BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

It's a pretty straight forward cryptogram (depending on which level). Decode the message, each letter is consistently-(always) replaced-(maybe) by a different letter in the alphabet.

Please don’t ruin it by using an online decryptor… not that they will work on anything over a level 2 :P

And don't forget the spoilers!

-This puzzle is what I call a level - 3

Which means that this puzzle is - A decent length quote. The letter ‘N’ has been completely removed from the quote below. It is up to you to figure out where in the words that letter is missing. It also includes the name of the quoted person.

^_^

If you are the first or second to solve the puzzle, please only include the translation to a single one of the letters. The third can go ahead and post the full translation.

Good Luck!

Ld bj'c drdjjfqbgt ylq hbci rlvqfpd, yvc ld bj ylq hbci elcdcbfg. Hbcilvc rlvqfpd, hd rflc eqfrcbrd ft lcidq obqcvd hbci rljbjcdrt. Hd rf'c yd nbk, cqvd, zdqrbwvg, pddqlvj, lq ildjc. ~Zftf Fpdglv

17 answers to this question

H=W

I can't confirm or deny that until I first ask you...

What's with the 'maybe'? is it a guess or did you actually solve?

Next time I'll specify which letters need to be given :P

Edit: Though, next time I may jump straight to a level 5. So it's much less likely that there will be very many answers in the first place

Edited by Brandonb

Edit: Though, next time I may jump straight to a level 5. So it's much less likely that there will be very many answers in the first place

oh i'm solving...i have piles of hair now to prove it....

One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.

Maya Angelou

oh i'm solving...i have piles of hair now to prove it....

HAHA, well, welcome to the den pbcog! I hope you don't go completely bald while you're here! :P

One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.

Maya Angelou

Well done! And welcome to you too SAFE ;)

This is the first day I've posted these in a looooong time, and we're almost all the way up to level 5!

Should I post lvl 4 for next? or just jump straight to level 5 for 'Translator 25'?

Edited by Brandonb

Stop being such a piss and tell him if he got it right or not!

One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest. ~Maya Angelou

oh and you did leave one "n" in there but "d" only appears once also so it works either way

oh and you did leave one "n" in there but "d" only appears once also so it works either way

One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest. ~Maya Angelou

? where's the n?

? where's the n?

in "kind" along with the only "d"... you see the "n" and the "d" have the same potential count in the puzzle, being as when i got to that part i had neither an "n" or a "d" i had to assume it was a "d" because you said you had removed all the n's anyhoo....

i solved it in about 8 minutes in case you were wondering

in "kind" along with the only "d"... you see the "n" and the "d" have the same potential count in the puzzle, being as when i got to that part i had neither an "n" or a "d" i had to assume it was a "d" because you said you had removed all the n's anyhoo....

i solved it in about 8 minutes in case you were wondering

Right... all of the N's were removed.

k=d

s=n (my substitution encryption yielded s=n, there are no s's in the puzzle)

And congrats on the 8mins. I'll post up the Lvl 5 version tomorrow. I promise it will be more of a challenge :thumbsup:

Edit: ok, I see what you mean now. The letter K only appears in the quote once, and n=k. For future reference, the letter that is stated to have been removed, applies to the actual translated quote, not the random letters in the encryption. Sorry about the confusion.

Edited by Brandonb