BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

13 answers to this question

Ok, now that he is gone, we can start talking our strategy. We have been severely injured and dont have much going for us right now, but we are not dead yet. Itachi, I do not have to give up a summon, correct? Here is what we have available to us right now...

Odysseus- IDNE

Guesses

Summons:

Oceanus- Message a player

Cronus- Predict an Action

Prometheus- Boost

Atlas- 50% Olympians nullified, 25% Heroes Nullified (used last night)

Rhea- Sacrified

Diomedes- Prof T

50% kill or protect

Summons:

Briares- Nullifies Ares (used last night)

Gyges- Instantaneous Night

Cottus- Insures a Sacrifice

Nestor- Ysan

Boost to 100% kill or Nullify night action

Agamemnon- Killed

Priam- Killed

Do you think we have a chance to win this thing? I am almost in the mindset to focus on taking out hades...

Taking out hades would look like this...

Odysseus- IDNE

Guesses

1. Zeus will summon Hephestaus to give a shield to Hades

2. Hades will use Medusa on Diomedes

3. Aphrodite will nullify Diomedes

Summons:

Prometheus- Boost- Diomedes

Diomedes- Prof T

50% kill - Hades (boosted)

Summons:

Gygus- Instantaneous night (for more picking on Hades)

Nestor- Ysan

Nullify- Hades

An actual strategy to try and win this would look much different...

Perhaps I should use Cronus tonight? I have no idea how we can win this now.

Any suggestions on where to start, PT?

Edited by IDoNotExist

An actual strategy to try and win this would look much different...

Perhaps I should use Cronus tonight? I have no idea how we can win this now.

Any suggestions on where to start, PT?

I don't think it's possible to win at this point. We only have your three guesses and the Olympians have 2 independents plus Hades can't be recruited until way down the road so he'll not want to aggrevate them since he sees them as stronger then us. Hades will likely be expecting an attack from us tonight also and will protect himself. There are too many fronts for us to counter them all, so it's really just a matter of us delaying the inevitable. The only possibility I can see is if we somehow manage to remain intact tonight, then tomorrow try to reason with Hades to vote with us and Hercules. Forcing them to lose Mnemosyne, possibly, and for us to make an offering to her. Mnemosyne may feel inclined toward our team and Hades may go along so that there is an open spot for him on the Olympians. It's doubtful Hades would comply since I think he's trying to hold out on his own and is hoping for a quick ending. So if we attack Hades it will most likely not succeed and we will have wasted an attack. Our first priority should be to protect Nestor so we have a chance in the day vote. Probably best to attack Zues and try to whittle down his summoning or SG, but they'll expect that. I still feel Bb went above and beyond with his actions. It was something I would never would have considered and it was therefore hard for me to consider someone else would stoop to that level. Maybe if I had given more preemptive thought to the possibility it wouldn't have been such a blow. What's done is done. Moving on.

Edited by Prof. Templeton

I don't think it's possible to win at this point. We only have your three guesses and the Olympians have 2 independents plus Hades can't be recruited until way down the road so he'll not want to aggrevate them since he sees them as stronger then us. Hades will likely be expecting an attack from us tonight also and will protect himself. There are too many fronts for us to counter them all, so it's really just a matter of us delaying the inevitable. The only possibility I can see is if we somehow manage to remain intact tonight, then tomorrow try to reason with Hades to vote with us and Hercules. Forcing them to lose Mnemosyne, possibly, and for us to make an offering to her. Mnemosyne may feel inclined toward our team and Hades may go along so that there is an open spot for him on the Olympians. It's doubtful Hades would comply since I think he's trying to hold out on his own and is hoping for a quick ending. So if we attack Hades it will most likely not succeed and we will have wasted an attack. Our first priority should be to protect Nestor so we have a chance in the day vote. Probably best to attack Zues and try to whittle down his summoning or SG, but they'll expect that. I still feel Bb went above and beyond with his actions. It was something I would never would have considered and it was therefore hard for me to consider someone else would stoop to that level. Maybe if I had given more preemptive thought to the possibility it wouldn't have been such a blow. What's done is done. Moving on.

Yea, I understand what you were saying. Yesterday we had a definite chance to win, and today, seems very unlikely. We also have to keep in mind that Demeter has Agamemmnon and Priam. I think that they will try hard now to take out Ysan, and I am on the verge of just letting them have her, I doubt we can save her and they are looking to kill her in order to have a definite vote majority. They will take her out today and make the sacrifice tomorrow. Should we even try to defend her? I think that our only chance is to focus on SG and taking him out tonight, hoping that they are focused on obtaining their sacrifice and killing Ysan. In the message we would point out that it is probably in their best interest to remain unrecruited by us because the other team is so much powerful at this point, however, we would appreciate the assistance. If we take out SG tonight, we just might have a shot.

Honestly, I can't see how you guys can win at this point, which is why I suggested ending the insurrection and leaving Mt. Olympus with your lives at least. Two things that also don't play in your favor: the next 2 nights, IDNE has only 2 guesses since the Eras will favor Zeus and/or you both will have 2 guesses. Plus, I might as well divulge this info, st is Mnemosyne, and the other team plans on just losing her and gaining a more powerful Indy. I stated when st and Y-San left the game that if either of them could be lost from a team those characters would be removed from the game.

You guys played great without question, but after the Hades debacle I think you lost any chance left at winning. I'll completely understand if you guys want to retreat. I'd actually recommend it. It's like PT said, I think you're just going to be delaying the inevitable now.

Honestly, I can't see how you guys can win at this point, which is why I suggested ending the insurrection and leaving Mt. Olympus with your lives at least. Two things that also don't play in your favor: the next 2 nights, IDNE has only 2 guesses since the Eras will favor Zeus and/or you both will have 2 guesses. Plus, I might as well divulge this info, st is Mnemosyne, and the other team plans on just losing her and gaining a more powerful Indy. I stated when st and Y-San left the game that if either of them could be lost from a team those characters would be removed from the game.

You guys played great without question, but after the Hades debacle I think you lost any chance left at winning. I'll completely understand if you guys want to retreat. I'd actually recommend it. It's like PT said, I think you're just going to be delaying the inevitable now.

How about we stab hades a bit and then run, just for fun? If not, I say we back out, especially with this new information.

Oh right. I totally forgot that ST wasn't even playing and would leave the game when she left the team. Well there goes that idea. I don't think we would get anywhere attacking Hades without help. And that probably isn't going to come. If you really want to punish Hades for his betrayal we would have to make a plea in the open forum that after tonight this war will end but betrayal should never go unanswered and since the game will end without Hades being rerecruited we want to ask the help of the Olympians and the independants to teach him a lesson. This tactic seems a bit vengeful and I'm sure some will think why bother.

Oh right. I totally forgot that ST wasn't even playing and would leave the game when she left the team. Well there goes that idea. I don't think we would get anywhere attacking Hades without help. And that probably isn't going to come. If you really want to punish Hades for his betrayal we would have to make a plea in the open forum that after tonight this war will end but betrayal should never go unanswered and since the game will end without Hades being rerecruited we want to ask the help of the Olympians and the independants to teach him a lesson. This tactic seems a bit vengeful and I'm sure some will think why bother.

I agree with the your last sentence. I do think Hades deserves a taste of his own medicine, but you guys could very well not even kill him after a few nights of trying and that would be really bad. ;) I won't end anything without you guys agreeing to it obviously, but I think that even 1 kill is going to b hard to come by now with the situation as it is. If you want, I can always beat up on Hades a little in the last post :lol:

I agree with the your last sentence. I do think Hades deserves a taste of his own medicine, but you guys could very well not even kill him after a few nights of trying and that would be really bad. ;) I won't end anything without you guys agreeing to it obviously, but I think that even 1 kill is going to b hard to come by now with the situation as it is. If you want, I can always beat up on Hades a little in the last post :lol:

Yeah, Bb knows our only chance to kill him is with Diomedes and he could easily nullify me for a few nights while the Olympians beat up on us. I'm fine with calling it to an end, but IDNE is the leader of this group so I think he should have final say. As for the closing, yes, Hades should get his come-uppance. Karma, and all that.

Yeah, Bb knows our only chance to kill him is with Diomedes and he could easily nullify me for a few nights while the Olympians beat up on us. I'm fine with calling it to an end, but IDNE is the leader of this group so I think he should have final say. As for the closing, yes, Hades should get his come-uppance. Karma, and all that.

Agreed. We're done.