BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

This one should be pretty easy:

A man walks into an art museum and does terrible damage to some of the impressionist paintings. Later that day, the museum curator thanked him. Why?

23 answers to this question

The painting was so bad and so unrealistically impressionistic that nobody would buy it... But after the wonderful damage done to it, people actually considered it pretty good...

Hahaha, nah, I have no idea, there must be a catch...

Although I do really like Sony's answer,

The man doing the damage was hired by the curator to go in and damage the paintings.

Now the museum can collect some insurance settlement money to help fund the rest of the museum to keep it from going under in the crappy economy. You know that museums and galleries have got to be suffering from lack of charitable funding. You can hardly blame the curator for going to such extreme measures to save the entire museum.

Although, if I were him, I would have had some of the more abstract pieces destroyed. Impressionism is just so beautiful.

I guess it's just another case of the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few.

(sigh)

Probably not it, but it is a valid point none the less.

Although I do really like Sony's answer,

The man doing the damage was hired by the curator to go in and damage the paintings.

Now the museum can collect some insurance settlement money to help fund the rest of the museum to keep it from going under in the crappy economy. You know that museums and galleries have got to be suffering from lack of charitable funding. You can hardly blame the curator for going to such extreme measures to save the entire museum.

Although, if I were him, I would have had some of the more abstract pieces destroyed. Impressionism is just so beautiful.

I guess it's just another case of the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few.

(sigh)

Probably not it, but it is a valid point none the less.

First of all, the paintings weren't for sale, it was a museum. Secondly, I think you're reading way too far into this.

Damaging the paintings brought into focus that the paintings were forged.

I can safely promise you that the paintings were definitely not, under any circumstances, forged.

not exactly what I would call an answer, but...it'll do

Heh sry I edited it when I realised that some one else had the same idea about graffiti..

I still think the curator just didn't like impressionism is a good reason..

The man tripped and stopped his fall by sticking his hands. He fell against the painting leaving his hand marks dented in. The curator thanked him because he then had made it truly impressioned

^_^

The man happened to catch a terrorist who is about to detonate a bomb in the museum, which would destroy the entire museum collection along with the building. The man bravely arm wrestled with the terrorist, destroying some painting in the struggles. Fortunately, he overpowered the terrorist in the end and the museum was saved.

The curator thanked the man because at the time of the struggle, he was crouching under a desk in his nearby office and praying for his life. If it weren't for the man he would have went up in smoke along with his museum.

Edited by bushindo

pathetic thought of mine

the curator wasnt the first curater of the museum. and when the art quality inspector came, he had to see if the art was real and good quality so he had to handle them but he accidentally rips one but inside the painting was lotsa money and the curator didnt know there was hidden treasure? probabley wrong