BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

Ysan, which summons did you sacrifice?

PT, which summons did you use last night?

Remember, starting tonight I am at 75% strength/vulnerability.

Tomorrow (if you want to keep me) you are going to have to win the lynch and make a sacrifice to me. They know this, and will likely be desperately planning to force my removal from this team.

We know that they will not have Apollo to use, but they will use Athena to prevent the lynch win. They will be desperate to pull it off so one of Zeus' guesses will be to nullify Odysseus' nullify of Poseidon summoning Athena. They will also likely use Aphrodite in a way that will prevent Nestor from nullifying Poseidon's summon.

Because we know this, we can counter it... And allow ourselves to get the maximum use of my recruitment by not sacrificing to Hades until tomorrow.

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Aphrodite will protect Dawh (he's Poseidon right?)

2) Zeus will summon Athena

3) Nullify Mnemosyne Nullifying one of IDNE's guesses (I know that this is essentially the same thing as being nullified, but this way we get to choose which guess is nullified ;))

Summon: Oceanus -> send a message to Heracles asking for his vote tomorrow or else we will attack him the following night.

Era Vote: The Age of the Titans - Odysseus' 5 Titans are invincible and Zeus only has 2 Guesses

Nestor Action: Boost Diomedes

Nestor Summon: ??? (which one was sacrificed?)

Guesses:

1)

2)

Era Vote: The Age of the Titans - Odysseus' 5 Titans are invincible and Zeus only has 2 Guesses

Diomedes Action: Attack Dawh

Diomedes Summons:

Erz Vote: The Age of the Titans - Odysseus' 5 Titans are invincible and Zeus only has 2 Guesses

Hades Action: Attack Dawh

Hades Summon:

thoughts?

I'll take point then.

Final actions:

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Eros will protect SG

2) Poseidon will summon Athena

3) Aphrodite will nullify Hades

Summon: Prometheus and boost Diomedes

Nestor Action: Nullify Dawh

Nestor Summon: Agamemnon

Guesses:

1) Mnemosyne will target IDNE

2) block Zeus from blocking Odysseus' blocking Eros from protecting SG

Diomedes Action: Attack SG at 100%

Diomedes Summons: Briares

Erz Vote: The Age of the Titans - Odysseus' 5 Titans are invincible and Zeus only has 2 Guesses

Hades Action: Attack SG at 75%

Hades Summon: Minotaur to protect PT

darn. Prometheus was used last night and cannot be used. i really need to write this thing now hmmm :unsure:

Pending PT or IDNE's approval

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Eros will protect SG

3) Aphrodite will nullify Hades

Summon: Atlas

Guesses:

this way, the nullification on Poseidawh is lowered from 100% to 50%, Diomedes still gets his boost, and Aphrodite has a 50% chance of being nullified.

Sorry Itachi. Being the newcomer I wasn't aware of what summonings were used or eliminated. The redo looks ok to me. If the other guys aren't sure Bb is Hades, do we need the guess about Aphrodite nullifying Bb (wouldn't SG have to pick a player and not a role)?

oops, yeah. It should probably be 'Aphrodite will nullify PT'

So then...

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Eros will protect SG

3) Aphrodite will nullify PT

Guesses:

So then...

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Eros will protect SG

3) Aphrodite will nullify PT

Guesses:

Thanks!

I'm almost at a loss for words. On the one hand I can sort of understand the reasoning behind what Brandonb did. His actions fit well with the story line, he may feel the excitement of being the betrayer or it may have been some personal triumph for him. On the other hand his actions are not something I would have personally done. A team should work together for a common goal, should it be for good or ill. They will either succeed or fail by their actions, but always as a team. No matter that in this case the team may not last untill the end. For as long as a team exists, everyone on it should be working together. Some betrayal is to be expected in certain games, some are designed with that in mind, especially as loose alliances are formed and broken. This seems another matter all together. Brandonb could have just as easily played as a team member last night and then voted along with the Olympians today to effectively get himself off of what he clearly thought of as a sinking ship. Instead he chose to set fire to the decks and piss on the oarsmen as he jumped ship. I can't help but feel personally betrayed as well. As Y-san dealt with issues in her real life and had to withdraw and IDNE was unavailable, I did my best to step in and plot a suitable course. All the while trying to get Brandonb's input so as not to step on any toes, knowing he had to consider the possibility that he may not always be on the Heroes team. I attempted to choose actions that would make it easier for us to make a sacrifice for Hades in order to keep him. It would have been far more courageous for him to have simply told me he didn't wish to be intimately involed in the decision making as he felt he may not be on the team much longer and then sprung his deceitful trap. I expect players to try to deceive me in the main thread, but I wasn't fully prepared for this kind of falsehood in a place where I assumed everyone was being open. I really hope this wasn't some form of revenge for him that stems from a previous game, since I see these situations as not comparable. Well, fool me once shame on you and all that, I'll endevour to be more wary in the future. I'm also going to try very hard to not let this affect how I act toward Brandonb in subsequent encounters or how I think of him as a person. When the wounds are not as fresh and the bitter taste has left my mouth, I may see his actions in a different light.

Anyway, we still have a job to do. It's not over until that fat lady is singing and I'm going to work for my team as best that I'm able. We may come through this scrape or we may lose miserably, but whatever the outcome, we should keep trying. I wish last night had gone differently.

Itachi: can you please let us know as soon as we can start freely planning again?

I'm almost at a loss for words. On the one hand I can sort of understand the reasoning behind what Brandonb did. His actions fit well with the story line, he may feel the excitement of being the betrayer or it may have been some personal triumph for him. On the other hand his actions are not something I would have personally done. A team should work together for a common goal, should it be for good or ill. They will either succeed or fail by their actions, but always as a team. No matter that in this case the team may not last untill the end. For as long as a team exists, everyone on it should be working together. Some betrayal is to be expected in certain games, some are designed with that in mind, especially as loose alliances are formed and broken. This seems another matter all together. Brandonb could have just as easily played as a team member last night and then voted along with the Olympians today to effectively get himself off of what he clearly thought of as a sinking ship. Instead he chose to set fire to the decks and piss on the oarsmen as he jumped ship. I can't help but feel personally betrayed as well. As Y-san dealt with issues in her real life and had to withdraw and IDNE was unavailable, I did my best to step in and plot a suitable course. All the while trying to get Brandonb's input so as not to step on any toes, knowing he had to consider the possibility that he may not always be on the Heroes team. I attempted to choose actions that would make it easier for us to make a sacrifice for Hades in order to keep him. It would have been far more courageous for him to have simply told me he didn't wish to be intimately involed in the decision making as he felt he may not be on the team much longer and then sprung his deceitful trap. I expect players to try to deceive me in the main thread, but I wasn't fully prepared for this kind of falsehood in a place where I assumed everyone was being open. I really hope this wasn't some form of revenge for him that stems from a previous game, since I see these situations as not comparable. Well, fool me once shame on you and all that, I'll endevour to be more wary in the future. I'm also going to try very hard to not let this affect how I act toward Brandonb in subsequent encounters or how I think of him as a person. When the wounds are not as fresh and the bitter taste has left my mouth, I may see his actions in a different light.

Anyway, we still have a job to do. It's not over until that fat lady is singing and I'm going to work for my team as best that I'm able. We may come through this scrape or we may lose miserably, but whatever the outcome, we should keep trying. I wish last night had gone differently.

Itachi: can you please let us know as soon as we can start freely planning again?

I assure you, it was not a personal action. I had considered from the beginning to possibly betray the first team to recruit me (because it would make it much easier to then bring down one side and end as a winner). And Itachi knows this, and in fact I told Ysan that I had planned to do it on day1 after I had been recruited (I'm not sure if I did in the thread though).

It wasn't the sinking ship thing that forced me to betray you... as I told Ysan, the reason I didn't do it on that very first night was because I thought that I wouldn't have any protection after the betrayal (since she told me that both of Aphrodite's summons were gone, and I had no idea how the shield worked). If I had known off the bat the true nature of those things, I would have taken action much earlier and been able to do more damage.

Please do not take it personally. My earlier comment was in jest only, I promise. I am merely trying to expedite the quickest way to my own victory, and with the setup for this game (that I deject after 3 nights if not sacrificed to again) encouraging betrayal as the optimum strategy, I felt that it was by far the most logical action to take.

I appreciate your attempt to clear the air. Still something about the level of deception against players that you were supposed to be working with, however tentatively, doesn't feel correct to me. I know you did what you felt was the best for your win conditions, and your previous actions have always seemed well thought out. Wheather betrayal is the optimum strategy or not is debateable. I suppose it was the unexpectedness of it the caught me off guard. You made me believe that you wanted what was best for the Heroes team and wished to stay on board. But, it's only a game after all. Good luck.

I apologize for any bad feelings that have arisen during this game. I can only assure everyone that nothing was done out of any malicious or personal intent and Bb had indeed been planning a revolt for a while. The thing is that I sort of intended this type of thing to happen with the 3 day rule, so I'll take the blame for the game design in that respect. I wasn't sure if a betrayal would happen or not, but I assumed the Independents would at least make some nights very difficult for Zeus and/or Odysseus. I do feel bad that this group seems to have been getting hit from all sides over the last couple nights, but that could also be said to be the result of not making good enough plans to please Independents and keep them in a favorable position. Again though, I really can't stress enough that the actions taken against the heroes here were not meant to be personal. That is of course to the best of my knowledge, but also in fairness to Bb I received a pm about a possible plot to betray him as well. That didn't go through of course, but it was at least discussed.

Oh and lastly, the shield thing... can that be the last I hear of that please? It only played into the effects of 1 night and I then changed what I had intended from that ability to exactly what this team wanted. I feel like I apologized enough for that and now it's just getting annoying. Believe it or not, the other team didn't complain one bit when the power was decreased :o

No hard feelings. I'm sure if i hadn't been on the receiving end, I would have thought it an exciting twist. So Hades, what are your plans once you are again an independent? The Olympians won't be able to recruit you and you probably don't want to rise their ire either. Are you going to being doing their dirty work without actually being on their team?