BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

At 6:00 am, a woman was discovered dead in a hotel room. The hotel room she was staying in was 3B. The woman in 2B claimed that she heard a scream from upstairs at 2:30 am. The man in 2C heard the scream and went to the manager. The manager told 3C that 3B was probably watching a t.v..

You have been hired to find the murderer. You can ask questions to the characters. After a while I will add more pieces to the puzzle.

You can also speak the Olivia, the maid, who you can ask for advice once in each part of the puzzle.

Has the autopsy revealed an approximate time of death? So that we may confirm whether time of death really occurred at 2:30 or not? If the method of death has been discovered, the time of death should also be known.

4b: you are seeming very defensive about all your answers. Where were you at 2:30am again?

4B: "I was sleeping. Weren't you listening?"

Front desk: "I'm new to this job. I never thought there would be a murder!"

The time of death was approximately ten minutes after the scream.

UPDATE!

It is believed that the poisoning was through food.

Edited by Blablah99

Person in 3D, what was the state of Taylor's room when she was found? Were there any signs of struggle? Did you notice anything out of the ordinary besides the body?

Autopsy lab, where there any bruises or other injuries found on her body? (Can I ask questions of the lab?)

I love mysteries.... :D

Front desk: When did you start work?

Can we find out information such as: was the victim known to be dating anyone?

4b: How long have you been staying here.

How long has the victim (taylor) been staying here?

4B must have done it. He seems to know alot about it.

I've thought it was 4b ever since he (for some reason I thought it was a she) changed his mind about hearing anything. Either that, or he knows something he's not telling. Or, the front desk guy has seemed suspicious, for mentioning t.v. plus poking his head in, here and there to see what's going on. Hasn't been there very long? Hmmm.

I've thought it was 4b ever since he (for some reason I thought it was a she) changed his mind about hearing anything. Either that, or he knows something he's not telling. Or, the front desk guy has seemed suspicious, for mentioning t.v. plus poking his head in, here and there to see what's going on. Hasn't been there very long? Hmmm.

I agree with you. I thought when he changed his mind something was up.

3D: "I saw no sign of a struggle apart from one of Taylor's pillows and a flashlight on the floor. Taylor also had a cut on her leg. Nothing serious, but it would have hurt."

3C: "I also heard the clicking noise."

4B: "I've read a lot of murder mysteries. That's why I'm thinking what I'm thinking."

Did Taylor order room service last night? If so, who delivered it?

question for 3C: did you hear any noises coming from 3D's room? Like the door opening/closing around 2:00 or 2:30? Or did you hear footsteps out in the hall going to 3B from 3D?

question for 3D: why did the victim choose YOU to wake her up? Did you share a special connection with her?

3C: "I did hear footsteps. I think that they came from the stairs."

3D: "It was odd, but I didn't find any evidence of a break in."

The only fingerprints on Taylor's property were her own.

Taylor was a math teacher.

3C: "I did hear footsteps. I think that they came from the stairs."

3D: "It was odd, but I didn't find any evidence of a break in."

The only fingerprints on Taylor's property were her own.

Taylor was a math teacher.

I think that since she was a math teacher, one of her students didn't like his/her grade. So, one of her students came and 'told' her what he tought of her grade. There, thats what happened. Boom

I think that since she was a math teacher, one of her students didn't like his/her grade. So, one of her students came and 'told' her what he tought of her grade. There, thats what happened. Boom

Because the murderer was one of the first mentioned characters, I'll assume that was a joke.

Taylor, 4B, 3D, and 5F were all teachers. They did know each other.

Were they at the hotel for a teacher's conference? I know most people hole meetings there and that could be why they were all there.

Were they at the hotel for a teacher's conference? I know most people hole meetings there and that could be why they were all there.

And if they were, was this detail even relevant?

Front desk: When did you start work?

Can we find out information such as: was the victim known to be dating anyone?

4b: How long have you been staying here.

How long has the victim (taylor) been staying here?

All of the teachers arrived last night.

The person who was at the front desk has been working at the hotel for a month now.

Taylor was married.

UPDATE!

The approximate time of death was 2:40

At 6:00 am, a woman was discovered dead in a hotel room. The hotel room she was staying in was 3B. The woman in 2B claimed that she heard a scream from upstairs at 2:30 am. The man in 2C heard the scream and went to the manager. The manager told 3C that 3B was probably watching a t.v..

You have been hired to find the murderer. You can ask questions to the characters. After a while I will add more pieces to the puzzle.

You can also speak the Olivia, the maid, who you can ask for advice once in each part of the puzzle.

I think the director has a hand in this.Why will concerned person in 2C go to inform the director of the scream in 3B and the director didn't even respond but instead said she probably was watching TV?Also, why ll some1 shout so loud as to wake another person up on another floor if not a physical/mechanical attack?