Runs outside and checks the mail

Gets the letter, treats with care.

Goes back home and waits by door,

Time to travel yet some more.

Takes the mail far away

Gives it to another guy.

Gets some letters on the route

And hurries back to send these out.

I think, given Shakee's track record, that dog is too obvious - because that was the first thing to come to my mind as well.

But could it be an email server? Or is that too convoluted?

Dog is FAR too obvious for Master Shakee. His riddles are rife with metaphor and symbolic imagery.

I rather think this looks like an e-mail server or program, but again, that seems a bit too straight forward.

I have a feeling that a literal "letter" like of the alphabet could be key.(My gut isn't very accurate these days, however. :P )

Red blood cells! The electrical charge stimulates the heart, the RBC travels to the lungs to pick up Oxygen.(The letter O) The Oxygenated cell then travels back to the heart to be pumped out to the body where it drops off the O's to another cell and picks up more letters (C and O in the form of Carbon Dioxide.) From there, it travels back to the heart to await a trip to the lungs for the next exchange.

Wow, Shakes... you've outdone yourself. If it weren't for my medical background and Gubdude's guess starting me in the right direction, I never would have made the connection.

Red blood cells! The electrical charge stimulates the heart, the RBC travels to the lungs to pick up Oxygen.(The letter O) The Oxygenated cell then travels back to the heart to be pumped out to the body where it drops off the O's to another cell and picks up more letters (C and O in the form of Carbon Dioxide.) From there, it travels back to the heart to await a trip to the lungs for the next exchange.

Wow, Shakes... you've outdone yourself. If it weren't for my medical background and Gubdude's guess starting me in the right direction, I never would have made the connection.

To say that I am impressed is an understatement... Simply stunning. Amazing riddle and even more amazing solution!

P.S. - Congrats on the baby girl! :D