BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

It's a pretty straight forward cryptogram (depending on which level). Decode the message, each letter is consistently-(always) replaced-(maybe) by a different letter in the alphabet.

Please don’t ruin it by using an online decryptor.

And don't forget the spoilers!

-This puzzle is what I call a level - 5

Which means that this puzzle is – Various in length. There is a consonant that has been completely removed from the quote below. It is up to you to figure out what that consonant is, and where in the words that consonant is missing. There are no capital letters and the name of the author has also been removed, and will be revealed once the puzzle is solved.

^_^

Good Luck!

uj vlr pvglwdq upqz l wjvjvyjw pr upr: l yj wjdon d dqn vlvjq l zpcj hg xud nlh dwj elw xud nlh vpzu yjtlvj.

Only open these when you have finished the puzzle

Spoiler for 1st person to answer-:

In your spoiler reveal what letter O =

Spoiler for 2nd person to answer-:

What letter G =

Spoiler for 3rd person to answer-:

What the missing letter is

Edit: spelling error, now fixed

Edited by Brandonb

9 answers to this question

I don't know if you can confirm this Bb but

Is "T" the missing consonant? I'm thinking it is, but then again I'm giving cryptograms a go for the first time so I could be well off. I'm regretting that my first attempt is one with missing letters

:rolleyes: .

Also a question to anyone who creates/solves cryptograms:

Is there often/sometimes/ever a pattern to the encryption? Or are the letters substituted randomly? Thanks

:).
Edited by Joe's Student

I don't know if you can confirm this Bb but

Is "T" the missing consonant? I'm thinking it is, but then again I'm giving cryptograms a go for the first time so I could be well off. I'm regretting that my first attempt is one with missing letters

:rolleyes: .

Please refer to the "Instructions for posting answers" spoiler located directly below the quote.

If your guess was correct, then this puzzle would be degraded from a level 5 to a level 3.

However, I am not going to confirm or deny it either way. Just please remember to follow the instructions next time.

Thank you :) And if you have a question relating to these puzzles that would give away info, and you are not solving, then feel free to PM your question to me.

Also a question to anyone who creates/solves cryptograms:

Is there often/sometimes/ever a pattern to the encryption? Or are the letters substituted randomly?

"...each letter is consistently-(always) replaced-(maybe) by a different letter in the alphabet."

So for example, a 'B' in the code would always and consistantly equal a 'C' in the quote. So once you solved for that letter, you could go through the entire code and replace all of the 'B's with 'C's (keep in mind this is just an example and is not relevant to this puzzle).

If you are asking if all of the letters are offset by X number of positions like a Caesarian shift cipher, then no. The are randomly and consistantly replaced.

I hope that answers your question :)

Edited by Brandonb

U=H

The most important thing to remember is this: to be ready at any moment to give up what you are for what you might become.

W.E.B Du Bois (I did have to do a search to find the author)

U=H
The most important thing to remember is this: to be ready at any moment to give up what you are for what you might become.
W.E.B Du Bois (I did have to do a search to find the author)

Nice job! I guess that finishes #25... lets go back to something that will require a little less hair-pulling :P