What did it say about her? Nothing much. It mentioned a school and her name was listed. (Surprised gasp) And my son goes to that school.

3D and 5F (asked seperately, please separate answers): How do you feel about all your fellow teachers who were staying here for the conference? Do you know of any conflicts between you and another, or two other teachers? 3BI don't have any personal feelings about the teachers here for the conference. I also can't think of any personal conflicts. 5BSame as him

FD: I need you to tell me the time when every person in the list I am about to tell you checked in: the traveler, 3B, 3D, 4B, and 5F. Also, I would like to know again when you started your job here, you said 3 months? By the way, please tell me if anyone tries to check out, or if someone is telling you any information about them or anyone else sneaking away or checking out. 3B and D checked in on the same day. 4B checked in an hour before them. 5F checked in the day before.

3B: Who killed you? ,,,

Where was the teacher conference?

Which city and state is the hotel located?

4B: Which state do you live in?

Same question for 3B, 3D, 5F, 5B, and the Traveler.

Manager/FD: Was your son in her class? If so was he getting a good grade? Did he ever complain about her to you? I don't have a son or a daughter. I was just reading the paper.

4B: Who did you know at the hotel? All of the previously mentioned teachers and the person staying in 8G (Irrelevant.)

maid: did you here the scream? And if you did where were you? The maid is not a character. The maid is just the alias I use to give you hints.

Where was the teacher conference?

Which city and state is the hotel located?

4B: Which state do you live in?

Same question for 3B, 3D, 5F, 5B, and the Traveler.

This is irrelevant.

Maid: "Journey to the center of the earth was also a good movie. Maybe you should see that instead."

Maid: "Journey to the center of the earth was also a good movie. Maybe you should see that instead."

Why is it irrelevant? :huh: Im trying to figure out if they all came from the same place or not? Im trying to figure out the mystery, so you have to answer the questions. :duh:

Why is it irrelevant? :huh: Im trying to figure out if they all came from the same place or not? Im trying to figure out the mystery, so you have to answer the questions. :duh:

Because the murder was at the hotel.

2b noticed the door unlocked in the morning.. but the guy 2c didn't think of taking a look? and this front office person why didn't he think of giving her a call and ask whether everything is ok!? plus. she was poisoned and you say that the murderer came to check whether she's dead or not...! pretty weird and the answers given by the front office guy isnt what is expected... I think you're behind everything... and there was a good deal of links to you in the hotel.. we'll investigate you soon..

2b noticed the door unlocked in the morning.. but the guy 2c didn't think of taking a look? and this front office person why didn't he think of giving her a call and ask whether everything is ok!? plus. she was poisoned and you say that the murderer came to check whether she's dead or not...! pretty weird and the answers given by the front office guy isnt what is expected... I think you're behind everything... and there was a good deal of links to you in the hotel.. we'll investigate you soon..

3D noticed the door. At 2:30 people aren't usually thinking straight.

Olivia is not a character. Just a guide.

Think about the body.

Did it mention how she was found? Was she laying flat? was her body twisted?

What kind of poison did the job? Was it ingested, or was it thru the skin?

Where is her husband? Was he notified of her death? Was she having an affair, does anyone know?